2001 eclipse gt vs 1996 mustang gt - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Driving & Driving Tech Forums > General Racing Discussion

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01/19/2014, 03:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

tdurler : who are you?
2001 eclipse gt vs 1996 mustang gt

Ok I have a 01 eclipse 3.0 v6 24v auto w/slap shift and the previous owner put 3 grand into the exhaust (not sure what exhaust is on it) and my buddy has a completely stock 1996 mustang 4.6 v8 manual, I know I'm the better driver by a long shot and all he does is talk crap an that he wants to race me, wondering who would win?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
tdurler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/19/2014, 04:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 MITSUBISHI GTS
RIC_DA_RULA_1 sucksRIC_DA_RULA_1 sucks
Send a message via Yahoo to RIC_DA_RULA_1
🙈🙉🙈.... Not u my friend unless his engine blew up😝

RIC_DA_RULA_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/19/2014, 07:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GTX
Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
You'd get annihilated. The auto is a high 15 low 16 second car.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01/19/2014, 07:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.
my car is a general turd in third gear... that v8 will kick your ass. and please post pix of this exhaust system that is worth as much as your car......
tHEpRINCE-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/19/2014, 08:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
3K into an exhaust .

Take it to the nearest legal drag strip and post a pic of both of your times.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/19/2014, 09:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Foolish-Pleasure

Vehicle: 2000 eclipse gt
FoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFO
Your car has around 160-175 whp those gt have around 260whp. My neighbor has a 96gt just minor mods and has 270whp. He claims

FoolishMindz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/19/2014, 09:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
G$

Vehicle: '01 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ
wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.wetamup2k3g is God.
There's only one way to know for sure who would win, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

Old 01/19/2014, 10:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
My Snail's Bigger =P

Vehicle: 03 GS-T/98 Expedition(EB)
03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
3K into an exhaust .

My Quicksilver 3G:

Sponsored by: Mishimoto
03Quicksilver3G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/19/2014, 11:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse LeMons Racer
nitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishMindz View Post
Your car has around 160-175 whp those gt have around 260whp. My neighbor has a 96gt just minor mods and has 270whp. He claims

Not to discount the annihilation that would occur, but '96 GTs weren't that fast. If it was an auto instead of stick Mustang and a manual 3G instead of the sporty it might even be pretty close if the Mustang was stock. '96s only made 215 hp and 285 lb-ft of torque ('98s got bumped to 225 and 290), and they weigh 3278lbs for the manual and 3367 pounds for the autos. A 3G Coupe is around 3120 manual and 3186 auto.

nitroram33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/19/2014, 11:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Foolish-Pleasure

FoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFO
I always figured that was to much hp. Never really searched for info on rustangs.
One of my friends has a 03 mustang gt and has 260hp crank assuming maybe 245 wheel guessing.

Last edited by FoolishMindz; 01/19/2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01/19/2014, 11:46 AM   #11 (permalink)

nitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends herenitroram33 has a few friends here
Quote:
I always figured that was to much hp. Never really searched for info on rustangs.
One of my friends has a 03 mustang gt and has 260hp crank assuming maybe 245 wheel guessing.
'99-'04 GTs are usually between 220-230 at the wheels when stock.

Old 01/19/2014, 11:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
Foolish-Pleasure

I wasnt to off on my whp guess but point is the mustang will win depending on drivers and assuming both stock?

Old 01/19/2014, 11:49 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I wasnt to off on my whp guess but point is the mustang will win depending on drivers and assuming both stock?

Correct, auto 3Gs are terribly slow unless you pull out the sawzall lol...

Old 01/19/2014, 11:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.
Can you even launch an auto 3G to have wheel spin as an issue?

tHEpRINCE-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/19/2014, 12:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEpRINCE-GT View Post
Can you even launch an auto 3G to have wheel spin as an issue?

Forget to plug the third brake light back on so there isn't any TC and then take about 800 pounds out of it and it'll spin the crap out of them, ask me how I know...

Old 01/19/2014, 07:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse RS
scottycoolguy Really needs to MTFOscottycoolguy Really needs to MTFOscottycoolguy Really needs to MTFOscottycoolguy Really needs to MTFOscottycoolguy Really needs to MTFOscottycoolguy Really needs to MTFOscottycoolguy Really needs to MTFOscottycoolguy Really needs to MTFOscottycoolguy Really needs to MTFOscottycoolguy Really needs to MTFOscottycoolguy Really needs to MTFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroram33 View Post
Forget to plug the third brake light back on so there isn't any TC and then take about 800 pounds out of it and it'll spin the crap out of them, ask me how I know...
What does the third brake light have anything to do with tc? haha😎

scottycoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/19/2014, 08:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottycoolguy View Post
What does the third brake light have anything to do with tc? haha😎

The traction control and ABS freak out if the 3rd brake light bulb is blown or disconnected.

Old 01/19/2014, 09:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
You've got some weird ass wiring then. Mine was full on deleted and I never experienced issues what so ever.
Old 01/19/2014, 09:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

It was mentioned in some older threads as well, so it's not just me. Seems to be a Spyder Sporty GT deal...

