parts for building a gs transmission? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Eclipse Performance

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11/18/2016, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Pilosalas : who are you?
parts for building a gs transmission?

hey guys hopefully not another one of my dumb questions . so im almost done with my turbo 4g64 (03 eclipse gs) after that i want to either buy a engine from junkyard and do dohc swap while i have the 4g64 running or get a transmission and build it . my questions is where do y'all find all this aftermarket parts for transmission ? I honestly can't find much but stock parts for regular rebuild . yes i tried to search. also i know a transmission rebuild is a difficult thing to do but thats the point of the project car also i wont be doing it by my self one of my co workers at the shop knows how to rebuild most auto and manual transmission ( regular rebuild but willing to help me with aftermarket for power)
Pilosalas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11/18/2016, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Mits. Eclipse 2.4l
ghosteye36 : who are you?ghosteye36 : who are you?
You can find a Quaife LSD on amazon.com or even e-bay or just send it in to a performance shop and let them rebuild to your specifications.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003XU23XQ...I283GB4J52L2Y5

Last edited by ghosteye36; 11/18/2016 at 09:52 PM.
ghosteye36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/18/2016, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

yeah i found about the lsd from quaife and wavetrack . i guess thats one part for sure i will need to do but im talking about parts i guess stuff like the actual gears have to be upgraded and clutch clutch fork bearing and the actual internals inside like synchros sorry if any of the shit i said is dumb i dont know much about transmission and whats supposes to be upgraded i know also axles will need to be upgraded

Old 11/18/2016, 10:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilosalas View Post
yeah i found about the lsd from quaife and wavetrack . i guess thats one part for sure i will need to do but im talking about parts i guess stuff like the actual gears have to be upgraded and clutch clutch fork bearing and the actual internals inside like synchros sorry if any of the shit i said is dumb i dont know much about transmission and whats supposes to be upgraded i know also axles will need to be upgraded
Your good. look up driveshaft shop they do custom axles i called them for our eclipse and to do a 700hp axle with turbo is only between 800-900 dollars usd. yes the synchros and gears may need to be upgraded that i would say you will get information from a performance shop and they can tell you definitely all that they will have to do or if they even have to upgrade the valve body of the tranny or not.
Old 11/18/2016, 11:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

yeah will have to look for aftermarket axles and yeah i guess i will have to contact some performance shop to get my aftermarket parts sucks that i live in houston and there isnt many stuff here its all about vettes and mustangs no japanese cars im already have trouble on where to take my car to get tuned it will probably be a bigger pain to find a place who can help me gets the parts i may need
Old 11/18/2016, 11:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosteye36 View Post
Quote:
Your good. look up driveshaft shop they do custom axles i called them for our eclipse and to do a 700hp axle with turbo is only between 800-900 dollars usd. yes the synchros and gears may need to be upgraded that i would say you will get information from a performance shop and they can tell you definitely all that they will have to do or if they even have to upgrade the valve body of the tranny or not.
maybe im wrong but I thought manual transmissions dont have valve bodies ? correct me if wrong
Old 11/19/2016, 11:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
maybe im wrong but I thought manual transmissions dont have valve bodies ? correct me if wrong
they don't but i was speaking in general on upgrading a tranny for high performance. bud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Eclipse Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in