Tactrix 2.0 Standalone data logging (logcfg file) - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Engine Management Tuning

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02/01/2013, 11:24 PM  
BHM - Owner

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GT MIVEC
SPD_FRK : who are you?SPD_FRK : who are you?SPD_FRK : who are you?SPD_FRK : who are you?SPD_FRK : who are you?
Tactrix 2.0 Standalone data logging (logcfg file)

Not sure if others have used this feature yet, or even aware of it but I am sharing the information.

No more laptop required in the car and hooking up the cable to data log with this. The Tactrix 2.0 cable has a mini SD card slot in it that allows you to simply plug the OBD portion of the cable directly into the OBD port on the vehicle, without having the cable plugged in to it.

Requirements
You need a "logcfg" file in the root directy of the SDcard (no special folder, just put the file on the card). People have found that the larger capacity SDcards may not work or cause problems, most suggest a 2gb card, I am using a 4gb and have no issues.

Wideband Logging
Logging the wideband is an issue right now that needs to be sorted out for those using anything besides an Innovative unit. There are a couple options/method for logging the AEM that I will be checking with to find a working method. Below is the currently found coding to place into the logcfg file in order to log your AEM wideband. Instead of using a Serial to USB adapter like you would to log to the computer, you are simply using a Serial to 2.5mm Stereo Jack cable as pictured;

Code:
;----------------aem----------------
 ; the "ascii" channel type can listen on any protocol for incoming numeric text
 ; the default protocolid is 9, which corresponds to the 3/32" jack receive-only serial port
 ; the default baud rate and setting are 9600,N,8,1. all of these can be changed for other scenarios

; the ascii channel considers anything other than the characters {'0'-'9','+','-','.','E','e'} to be a 
; delimiter between different numbers. furthermore, the carriage return and line feed characters are 
; considered to mark the beginning of a new row of data. you can sample data from a particular column of
 ; numbers by choosing a paramid starting at 1 which indicates the column number

; in the case of the AEM UEGO, there is simply one column of data, and it is already scaled appropriately

type=ascii
 paramname = AFR
 paramid = 1

Trigger Logging
There are a variety of ways to start/end the data logging cycle. You can have no trigger defined within the logcfg file which will enable the logging to begin once the vehicle is turned on, and ends once the vehicle is shut off. If you want to log pulls, setup TPS based or even RPM based triggers as shown in the example;

Quote:
conditionrpn = TPS,80,>
action = start
conditionrpn = TPS,80,<
action = stop

conditionrpn = RPM,2800,>
action = start
conditionrpn = RPM,7000,<
action = stop

Opening Log File in EvoScan 2.9
I am not sure if this is an isolated issue with something on my end or what. I read through the Standalone logging threads on Evo forums and found similar issues/requirements for this to work with EvoScan 2.8, no mention of 2.9 though. The log file for some reason won't open in EvoScan unless I open the file in Excel and edit the headings , "sample" & "time", to read "LogID" & "LogEntrySeconds." Once I did that I was able to pull up the log files with no issue. Once I get this confirmed or sorted out I will update this.

Current logcfg file I am using

Code:
; sample logging configuration file for openport 2.0
; must be named logcfg.txt and be placed in the root directory of the
; microSD card inserted in the openport in order to work

; this sample logs using the MUT-II protocol over the K-line, which works
; for many mitsubishis, including the EVO 8 and 9

;----------------mut2----------------
type=mut2				

paramname=TPS
paramid=0x17
scalingrpn=x,0.39215686,* 

conditionrpn = TPS,80,>
action = start
;
conditionrpn = TPS,80,<
action = stop

paramname=RPM
paramid=0x21
scalingrpn=x,31.25,*

paramname=TimingAdv
paramid=0x06
scalingrpn=x,20,-

paramname=Speed
paramid=0x2F
scalingrpn=x,1.242742384,*

paramname=KnockSum
paramid=0x26

paramname=AirFlow 
paramid=0x1A
scalingrpn=6.25*x

paramname=AFRMAP
paramid=0x32
scalingrpn=14.7,128,/,x,*

paramname=IPW
paramid=0x29
scalingrpn=x,0.256,*
isvisible = 0

paramname=InjPulseWidth
paramid=0x29
scalingrpn=x,0.256,*

paramname=InjDuty%
paramid=0x21
scalingrpn=[InjPulswWidth],*,31.25,*,x,/,1200

paramname=FuelTrim_Low
paramid=0x0C
scalingrpn=x,0.1953125,*,25,-
priority=2

paramname=FuelTrim_Middle
paramid=0x0D
priority=2

paramname=FuelTrim_High
paramid=0x0E
priority=2

paramname=O2Sensor
paramid=0x13
scalingrpn=0.01952,x,*

paramname=O2SeRear2
paramid=0x3C
scalingrpn=0.01952,x,*

paramname=Battery
paramid=0x14
scalingrpn=x,0.0733,*

paramname=ISCSteps
paramid=0x16

paramname=EGRTemp
paramid=0x12
scalingrpn=x,-2.7,*,597.7,+

;paramname=FuelTrim_InUse
;paramid=0x50
;scalingrpn=x,0.1953125,*,25,-
;sampgroup=1

