3.8 Mivec question - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Eclipse Performance

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02/27/2017, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GTS
Akiira needs to be reminded to breathe.
Question 3.8 Mivec question

To start, it's really late and i'm extremely tired.

So I've purchased an amazing project from 3g_bishi. He has already done some amazing work and sold me a functioning 3.8 swap eclipse so I cheated my way out of a lot of very hard work. Look him up. Find his swap. Recognize awesomeness.

My question is.... the 4g eclipse operates flawlessly with this engine because it was obviously made to do so. I want to emulate that platform in my favorite bodystyle, the 3G. Rather than pick and pull different components like the diamante TB and random spark plugs, plus a million other mods to make this swap possible. Couldn't we take a 4G and gut it? literally taking everything from the 4G that makes it operate so well and putting it into our 3G? Like the ECU, all wiring, drive by wire operation, EVERYTHING! Making our 3G think it's a 4G?

I do realize that this is as much or more work than has already been discussed for the swap to happen but I seriously feel it would be easier to troubleshoot problems and ensure the Mivec has ZERO issues.

Maybe my search button/skills don't work but I have found no results on someone doing this type of swap (full gutting/converting and electrical work)

End goal here is to make this beauty think it's a 4G and throw a turbo (or two) at it to see where this all goes. Yes I know it's a lot of time/money, if you're going to burn me do it for not searching enough, not for having big dreams.
Akiira is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03/06/2017, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 eclipse gt
zeroeclipse : who are you?zeroeclipse : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to zeroeclipse
Look up http://www.blackheartmotors.net the mivec swap info is on the website and can be found by searching 6g75 mivec swap on here
zeroeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Eclipse Performance

Tags
3.8, 6g75, mivec, question, swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in