Out with the old - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Eclipse Graveyard

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03/12/2014, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Jetta GLS
anonymous6366 : who are you?
Out with the old

Someone pulled out of a parallel parking spot in front of me. Now I am told that the damages exceed the value of the car. However this is really REALLY good. I am getting 5300 from insurance and we paid 5400 for it 4 years ago!

So now I need something new, any suggestions? I was looking at g35s, I really like them but they might be a bit out of my price range (~10k, and hopefully less than 60k miles). I have also been looking at turbo jettas, and mazda 3s. Anyone know about reliability on these or things to watch out for? Any advice is much appreciated, also I'm not in a rush to get a new car; just looking at this point.
Advertisement

Old 03/12/2014, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
That'll buff right out.

Mazda 3's are a decent reliable little car. Sorry for the crash. Unless there's more, I'm surprised a bumper, fender, headlight, and possible hood totaled the car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/12/2014, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
That'll buff right out.

Mazda 3's are a decent reliable little car. Sorry for the crash. Unless there's more, I'm surprised a bumper, fender, headlight, and possible hood totaled the car.
there was a tad bit of structural damage involving something with the mounts for the bumper. It was fender, headlight, hood, windshield washer fluid box, that structural damage, & a few spots that got paint chipped on the door as result of fender being pushed back into it.

Old 03/12/2014, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
lit up

Vehicle: '14 BRZ
soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.
be sure to check insurance rates for all the cars you're considering before buying.. i ended up with a new brz, which is cheaper then the rate they quoted me for an old used g37(2014 brz is about $90/mo. 2005 g37 was going to be about $150/mo)...

soundman98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/12/2014, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Oh yeah, I'm considering reliability, cost to repair, insurance, and obviously capital cost
Old 03/12/2014, 09:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.
have you looked in to an old evo or wrx?
snow + AWD ?
could be a thought
tHEpRINCE-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/13/2014, 09:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEpRINCE-GT View Post
have you looked in to an old evo or wrx?
snow + AWD ?
could be a thought
Once I'm 25 (insurance rates lower then) I'll probably get an evo 8 or something. As for right now they are a little too expensive for one with reasonable miles. Insurance for a 21 year old will be crazy too.

Last edited by anonymous6366; 03/13/2014 at 09:55 AM.
anonymous6366 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Eclipse Graveyard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in