Hey, my car won't sta-- Oh... - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Eclipse Graveyard

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04/19/2014, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Szabo : who are you?
Talking Hey, my car won't sta-- Oh...

Woohoo, props for second post ending up in the graveyard? Fixed my CC from the first post and now my little black fat fraggle faced idiot magnet is toastier than Bob Marley on a Tuesday.

Driving back from a weekend in Pennsylvania, when the Saw Mill River Parkway in New York ate my car.

Something like, pothole, shit rear tires, first 20 minutes of unplowed snowfall and making a right turn equaled this wonderful situation I find myself in. This happened a few months ago and I've been busy and haven't had time to post, but here we go.

I was 100 meters out of a stop light, slight left, slight right, got up to around 40 mph and hit a little bump and came out of the turn sideways. Let the wheel hang loose with a little counter pressure, following the road and trying straighten it the car. It came back and started the other direction, threw the wheel hard to avoid the guy in the outside lane who hit his brakes and put his flashers on as he saw me fishtailing. Slid to the outside rail on the outer edge of the road and bounced of the last couple of meters of it. That saved me from going into the woods. Slid around 180, back across the road to the other rail, car's lowered so I go under the rail, clip a support and that whips the car the rest of the way, slam the rear end up against the rail and land 290 facing the woods.

No airbags... Literally, there are none in this car. Thanks Todd, you scheisse meister, nice going schweinehund.

So, this little wonder is now totaled. I made it out without a scratch, I'm kind of hard to kill it seems. Nobody else was hurt, no other property damage besides that contained herein. I Wish I wasn't so mad at the time, I would've parted it out. There's some good stuff in there, the new stuff I added to hopefully make it less of a complete dumpster fire, but to no avail. It was still an absolute toilet.

Got something new in the works, I'll post about it soon.

Cheers!

Last edited by Szabo; 05/08/2014 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Oh right, pictures...
Szabo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04/19/2014, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2016 Veloster
pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Good to see you're ok. Have any pictures?
pmurray20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/20/2014, 09:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
G$

Vehicle: '01 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ
wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.
Damn. Glad you're safe, but damn what a wreck.

Old 04/20/2014, 10:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
*Under Construction*

Vehicle: 2003 GTS 5spd
BioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFO
I no a guy that knows a guy. He can buff that right out.

Glad ur ok
BioHazarD_6G72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/20/2014, 10:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Well, hopefully you learned your lesson about driving for the conditions and taking into account the condition of your car and the condition of the road when deciding how to drive. You can't blame anyone but yourself for this one, so just learn and don't make the same mistake again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Eclipse Graveyard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in