Shortcut to Size - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > Health, Fitness and Food

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08/01/2012, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zed oh six

Vehicle: 2002 Corvette Z06
Rulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be new
Shortcut to Size

Anyone into this? A buddy of mine has been doing it for a bit and swears by it. I am going to start it in about 2 weeks or so.

Bodybuilding.com - Jim Stoppani's 12-Week Shortcut To Size

You can download the entire 12 week program and nutrition guide here:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs...ize-e-book.pdf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08/02/2012, 08:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!

Vehicle: 2012 Chevy
pp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club exists
looks like the work out ive been looking for. Im going to try it.
pp_e is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/02/2012, 08:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: 00 Gt 04 V 99 Gsxr600
BlackoutGT65 : who are you?BlackoutGT65 : who are you?BlackoutGT65 : who are you?BlackoutGT65 : who are you?
Looks Promising, I'm Gonna Give This A Whirl.
BlackoutGT65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08/06/2012, 08:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Zed oh six

Rulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be newRulez - if you don't know me, you must be new
I just started this today. The workout is pretty intense. I'd like to think that I have a good amount of endurance when it comes to strength training, but these rest-pause sets kicked the shit out of me. It's good stuff.

Following the diet is going to be the toughest thing. I just about vomited after having the first 2 breakfast meals. If you aren't a heavy eater, I would recommend cutting the breakfast portions in half for the first few days until you can ramp up.

I still feel nauseous

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08/06/2012, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!

pp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club exists
i start today as well. you take any measurements? pics? Im not sure how to do all that. but ive kinda just been going thru the motions the last month or so, looking for a better routine. I will take some pics and stuff today.
Old 08/07/2012, 08:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!

I am actually more sore today then usual. I actually had to reduce my weight on several of my work outs. 1-2 sets your all "piece of cake i can do this..." not.
Old 08/07/2012, 05:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ur a worthless noob

Vehicle: '09 Lancer GTS
Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.
Send a message via AIM to Loco
Sounds like what I was doing in high school when I started to lift. Got pretty strong and looked good very quickly so many other guys started to lift and follow me. Only problem was that I pushing myself every day so I would sore almost non-stop
Old 08/07/2012, 10:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Zed oh six

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp_e View Post
i start today as well. you take any measurements? pics? Im not sure how to do all that. but ive kinda just been going thru the motions the last month or so, looking for a better routine. I will take some pics and stuff today.
I took a weight measurement and plan to weigh in every week. I took some pics too, but I'll save them for the end

Old 08/08/2012, 01:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ur a worthless noob

Vehicle: '09 Lancer GTS
Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.Loco is God.
Send a message via AIM to Loco
Bah! Lets see progressive pics/weights
Old 09/17/2012, 08:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!

30 days.... didn't take before pictures. but i feel and look great. i havent followed the plan 100%. but i am doing the gym time and partially following the meal plan. I drink socially on the weekends, so that doesnt help me. But over all, 30 days in im happy. Started phase 2 yesterday. ill post up in 30 days again.

Old 09/17/2012, 09:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!

Just to update on the amount of weight im lifiting. week one i really struggled doing my base weight. I actually had to go down 10-20lbs on every work out in order to get all my reps in. by week 4 i lifted 10-20lbs past my max weight.

since i started phase two yesterday, i can actually say that i lifted my week 2 weight at max reps a lot easier. so im thinking my week 2 weight will go as smooth and once i get to week 4 i will be lifting more weight then ever. looking forward to it.
Old 09/17/2012, 04:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.
Without reading it at all, if that's the guy who invented it, he's pretty small.
ThaCrow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/24/2012, 08:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!

argh.... kissing up on my gf while she was sick is not going to help my program. I have a pretty good cold, think im going to take a few days off from working out.
Old 10/29/2012, 08:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!

i dont mind keeping this alive.

60 days... slacking off, not really staying on track and poor diet. still making progress. im sure i could do more if i stuck to it 100%. I am lifting 10-15% more then my max. I get really worn out during the light weight, max reps. But other than my poor diet and lack of consistency, im happy with the work out. 30 more days and im going to look for something new.