Old 01/19/2014, 10:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

It'd have to be specific. Deleted third brake lights is common and I've never seen it. Never worked on a v6 spyder where it was deleted though.
Old 01/20/2014, 06:58 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
It'd have to be specific. Deleted third brake lights is common and I've never seen it. Never worked on a v6 spyder where it was deleted though.
Here's the post I was referring to:

01 eclipse gt. tcl and antilock

Worked for that guy when finesse suggested it and sure enough when I plugged my harness back up it started working for me again. Don't think it's a coincidence.

A couple other threads where it's been mentioned on non-Spyder GTs:
ABS light???
about to pull the lights...

Edit: Seems to be that since the ABS and TCL are on the same fuse that the 3rd brake light and the way that everything is wired together messes with things. I know for a fact that with the 3rd brake light harness unplugged on my car (I have to unplug it to take the trunk off and occasionally forget to plug it back up), that the TCL and ABS lights will come on and neither of them will work. If I plug the harness back up then the lights go away and both TCL and ABS work again.

Also, sorry for the thread jack.

Last edited by nitroram33; 01/20/2014 at 07:02 AM.
Old 01/20/2014, 10:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
Back from Deployment

Vehicle: '03 GTS Spyder 6G75
TurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by all
Those mustangs are slow as dog shit so it might actually be close to even. Won't say how I know...
TurtleTamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/20/2014, 11:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
Fuck salt.

Vehicle: 2005 S2000 JDM Y0
JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via AIM to JermTheElf Send a message via Skype™ to JermTheElf
@ $3,000 exhaust

You can enjoy your straightaways; I prefer the turns.
JermTheElf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/20/2014, 11:28 AM   #24 (permalink)
Foolish-Pleasure

I think we are all waiting to see that 3,000$ exhaust

Old 01/20/2014, 11:32 AM   #25 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Brand new Hytech's + ceramic coating = $1400 + $200
Hushpower II resonator, 18" version = $150
Invidia N1 cat back with 101mm burnt tip = $700
Shop install: O2/wideband bungs, EGT bung, EGR bung, welding in resonator and general install: $500?

Total: $2950

Somehow I don't imagine that's what's on the car though.
Old 01/20/2014, 10:05 PM   #26 (permalink)

tdurler : who are you?
Ok sorry I had Misread some paperwork, there was 2 grand put in the transmission and 1000 put in the exhaust because there was some problems with the stock one. I'm gunna post the exhaust sometime tomorrow

tdurler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/21/2014, 05:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
V8 > 3G

Vehicle: racecar
skinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to skinnyGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTamer View Post
Those mustangs are slow as dog shit so it might actually be close to even. Won't say how I know...
X2

They're turds. Then again, so are 3Gs.
skinnyGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/13/2014, 01:23 PM   #28 (permalink)
FIX MY REP BRAH

Tournaments Won: 1

Vehicle: gomers 50yr mom
metalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFO
Send a message via Skype™ to metalranger33
so who won/ yolo
3. Argue with Sam
metalranger33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/13/2014, 02:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
Foolish-Pleasure

Im guessing the Mustang since he never wrote back
Old 05/13/2014, 03:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
My Snail's Bigger =P

Vehicle: 03 GS-T/98 Expedition(EB)
03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalranger33 View Post
so who won/ yolo

My Quicksilver 3G:

Sponsored by: Mishimoto
03Quicksilver3G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/02/2014, 08:32 PM   #31 (permalink)
I know how to search

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse GT
brownbob06 : who are you?brownbob06 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdurler View Post
Ok sorry I had Misread some paperwork, there was 2 grand put in the transmission and 1000 put in the exhaust because there was some problems with the stock one. I'm gunna post the exhaust sometime tomorrow

Are all of the bench racers in this section of the forum this stupid? First time wandering into here and so far 96 GT Mustangs have corvette like horsepower, 3k exhaust work is par for the course, and Civix EXs are non VTEC...
brownbob06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/02/2014, 08:43 PM   #32 (permalink)
Foolish-Pleasure

^^ yup. this forum will surprise you.
Old 07/02/2014, 08:51 PM   #33 (permalink)

jkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFO
Quote:
^^ yup. this forum will surprise you.

Or piss you off...depending on your frame of mind...
jkeaton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/02/2014, 09:49 PM   #34 (permalink)

Vehicle: 08 S80, 06 M5
lyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okay
I no longer feel bad about having 1500 into my exhaust =p
lyonstl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/02/2014, 09:58 PM   #35 (permalink)
I know how to search

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse GT
brownbob06 : who are you?brownbob06 : who are you?
It's good for comical relief if nothing else. lol
brownbob06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/24/2016, 09:31 PM   #36 (permalink)
05 gts

Leeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by many
dayum i can feel the heat
Leeroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/14/2019, 04:53 AM   #37 (permalink)

marthawilliam : who are you?
Your car has around 160-175 whp those gt have around 260whp.
marthawilliam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/14/2019, 12:41 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthawilliam View Post
Your car has around 160-175 whp those gt have around 260whp.
That's just not true, the 1996 Mustang GT only made 215HP at the crank while 98s got bumped to 225. Torque was 285 at the crank in 96 as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Driving & Driving Tech Forums > General Racing Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in