Scot Grey (RRE) Manual Transmission Mix - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Eclipse Performance

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01/22/2007, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ah yes...

Vehicle: 00 GT RIPP STG.3 & EVO X
Clipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wide
Send a message via AIM to Clipse3GT Send a message via MSN to Clipse3GT
Exclamation Scot Grey (RRE) Manual Transmission Mix

Since alot of people ask what this is. I will give you guys the mixture and what oil should be properly used.

From RRE's Website
"Who the heck is Scot Gray and what is his mix? Well Scot is some famous internet personality/ tuner/ DSM guru guy and he had this special mix of 2 quarts of Redline MTL gear oil along with one quart of BG Syncroshift. He told one guy, they told another... someone told the internet and now people always ask for the "Scot Gray Mix" So we sell it. Some trannys just shift better. BG and Redline MTL are very similar. Basically a thinner gear oil with all the right combination of slippery and grippy qualities to make your transmission both shift well and last a long time. "

2x Redline MTL SAE 70w-80 API GL-4 Gear Oil
1x BG SyncroShift Part# 790

Last edited by Clipse3GT; 01/23/2007 at 11:15 AM.
Clipse3GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/22/2007, 11:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
stupid booster

Location: claysburg, camden, martinsburg, bridgeport, addison/dallas.
Vehicle: Single snailed spyder
icemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to icemanrld19
how much? I need some now
icemanrld19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/22/2007, 11:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pee in the sink

Vehicle: 2005 Black GTS
stylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-wide
When I ordered it form them, it came to about $30.
stylez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01/23/2007, 12:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
stupid booster

Location: claysburg, camden, martinsburg, bridgeport, addison/dallas.
Vehicle: Single snailed spyder
icemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by allicemanrld19 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to icemanrld19
How long until you got it? Im going on a trip to FL on the 2nd and i need it quick
icemanrld19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/23/2007, 12:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Frank

Vehicle: 2001 GT
Regulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by allRegulator seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to Regulator
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanrld19 View Post
How long until you got it? Im going on a trip to FL on the 2nd and i need it quick

Since its coming from Cali, it took about 5 business days via UPS to get to my door in FL.
Regulator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/24/2007, 07:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Spring King

Vehicle: '11 135i, '98 Ranger 4x4
tracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by many
I always wondered how close, or how different, this is to what Mitsu recommends? Are people actually solving a problem with this or just hell bent on modifying anything possible?

I'm not saying it's bad, or good, just wondering more info -
tracer bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/24/2007, 07:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ah yes...

Clipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wideClipse3GT is recognized club-wide
To tell you the truth Mitsu Recommends 75w-90 gear oil. Now if you would try to get 3 quarts of "Mitsu OEM fluid" it owuld probably cost you the same.
Old 01/24/2007, 11:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
OMFG

Vehicle: Cars
NAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regularNAPALM should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to NAPALM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
I always wondered how close, or how different, this is to what Mitsu recommends? Are people actually solving a problem with this or just hell bent on modifying anything possible?

I'm not saying it's bad, or good, just wondering more info -
Its not going to solve any problems that exists in the transmission.

The history of this mix is described in the original post;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipse3GT View Post
From RRE's Website
"Who the heck is Scot Gray and what is his mix? Well Scot is some famous internet personality/ tuner/ DSM guru guy and he had this special mix of 2 quarts of Redline MTL gear oil along with one quart of BG Syncroshift. He told one guy, they told another... someone told the internet and now people always ask for the "Scot Gray Mix" So we sell it. Some trannys just shift better. BG and Redline MTL are very similar. Basically a thinner gear oil with all the right combination of slippery and grippy qualities to make your transmission both shift well and last a long time. "

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NAPALM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/08/2008, 09:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Turbo/Haltech V6

Vehicle: 00 Eclipse GT-T
Chato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regular
Bringing this thread back from the dead! Hey Kris, are you currently using Redline MTL 70W-80 or 75W-90? Do you know if there is any improvement when using BG syncroshift 2 part #792 instead of using BG Syncroshift.

Last edited by Chato; 08/09/2008 at 11:26 AM.
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/09/2008, 06:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Vehicle: 11 Impreza Outback Sport
shcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
Bringing this thread back from the dead! Hey Kris, are you currently using Redline MTL 70W-80 or 75W-90? Do you know if there is any improvement when using BG syncroshift 2 part #792 instead of using BG Syncroshift.
I would like to know also because I am badly due for a change!