;paramname=CoolantTemp
;paramid=0x07
;priority=2

;-------------calculated parameter---------------
;
; you can derive calculated parameters from other parameters
; using RPN expressions
;

type = calc				
paramname = IDC
scalingrpn = IPW,RPM,*,1200,/

;-------------triggers---------------
;
; note that parameters must be previously defined 
; before defining triggers using them
;
; triggers allow you to control when logging starts and stops
; this example sets up triggers such that logging only occurs
; when the engine is running (RPM > 0)
;
; triggers consist of a condition (a RPN expression using comparison operators)
; and an action. the RPN comparison operators match those in the C language:
;
; > < >= <= == != && ||
;
; if the condition evaluates to a non-zero value, that action is taken
;
; at present the following actions are available:
;
; start - starts logging to a file (if not already doing so)
; stop - stops logging to a file
; newfile - starts a new file (only if already logging to a file)
;
; IMPORTANT - if you have no triggers defined, logging will start automatically.
; if you have *any* triggers defined, logging will not start until a start action
; occurs

;conditionrpn = RPM,0,>	
;action = start

;conditionrpn = RPM,0,==
;action = stop
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcfg.txt (3.0 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by SPD_FRK; 02/02/2013 at 02:53 PM.
SPD_FRK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02/02/2013, 12:24 AM  
6G75 Turbo 3G

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT-75
Fenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okayFenix22 seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to Fenix22
This is excellent information to know. I was completely unaware of the datalog capability of the USB 2.0 Tactrix Cable. Thanks for sharing this with us.

I have a UEGO AEM Wideband & Gauge. Would be absolutely awesome to be able to record it using this method.

My laptop has crapped out on me and I haven't been able to datalog without using my buddies laptop so this method of datalogging would help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT - 6G75 POWERED 3G
1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - 4G63 TURBO AWD POWA
Fenix22 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02/02/2013, 12:37 AM  
BHM - Owner

SPD_FRK : who are you?SPD_FRK : who are you?SPD_FRK : who are you?SPD_FRK : who are you?SPD_FRK : who are you?
Heading to Radio Shack tomorrow to pick up a 2.5mm stereo jack to wire in. I will update this with results as well as updating the file.

Old 02/02/2013, 03:27 AM  
4g64-T Powa!!!

Vehicle: 01 Mitsu Galant
Ivory8g : who are you?Ivory8g : who are you?Ivory8g : who are you?Ivory8g : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Ivory8g
Tactrix 2.0 Standalone data logging (logcfg file)

Or you can just wire the wideband output into the oem rear o2 input wire and just log your rear o2 in evoscan as well as the standalone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

The "Tumbler" Is Here
Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Garrett 60-1 | 16 Psi | Weighing 2xxxlbs
???whp/???wtq [Current]
Ivory8g is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02/02/2013, 08:51 AM  
BHM - Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
Or you can just wire the wideband output into the oem rear o2 input wire and just log your rear o2 in evoscan as well as the standalone.
That method will work for the 4cyl folks, and Fed Spec V6 guys. The Cali Spec V6 though has 2 rear O2 sensors and last I was told the rear O2 patch/disable was not working or implemeneted yet for us to be able to log.

Tactrix does state this though which is what I will be worrking with today to sort out.;
Quote:
ĽAble to apply GND or 5V-25V to OBD pins 1,3,9,11,12,13 or AUX 2.5mm stereo connector
Old 02/02/2013, 10:36 AM  

Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
Interesting, but why would anyone do this? If you're tuning the car you need the laptop hooked up anyway. Who datalogs without tuning..?
Silvertune is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02/02/2013, 11:11 AM  
BHM - Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
Interesting, but why would anyone do this? If you're tuning the car you need the laptop hooked up anyway. Who datalogs without tuning..?
Some of us data log our cars daily and not just while tuning...its part of why we have some much data to sift through and is how you can establish some of the best tuning work.

People who track their cars, people who use the EvoScan dyno or Virtual dyno to log data as well...no need for the laptop.
Old 02/02/2013, 02:56 PM  
BHM - Owner

Updated original post with UEGO logging info and will have testing results later today hopefully
Old 02/02/2013, 03:56 PM  
4g64-T Powa!!!

Vehicle: 01 Mitsu Galant
Ivory8g : who are you?Ivory8g : who are you?Ivory8g : who are you?Ivory8g : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Ivory8g
Also with the standalone tactrix logging you can set only what you need for virtual dyno to graph the run and it is a MUCH smoother log than evoscan will plot because of the speed difference. This in turn increases the resolution of your tuning. I.E. If I see any nook or cranny I know its not because of logging speed.

The "Tumbler" Is Here
Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Garrett 60-1 | 16 Psi | Weighing 2xxxlbs
???whp/???wtq [Current]
Ivory8g is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02/02/2013, 07:20 PM  
I hate stance

Vehicle: V-ROD, R6, GST
XwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to XwP1ayawX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
I feel the same. Then again, as long as I'm not knocking and getting decent fuel economy... I'm happy
XwP1ayawX is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03/25/2015, 09:59 PM  

charlescrown : who are you?
I know this is an old blog but I am trying to get my LM2 to stadalone log with my Tactrix OP2.
This command will not log anything
type=ascii
paramname = AFR
paramid = 1

I have checked the cable from the logger and its putting out a nice figure around 3 volts fluctuating up and down but the Tactrix will not log with this command.
Any help will be greatly apprectated
charlescrown is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Engine Management Tuning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in