Does the repair price seem right? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Eclipse Graveyard

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10/19/2013, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chandler

Vehicle: 02 Spyder GT
cdeck231 : who are you?
Does the repair price seem right?

Two days ago, I hydroplaned into a ditch on my way home from school. The insurance I have only pays for my car when the other driver is at fault, so I have to fix it with my own money. The driver side is pretty much untouched, but the passenger side...not so much.The bumper is trashed, and it shattered headlight, turn signal, and fog light on the right side. There is a dent in the quarter panel, and the fender is trashed.

Here is a picture of the quote I received for the repairs

the headlight charges seem high. online I see pairs being sold for the same price as the single beam. And as for the bumper, I wanted to put on an aftermarket one that I found for $135. Do you think if I brought in the part to the body shop, they would use my part instead of their suppliers? the mechanic that I talked to works on formula one race cars, and is all about custom looks, so I hope it wont be a problem. Thanks All!

Last edited by cdeck231; 10/20/2013 at 02:39 PM.
cdeck231 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10/19/2013, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
lit up

Vehicle: '14 BRZ
soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.
that price looks about right.

i got tboned a while back

total repair cost was $5,880, and that included pretty much every external body panel on the front end as well as a new front core support..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
soundman98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/19/2013, 07:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chandler

damn, that much?! Thats almost what i paid for the car itself!

Old 10/19/2013, 08:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.
Buy a new car and part out? I mean. If it's that much and will take that long being repaired it may just be easier/ more logical to go that route

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
tHEpRINCE-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/19/2013, 09:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
G$

Vehicle: '01 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ
wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.
Price looks right. This was estimated to be almost $1200:

IMG_0916 by wetamup2001, on Flickr

All it needed was a new bumper cover, headlight and fender (the foglight was already busted and I repaired it for $18 later). So your estimate seems fair.

As far as them using your part, I wish I knew. I know if your insurance was paying, they would just pay the body shop whatever the estimate is minus any deductible, so if you gave them the part, they don't have to go buy it with insurance money, they can pocket that. In your case, I'm not sure how it works exactly when a person pays for their own bodywork.

I would imagine they'd do it for you, but say they charge you the $195 for the headlight, and get you that headlight but cheaper using one of their connects, the difference between what they charged you and what they paid is profit. There is no profit in you bringing your own light. So I have no clue. Anyway, hope this helps some.
Old 10/19/2013, 09:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
lit up

soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeck231 View Post
damn, that much?! Thats almost what i paid for the car itself!
well first, it was an insurance claim. second, the car was just barely 6 months old(in my possession), and i had paid $10k for it, so at the time it was valued at a lot more... but yes, it was a lot of money..

Old 10/20/2013, 01:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse Gts
nigel3018 : who are you?nigel3018 : who are you?
Can any of you see the pics?? I'd say go to get the frame and alignment checked then to the pick and pull.
nigel3018 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/20/2013, 10:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Chandler

I don't know why the pictures aren't showing up, they were working yesterday. And the first place I brought it to said there was no frame damage, but the second place quoted it at $2800, and wanted to do a Front End Overhaul, and Minor Frame Pull. He thought inside the hood, the collision caused frame damage near the power steering reservoir, but it looks like it was made that way, the way it curves around it

oh I think I know why the pictures aren't showing up. I used an anonymous image hosting site to get the url for the image, and maybe the picture only stays up for a certain amount of time or something like that

Last edited by cdeck231; 10/20/2013 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Change
Old 10/20/2013, 11:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
lit up

try this

i opened the image in a new tab, which was a different web address..

there's absolutely no way a plastic power steering reservoir would crush a front core support like that..

but for reference, check out the engine bay shots thread-- that is an oem 'dimple'..
Post your engine bay shots

Old 10/22/2013, 08:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Chandler

I talked with the mechanic today, and he said the frame damage was under the fender, and when I hit the ditch, it was pushed down, so he wants to do a minor frame pull. Also, when I drive it, theres a knocking in the back left by the tire sound every time I go over a slight bump, which is pretty much every 5 seconds. I asked him about it and he said that the bushing for the coil (I think) probably came loose. So is it just bouncing off the frame instead? Is that an easy fix I can do myself? He is booked for the next 3 weeks, so I'm stuck driving it to school like that, and it is so annoying, and it cant be good for the frame either

Last edited by cdeck231; 10/22/2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 10/22/2013, 08:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Chandler

I also asked him about the aftermarket bumper, and he told me that he will install whatever I bring him if I want a different bumper, but he told me to stay away from some brands that were cheep, because they might not fit, even thought they were made for the car. Anybody have any suggestions on an aftermarket bumper that's not too expensive? and one that I don't need new fogs or turn signals preferably, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Eclipse Graveyard

Tags
body shop, price, repair, wreck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in