6g73 manifold - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Eclipse Performance

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06/16/2010, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
R.i.p Silverside

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Srt-4
SlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okay
6g73 manifold

It looks similar to the diamante manifold, shaped like the gts manifold, and looks like it will accomodate the dia throttle body with proper spacing. Btw 6g72 73 74 share the same upper manifold gasket. Thoughts?

Fs:Magnaflow Caback (Cali Spec).
SlowRyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06/16/2010, 11:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Steveodotcom1 : who are you?Steveodotcom1 : who are you?
Looks like it would work to me.
Steveodotcom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/16/2010, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Boobs!? WHERE!?!

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse 3.5L GT
Solar Klipse : who are you?Solar Klipse : who are you?Solar Klipse : who are you?Solar Klipse : who are you?
I've never seen one... The 6G73... That's the 2.5 in the strats right?

6G72/74 Engine Swap
ECU Reflash/Tune (Courtesy of TX4Codeman)
AEM V2 CAI
RPW Long Tube Headers
KYB AGX Shocks
Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
EBC Slotted Rotors
Stoptech SS Brake Lines
F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch
F1 Racing Lightened Flywheel
Ingalls Stiffy Engine Damper
Solar Klipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06/16/2010, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: Galant GS
mysticj : who are you?mysticj : who are you?mysticj : who are you?mysticj : who are you?mysticj : who are you?
Plenum is slighter smaller than the Diamante, runners shape like the GTS.
Old 06/16/2010, 03:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 90 talon tsi awd.
eclipgtse : who are you?
isnt that in the avengers?
eclipgtse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/16/2010, 05:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crazy?

Vehicle: 2g Stratus Coupe SE 6g75
tdevriesgb : who are you?tdevriesgb : who are you?
6g73 came in early galants and chrysler cloud cars ( stratus, cirrus, avenger, sebring). they had a gouple of different style intakes. pictures help. they are interchangable. I have one style of intake from one of them but i have not had time to experiment with it.
Mechanic Services available: Swaps, CPU Flashes, and Repairs
tdevriesgb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/16/2010, 06:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
2011's are gay

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GTS 6G75
White Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by all
why? people with 73's upgrade to our manifolds, i think. anyways, why not just go with a diamante? bigger runners tb opening and plenum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
White Knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/16/2010, 07:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
R.i.p Silverside

SlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okaySlowRyd seems to be okay
possibly a chance for a manifold swap without space issues using dia tb. I'll be at the junkyard tommorow and will take measurements and pictures for those who aren't familiar.

Last edited by SlowRyd; 06/17/2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06/17/2010, 08:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
R.i.p Silverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
why? people with 73's upgrade to our manifolds, i think. anyways, why not just go with a diamante? bigger runners tb opening and plenum
After you see the picture and the measurements you'll understand why I brought it up.

Old 06/17/2010, 03:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
NEXT....

Vehicle: Debating next project
bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
Send a message via AIM to bgdakid
The 6g73 is the 3.0 v6 but its like 160hp you dont want to swap to a smaller mani's
bgdakid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/18/2010, 10:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdakid View Post
The 6g73 is the 3.0 v6 but its like 160hp you dont want to swap to a smaller mani's
The 6g73 is actually a 168 chp 2.5l v6. one of the manis I heard flows well. I think they were on Avengers and Sebrings. The ones on the Stratus and Cirrus are really flat, I would imagine it doesn't flow well on larger displacement engines.
Old 08/09/2010, 04:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Angry Gorilla

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GTS
indyguy699 seems to be okayindyguy699 seems to be okayindyguy699 seems to be okayindyguy699 seems to be okayindyguy699 seems to be okayindyguy699 seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
sorry to bring this up from two months ago, but I do have first hand knowledge on this. The 2.5 liter 6g73 manifold is smaller than our 6g72 and the throttle body is way smaller. I just worked on my old 1999 Dodge Avenger (gave to my sister) over the weekend and you can tell the difference right away. I did have them pulled next to each other with both their hoods up though.