Old 04/04/2014, 09:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!

im pretty much set that i cant get any bigger...

fixed my diet, mix between cross fit and still using this program.

Old 04/15/2014, 10:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Patty Cakes

Vehicle: Evo IX MR
Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.
I've run into the same issue. I'm much stronger than when I started about 6 months ago (based on dumbbell weight increases). I have tone and definition, which are nice, but not at all why I started working out.

I'd like more mass.

I guess it's time for synthetic factors?
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/16/2014, 09:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!

who nose. ive lost weight, but i attribute that to the cross fit and eating healthier. 184 down to 173. my muscles have more definition and are definitely "larger"... but this is what i do.

1. eat a looooot healthier, 1 protien shake per day, reduce junk food. (still cant eliminate )
2. 1 scoop creatine and 1 scoop pre work out
3. specific muscle groups 3 days a week
4. long run on Saturdays.

im down 10 lbs and up in weights. im guessing im losing all the extra body fat, and toning up all my muscles. going to keep throwing weights around and increasing proteins and healthy food to see if i can gain a little more weight.
Old 04/17/2014, 08:26 AM   #18 (permalink)

Vehicle: '03 GTS
tuffguyF4i Really needs to MTFOtuffguyF4i Really needs to MTFOtuffguyF4i Really needs to MTFOtuffguyF4i Really needs to MTFOtuffguyF4i Really needs to MTFOtuffguyF4i Really needs to MTFOtuffguyF4i Really needs to MTFOtuffguyF4i Really needs to MTFOtuffguyF4i Really needs to MTFOtuffguyF4i Really needs to MTFOtuffguyF4i Really needs to MTFO
I prefer a simpler workout program that is based on only 3 different days.

Day 1: Chest and back
Day 2: Shoulders and legs
Day 3: Biceps, triceps and other misc bs like calves, shrugs, abs

Big muscle group every day but day 3. This way, even if you only get 3 days in at the gym you got your whole body done that week.
But, you have to 'bring it' every day. It is very hard doing heavy bench then deadlifts later. That is why i only do 3 sets per exercise and 2 exercises per muscle group.
Old 04/17/2014, 08:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Patty Cakes

Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.
I push hard to keep my workouts within an hour at most, and on this schedule:

Monday: Upper body.
Tuesday: Core and legs.
Wednesday: Rest.
Thursday: Upper body.
Friday: Core and legs.
Saturday: Rest.
Sunday: Rest.

Really want to shift to this, but leg days really take a lot out of me.

Monday: Full body.
Tuesday: Rest.
Wednesday: Full body.
Thursday: Rest.
Friday: Full body.

Another problem with that schedule is that there's no way I'll be able to complete full body workouts within an hour. Although, that "time limit" won't be an issue if I started Testosterone therapy.
Old 04/17/2014, 03:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!

you need to do crossfit. but even then you only do 3-4 movements per day, but it feels like you have worked your entire body.

mon: chest, triceps, abs
tues: bicep, back, legs
wed: off
thurs: shoulders, abs, core
fri: off
sat: run 3-7 miles
Old 04/17/2014, 06:40 PM   #21 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 TJ
Meest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I push hard to keep my workouts within an hour at most, and on this schedule:

Monday: Upper body.
Tuesday: Core and legs.
Wednesday: Rest.
Thursday: Upper body.
Friday: Core and legs.

Really want to shift to this, but leg days really take a lot out of me.

Monday: Full body.
Tuesday: Rest.
Wednesday: Full body.
Thursday: Rest.
Friday: Full body.

Another problem with that schedule is that there's no way I'll be able to complete full body workouts within an hour. Although, that "time limit" won't be an issue if I started Testosterone therapy.
When you say full body workouts, how many exercises are you planning to do for each target area? What rep and set range? If you keep your rest periods limited, I don't really see it being too far fetched to keep it to an hour.