I just read that is was the 75w90

Last edited by shcernsise; 08/09/2008 at 06:32 PM.
shcernsise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/09/2008, 07:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Turbo/Haltech V6

Chato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regularChato should be considered a regular
MT-90 or 75W-90NS?
Old 08/10/2008, 10:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

shcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regularshcernsise should be considered a regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
MT-90 or 75W-90NS?

I just contacted RRE. I will update this when I find out.

Last edited by shcernsise; 08/10/2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08/11/2008, 11:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Turbo/Haltech V6

Well, I found out that the local Subaru dealership has BG syncroshift in stock for $19.95. So I'll be getting that and 2 quarts of Red line MT-90 from a local performance shop too. I'm 99% sure it is MT-90 instead of 75W-90NS. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 08/12/2008, 09:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ah yes...

There is a new BG synchroshift that is all "syn". I haven't tested the new one out yet. I still have two bottles of the old version. I'm using the regular redline 75-90 in the Scion and 75w-80 in the Eclipse. I have to say that I prefer the 75w-80 over the 90. But it is really hard to come by and generally there is very little difference in performance. Eitherway, it takes about 1000 miles to get the full effect of this mix. Straight of the bat there is a difference, but its not super significant. Later on you will see how much smoother everything works.
Old 08/12/2008, 04:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Pissed

Vehicle: '08 350Z Touring
zakmartin has a few friends herezakmartin has a few friends herezakmartin has a few friends herezakmartin has a few friends herezakmartin has a few friends herezakmartin has a few friends herezakmartin has a few friends herezakmartin has a few friends herezakmartin has a few friends here
Quote:
There is a new BG synchroshift that is all "syn". I haven't tested the new one out yet. I still have two bottles of the old version. I'm using the regular redline 75-90 in the Scion and 75w-80 in the Eclipse. I have to say that I prefer the 75w-80 over the 90. But it is really hard to come by and generally there is very little difference in performance. Eitherway, it takes about 1000 miles to get the full effect of this mix. Straight of the bat there is a difference, but its not super significant. Later on you will see how much smoother everything works.
Wow... I know this discussion has gone around for many years, but in all honesty, I never noticed a LOT of improvement using the Scot Grey mix. Yes, it was better than OEM, but not by much. I have, however, noticed MUCH better results using Amsoil MTF. I don't sell the stuff, and in all honesty, I never even knew about it until recently. I was, however, VERY satisfied with the improved shifts, especially into reverse and 2nd gears. It costs less than the Scot Grey mix and it's from a company that's been around for a long time. I've been using their synthetic motor oil and oil filters for many, many years and never had a problem with them.

Having used OEM, Scot Grey and Amsoil, I'd say it's Amsoil, hands-down.
zakmartin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/12/2008, 04:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

This is what I got from RRE when I sent them the message.

It is two Redline MTL and one BG. Just ask for it by name (Scot Gray Mix) $29 for the three quarts.
Old 08/12/2008, 09:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Turbo/Haltech V6

Thanks for the info guys!
Old 08/29/2008, 04:08 PM   #18 (permalink)

Just got it from RRE. It is 1 qt bg syncro shift and 2 quarts redline MTL 70w80 just like the picture shows above!!!!!! It was 29 dollars plus 14 for shipping. Im not sure if shipping is a flat rate or not. Your shipping charge could be more or less.

Im going to change mine soon.

Last edited by shcernsise; 08/29/2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08/29/2008, 05:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
(b)org banugee

Vehicle: 2008 Mazdaspeed 3
citm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to citm2000
Quote:
There is a new BG synchroshift that is all "syn". I haven't tested the new one out yet.
I have! I put a thread in the product review forum. Initially I was disappointed, but after 1000 miles it was great. I'm not sure I really understand why it took so long, but it did get better with time. I just put in three quarts of it straight up. The hot rattle I used to sometimes get is gone and it definitely shifts smoother.