White Knight you are right there are a lot of 6g72 manifold swaps for the 6g73. I did a manifold swap on the Avenger to the diamante manifold and it was so much bigger it had a hard time starting in the real cold. But the flow was much greater in the upper rpms. I had to turn up my safc for more fuel when I had it re-tuned. This gave it a much harder pull on the upper end.

stay away from the 6g73 manifold on the 6g72/6g74, just my 2 cents...
03 Eclipse GTS: K&N box filter, Ripp long tube headers, MSD Ignition, Blaster 3 coil, Walbro pump, AEM UEGO, Tactrix 2.0, Ecu Flash, Evoscan, blue Accel wires, NGK copper, 4 x polyurethane motor mounts, black tyc tail lights and full Pioneer stereo system (7 speaker setup).
indyguy699 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/09/2010, 04:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Dangler

Vehicle: 2015 Audi A4 Premium Plus
espguitarist3 seems to be okayespguitarist3 seems to be okayespguitarist3 seems to be okayespguitarist3 seems to be okayespguitarist3 seems to be okayespguitarist3 seems to be okay
wouldnt it technically push the rpm band lower? more power down south less flow up top. If you were looking for low end power that would make the swap worth something

is your eclipse Rice Special faster then a civic Sportscar Impersonator?

Proud author on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
espguitarist3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/15/2010, 07:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

Vehicle: 97 sebring convertible
white97bring needs to be reminded to breathe.
The 6g73 manifold on my 6g72 uses the same gaskets as the 6g72. I can't make a knowledgable comment on power gains. If it is a fitment oriented idea then porting the runners for both upper and lower plenums and some matching gaskets should retain the top end power as far as larger displacement engines go.
white97bring is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/15/2010, 07:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by espguitarist3 View Post
wouldnt it technically push the rpm band lower? more power down south less flow up top. If you were looking for low end power that would make the swap worth something
Esp I think you're seeing things too black and white. Low flow does NOT ALWAYS mean more torque. A tighter intake path will do it yes, but if low flow meant more torque then everyone would be filling runners. Torque is created by high velocity pressure pulses bouncing back and forth down your runners then ramming into the cylinder once your valve opens, making a charging effect that leads to really high compression. However, just because the manifold flows less, doesn't mean it aides in this concept.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/15/2010, 10:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Dangler

Vehicle: 2015 Audi A4 Premium Plus
espguitarist3 seems to be okayespguitarist3 seems to be okayespguitarist3 seems to be okayespguitarist3 seems to be okayespguitarist3 seems to be okayespguitarist3 seems to be okay
The manifold is the same as the diamante manifold, just small. There is better flow (due to shape) however there is less flow due to runner size. The air will flow faster and better due to the shape, but there will not be the same volume (aiding in speed as well) because it is smaller/tighter. Forget rpm. look at CFM. It wil be optimized for a lower cfm (aka smaller engine higher rpm, larger engine lower rpm). When mr. civic ports his head and intake, he is basically optimizing it for a higher CFM, which in his case he can only acheive by revving higher. If he made it smaller it would be the opposite, or low end. Engine size and RPM only matter in the combonation of what CFM the engine can flow. (look at turbo sizes. Larger turbos flow higher cfm, but the little engines have to rev higher/lag a bit to get it spooled to flow enough CFM to spool/make the power they want)

I'm just going by a compilation of all the theory i've read and physics I understand. I didn't mean to sound so definitive. It would definitely need to be dynod (would love to see that..), but following the theory I've read would make sense

is your eclipse Rice Special faster then a civic Sportscar Impersonator?

Proud author on

Last edited by espguitarist3; 08/15/2010 at 10:41 PM.
espguitarist3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/15/2010, 11:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
Yeah, I think the line is a bit more obscure then you're making it out to be, that's all I'm saying. There is a point in which the lesser volume starts to really choke the engine overall. I just look at BJ's engine, using PNPed 75 heads and it still makes massive torque down low.
Old 08/16/2010, 12:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
2011's are gay

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GTS 6G75
White Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by all
someone just do the damn swap and dyno it

White Knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/16/2010, 12:09 AM   #19 (permalink)

Whose gonna spend money for a tune on a downgrade manifold?
Old 08/16/2010, 08:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
Crazy?

I think I will continue to work towards getting my 75 uim manifold installed, now that I am waiting for parts to come for my bike.
Old 05/11/2017, 12:29 PM   #21 (permalink)

Vehicle: 1997 Chrysler Cirrus
77Zachery : who are you?
Well you could swap a 6g72 24v sohc intake from like a 2001 sebring or the 2000s eclipse because they all share mostly the same lower intake manifold into the heads.
77Zachery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Eclipse Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in