Driver side half axle - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Eclipse Performance

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11/24/2016, 05:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Sillec : who are you?
Driver side half axle

Yep. It's me again..here we go. When I put the car back together I'd already gotten a new half axle only to discover it didn't have the ring lock thing (Its 5am, don't burn me) so took it back and got replacement. Been driving it, just changed 2500 mi oil...and I'd noticed a wk or so ago oil all over the the K member, car smoking, but I wasn't loosing any oil. Wth?? Yesterday I checked my tranny oil..low, so I put in over a bottle of gear oil. Then found a nice puddle of it on my drive. Drove car for a bit tonight and it felt like the axle had come out but not all the way...freaked me out. Replaced the seal when replaced axle btw and now I'm wondering if they gave me the correct length. I read a posting abt how the 2000's driver side axle was longer and changed after that year to a shorter size. Any truth to that?
Sillec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11/24/2016, 08:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.
There is a difference between auto and manual half shafts

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
tHEpRINCE-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/24/2016, 06:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Right. Aaaaand as it turns out it isn't coming from the half shaft...it's coming from the passenger side. Now that side isn't locking in for some reason. I don't get it.

Old 11/24/2016, 09:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Autozone parts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/25/2016, 11:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Good Morning Bitter, no, O'Reilly's actually but I've never had problems with the axles before now.
Old 11/25/2016, 11:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Im considering just taking the axle from the silver Eclipse I bought since it's still not drive able and dealing with it at a later time. If I remove it will it still be good to use?
Old 11/25/2016, 04:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Yes, as long as you don't damage it taking it off. Don't rip the boot or pop the inner joint apart inside the boot.

Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/25/2016, 05:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Turns out the axle I have is under warranty so I get a new one :joy:
Old 11/25/2016, 07:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Crazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okay

Crazyguy03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Eclipse Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in