citm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/30/2008, 08:34 PM   #20 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 GS-T, 01 RS-T, 00 GS
ace79603 has a few friends hereace79603 has a few friends hereace79603 has a few friends hereace79603 has a few friends hereace79603 has a few friends hereace79603 has a few friends hereace79603 has a few friends hereace79603 has a few friends here
Send a message via AIM to ace79603 Send a message via MSN to ace79603 Send a message via Yahoo to ace79603
I agree I've used Royal Purple before but this is the Best.aaaa

My Turbo Progress Thread

ace79603 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/08/2008, 08:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ripped Evo

Vehicle: Electric Blue Evo 9
Kc2Buk : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Kc2Buk
Whats up Chris?
For the Evo I ordered 3 quarts of Amsoil API GL-4 75W-90 weight as Mitsu recommends for there Manual transmission fluid and 2 quarts of AMSOIL 75W-90 Severe gear API
GL-5 for the transfer case & rear end, both synthetic of course.

Well, after running it for the past year I find it to be just as good if not better.

You may wanna check it out.
John,

FP-Red Turbo is the way too go!!!
Kc2Buk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/05/2009, 05:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Appalachian State

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
SlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends here
Bringing this thread back.

But anyways, it seems everyone is ordering this mix from RRE directly. Is it possible to get the ingredients from different shops to avoid the waiting time and shipping costs?

ASU 34 Michigan 32
SlamminGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/06/2009, 02:31 AM   #23 (permalink)

WanderingPinoy seems to be okayWanderingPinoy seems to be okayWanderingPinoy seems to be okayWanderingPinoy seems to be okayWanderingPinoy seems to be okayWanderingPinoy seems to be okayWanderingPinoy seems to be okay
I haven't been able to find the BG Synchroshift locally, but one small shop near me carries all the RedLine fluids, so I've been running just Redline MT-90 and shifting has been nice and smooth.
WanderingPinoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/06/2009, 05:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
Appalachian State

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
SlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends hereSlamminGT has a few friends here
Alright cool that is nice to know, I might have to give that a try.

ASU 34 Michigan 32
SlamminGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/07/2009, 01:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
Turbo/Haltech V6

Your local Subaru dealership should have some BG syncroshift in stock.
Old 03/10/2009, 02:47 AM   #26 (permalink)
Moved On

Vehicle: Better Than a 3g
quick92rs has a few friends herequick92rs has a few friends herequick92rs has a few friends herequick92rs has a few friends herequick92rs has a few friends herequick92rs has a few friends herequick92rs has a few friends herequick92rs has a few friends here
Send a message via AIM to quick92rs
Summit Racing carries everything. I was just up there today. I forgot to check prices though.
quick92rs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/10/2009, 08:54 AM   #27 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 GTS 3.6L 6g74
GSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okay
The Dodge dealer also sells BG syncro shift and syncro shift II. I think it goes in Neons. That is where I got mine.
GSXROFDFW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/07/2010, 09:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
P90X Addict

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse GS
pumafreaks : who are you?
Send a message via MSN to pumafreaks
I can't seem to find the address for this famous "Scott Gray Mix", can someone give me the link to the website to purchase it please?
pumafreaks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/07/2010, 10:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Turbo/Haltech V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumafreaks View Post
I can't seem to find the address for this famous "Scott Gray Mix", can someone give me the link to the website to purchase it please?
Road///Race Engineering Mitsubishi Eclipse Parts and Performance
Old 04/08/2010, 08:18 AM   #30 (permalink)
Resident Asshole

Vehicle: 2g stratus 2g eclipse
PharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to PharmEcis
Redline lightweight shockproof. Superior in every way to the infamous scott gray mix. Race proven, UCS Performance approved.

2007 NASA TTR National Champions!
2008 Redline Time Attack Summit Point Unlimited FWD 3rd Place!

FIRST PNP AEM EMS! FIRST 3.8L 6G75 MIVEC SWAP IN THE WORLD!

I sell custom turbo kits for the 3G.

