Connection issues with ECUFlash & Win10 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Engine Management Tuning

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02/25/2017, 01:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GTS
Kyzaon : who are you?
Connection issues with ECUFlash & Win10

I'm having an issue getting my ECUFlash to read my ecu, I plug everything in and I've read that it needs to be on a com port but when I go to my device manager the tactrix cable shows up seprately from my ports (in fact I don't have a listing for ports at all) and there for can't get ECUFlash to read anything on my car. I have the 2.0 cable and I've put a sdcard in the OBDII conecctor with a logcfg.txt file and it wasn't logging to hat either, from what I read here in the forums it should just log when it starts up since I have absolutely no parameters set. I hope to get this resolved soon so I can start at the very least data logging so I can learn more about my engine before I try to tune it.

I appreciate any help provided to me

Last edited by Kyzaon; 02/25/2017 at 08:55 PM.
Kyzaon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02/28/2017, 09:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

I had originally thought that the standalone data logging was just kind of plug n play, I was wrong. I needed to actually set parameters within my logcfg.txt file which I got off of openecu.org, that helped a a lot. I'm still looking into trying to get my Win 10 laptop to connect to my ECU. I'm thinking that I may need to use something with Win 8, as I don't remember seeing Windows 10 being supporting when I downloaded ECUFlash.

Is there anyone here who uses ECUFlash on Windows 10? Have you had any issues or does it read/connect?
Old 02/28/2017, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GTX
Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
Windows 10 is very incompatible. Most old shitty windows 8 laptops work great with ecuflash however. The software language is very old (the ecu language is ancient history), chances are windows 10 will never support it.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02/28/2017, 10:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the heads up. I was coming to the conclusion that I needed an older version to do anything with it. I just tonight did my first data logging so I could at least see what needed to be done and I have ungodly amounts of knock so I'm going to be looking into a win8 or win7 laptop this week.
Old 03/01/2017, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi

Vehicle: 2003 GTS 5sp.
repforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regular
I haven't had any issues with Windows 10 and my 1.3 Tactrix cable. Haven't tried my 2.0 though.
repforenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/01/2017, 02:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have the 2.0 and as you can see from my picture in my opening post that it doesn't read correctly, I've tried ECUFlash and mitsuscan and neither will register anything from the car. I'm getting a product key from my dad for Windows 7 later today so I can put that over my Windows 10 lol.
Old 03/01/2017, 04:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GTX
Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
The 1.3 is just a cable. The 2.0 is not.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/01/2017, 07:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Anyone know if it'll work in a virtual machine of Windows? I would assume as long as there's USB pass through setup it should work, but VM's are picky beasts at times and stacking stuff up can cause problems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/25/2017, 05:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

1gcrazy : who are you?
I've gotten lots of stuff to work on VM's. You could also try compatibility mode.
1gcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/20/2017, 11:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GS-T
01GtCRazyKid : who are you?01GtCRazyKid : who are you?01GtCRazyKid : who are you?
I know im reviving a thread, however i use my 1.3 and 2.0 with windows 10 (64bit). I had to change ecuflash to open in compatibility mode with windows 8 and it has worked perfectly ever since. not sure if you have tried since it was not stated.
01GtCRazyKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/12/2017, 05:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

Little bit of an update on this thread that I started, I don't exactly think it's my computer. I have since bought EvoScan and I'm able to read from that, but still haven't been able to get my rom off my ECU, I've been debating going to the junk yard and pulling one to see what I can do about trying to just read something off another, not running it.

After writing my little thought, I saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GtCRazyKid View Post
I know im reviving a thread, however i use my 1.3 and 2.0 with windows 10 (64bit). I had to change ecuflash to open in compatibility mode with windows 8 and it has worked perfectly ever since. not sure if you have tried since it was not stated.
I haven't tried that, I will try that after work and post my results. Thanks for the tip.
Old 06/13/2017, 10:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

I went to run it in compatibility mode when I realized that I had installed Windows 7 a couple months ago (I don't use the laptop much) and remembered that it didn't help anything at all, I think I will grab another ECU from the junk yard to see if it's my computer or my current ECU.
Old 11/28/2017, 02:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
BMW / Benz Tech

Vehicle: 01 GT Tampa Blue
detter21 : who are you?detter21 : who are you?detter21 : who are you?
Any update?
detter21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/10/2017, 06:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GT 5spd
blacktop : who are you?
updates as to whether evoscan or ecuflash are now compatible with win10?
blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/28/2019, 10:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

Update

After so long I had given up on trying to read my ECU, then my car kind of broke down so I hadn't thought about it.

After much time I finally sat down again and went over everything I needed to read my ECU, and it turns out that when I bought my OP2.0 I was too excited to get the Mitsu reflash adapter.......

That's all I needed, just the reflash adapter, after getting it in the mail today from EvoScan everything works as it should.

Thanks for all the help everyone

For anyone wondering, ECUFlash works with Win10 just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Engine Management Tuning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in