I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter. Im just saying...
PharmEcis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/08/2010, 05:53 PM   #31 (permalink)

Vehicle: 04 Lexus IS300
tauzins : who are you?tauzins : who are you?tauzins : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to tauzins Send a message via MSN to tauzins Send a message via Yahoo to tauzins Send a message via Skype™ to tauzins
^ whao what?

tauzins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/09/2010, 12:21 PM   #32 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Vehicle: 01 Gt
Black_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by tauzins View Post
^ whao what?
Red Line Synthetic Oil 58404 - Red Line LightWeight ShockProof Gear Oil - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhaust gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway.
Quote:
Money can buy you a race car, but money can't buy you the skill to race it.
Black_out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/11/2010, 08:13 PM   #33 (permalink)
RIP Silverside

Vehicle: 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium
dlm04RT : who are you?dlm04RT : who are you?
Greg's advise means a lot to me . . . he has a good bit of experience. However, I noticed that the product description mentions that it's not recommended for most synchro-type transmissions. What's up with that?
dlm04RT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/12/2010, 08:04 AM   #34 (permalink)
Resident Asshole

Vehicle: 2g stratus 2g eclipse
PharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to PharmEcis
What I can tell you is that we've run Redline in cars making over 500whp in DD's and track whores and it's great stuff. It's what's in my transmission. Also what I put in Charles, ask him how it shifted.

2007 NASA TTR National Champions!
2008 Redline Time Attack Summit Point Unlimited FWD 3rd Place!

FIRST PNP AEM EMS! FIRST 3.8L 6G75 MIVEC SWAP IN THE WORLD!

I sell custom turbo kits for the 3G.

I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter. Im just saying...
PharmEcis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/12/2010, 08:13 AM   #35 (permalink)
RIP Silverside

Vehicle: 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium
dlm04RT : who are you?dlm04RT : who are you?
I know that you know your stuff and I value your advice. It just threw me for a loop when I read that in the description.
dlm04RT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/12/2010, 09:23 AM   #36 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: '03 6G75T, '98GSX, EVO IX
finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via Yahoo to finesse49ers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
What I can tell you is that we've run Redline in cars making over 500whp in DD's and track whores and it's great stuff. It's what's in my transmission. Also what I put in Charles, ask him how it shifted.
That bish shifted great!! I even mentioned that in the build thread when I first picked up the car with the new motor in it. That was the first thing I noticed. It made a very noticeable improvement.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:
Whens the car going to be finished with the turbo and everything on it

Quote:
Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it... ;)
finesse49ers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/23/2010, 12:38 AM   #37 (permalink)
P90X Addict

I know this thread is old but I read somewhere in the forums that when you replace transmission oil, that it you can spray a can brake cleaner into the filler hole to loosen up all the gunk inside. Is this better than flushing the tranny with gear oil?
Old 04/23/2010, 08:24 PM   #38 (permalink)
My Opinion Matters!

Vehicle: 00 Eclipse-Sold, 97 Tahoe
Gvieweclipse : who are you?Gvieweclipse : who are you?Gvieweclipse : who are you?Gvieweclipse : who are you?
I just changed to the red line shock proof oil... Ill let ya know how it goes but on the first drive it already seems to have made a difference.
Gvieweclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/23/2010, 09:21 PM   #39 (permalink)

Vehicle: 00 GT-PP 5spd
EmeraldGT2000 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to EmeraldGT2000
Does anyone know what's so different between Synchroshift 1&2? I couldn't find anything on BG's site at all.
EmeraldGT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/24/2010, 08:46 PM   #40 (permalink)
P90X Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldGT2000 View Post
Does anyone know what's so different between Synchroshift 1&2? I couldn't find anything on BG's site at all.
I've read from some other members that the SS II is synthetic gear oil.
Old 06/15/2010, 10:58 AM   #41 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03' GTS
jtur150 : who are you?
did the scott gray mix like 1,000 miles ago. i love it especially with some energy suspension shifter bushings. its the best combo
jtur150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/12/2010, 04:48 AM   #42 (permalink)

Whitegalant : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
Redline lightweight shockproof. Superior in every way to the infamous scott gray mix. Race proven, UCS Performance approved.
Tried it, not too impressed. Shifts werent as smooth as they were with straight mt-90
Whitegalant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/19/2012, 01:09 PM   #43 (permalink)
Jedi Ninja

Vehicle: 2013 Hyundai Velobster
Rock_Box seems to be okayRock_Box seems to be okayRock_Box seems to be okayRock_Box seems to be okayRock_Box seems to be okayRock_Box seems to be okay

Wondering if the Redline Lightweight Shockproof is still recommended. Planning on changing the trans-fluid in my GS over this weekend or next.
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Eclipse Performance

Tags
scot gray mix, transmission oil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in