On a side note, did Jim's Shortcut to size a couple years ago myself. At the time I was stalled in my progress. It helped me to jump start my gains again and I put on some decent size because of it. I really am a fan of Jim Stoppani, he does a great job explaining things and I found I was able to take away different components and apply them in my own way. Good stuff

Quote:
Alright I accidentally crashed my 2001 Mitsubishi eclipse into a mountain.
Quote:
There is no equal fail to that of the almighty Luke. :bowdown:
Meest00GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/17/2014, 10:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
Patty Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meest00GT View Post
When you say full body workouts, how many exercises are you planning to do for each target area? What rep and set range? If you keep your rest periods limited, I don't really see it being too far fetched to keep it to an hour.
My full body workouts will be the combination of all sets (and respective reps) of upper body, core, and legs. My upper body workouts, on average, take me an hour. My fastest time to-date is 50 minutes, but that day, I was accustomed to the weights, which I incremented the following "upper body day," and it was back to about an hour to complete. Core and legs, average 45 minutes to complete. And leg days, I'm freaking spent. I don't know exactly why leg days are 11tybillion times more of a pain than upper body.

I do find it quite hilarious that I can feel my ass cheeks (glutes) hurt when I walk.
Old 04/18/2014, 12:23 AM   #23 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 TJ
Meest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
My full body workouts will be the combination of all sets (and respective reps) of upper body, core, and legs.
Given that i don't know what your current upper body, core, or leg workouts entail, I'm guessing they're fairly thorough and well rounded to hit each area decently well. If you insist on doing full body, maybe cut down your exercises per area. So for example, instead of 4, do 2 per day for each. Then rotate exercises each full body workout. Of course I'd try to alternate exercises that were quite different from eachother so that each body part is stressed in a very different way on alternating days.

This is just one approach that could work for you.

An alternate route would be to cut out some of your isolation movements in favor of compound exercises that are more functional like your squats, deadlifts, clean and press, bench press, etc. The heavier compound movements will help to hit everything, without having to do crazy amounts of volume with respect to the number of different exercises.

The first suggestion would be very similar to an older program I used to run years ago. At that time I struggled to gain after a certain point, though I was doing a large amount of cardio as well. At this time, from my own experience, I'd suggest the second approach, assuming you have a decent base strength built up to do the heavier, more stressful compound movements. If you find you have time to do more, then incorporate some isolation movements for any areas you find to be lacking.

One third option to consider if you can only make it three days is:

Upper Body
Rest
Lower Body
Rest
Full Body
Rest
Rest

Just some thoughts. There is no one right way to go about it. Find what fits you, try it out, and adjust as necessary.

Quote:
Alright I accidentally crashed my 2001 Mitsubishi eclipse into a mountain.
Quote:
There is no equal fail to that of the almighty Luke. :bowdown:
Meest00GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/18/2014, 01:20 AM   #24 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Stratus SXT
05Stratus Really needs to MTFO05Stratus Really needs to MTFO05Stratus Really needs to MTFO05Stratus Really needs to MTFO05Stratus Really needs to MTFO05Stratus Really needs to MTFO05Stratus Really needs to MTFO05Stratus Really needs to MTFO05Stratus Really needs to MTFO05Stratus Really needs to MTFO05Stratus Really needs to MTFO
Looking at this thread, it is interesting to see how people schedule workouts. The trend seems to be that most have time constraints, which everyone has more or less, but I find that being able to spend more than an hour a day at the gym is nice. Right now my schedule is:
Monday: back n shoulders (also core)
Tuesday: chest and arms
Wednesday: legs and core
Thursday: back n shoulders + core
Friday: chest and arms
Saturday: legs and core
Sunday: rest.
This can be a nice routine if you can go almost every day but don't have a lot of time each day. Also just on a side note if you're trying to setup a good routine do not have the same exercises on consecutive days. I knew someone that basically did the same stuff every day and then wanted to know why they didn't see results.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
05Stratus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/18/2014, 05:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
FIX MY REP BRAH

Tournaments Won: 1

Vehicle: gomers 50yr mom
metalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFOmetalranger33 Really needs to MTFO
Send a message via Skype™ to metalranger33
What's helped me
On days 3 mile run about 27 mins
Off 30 mins of nonstop cals
Avg 70 burpees
120 squats
200 sit ups and flutter kicks
70-100 mountain climbers

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
3. Argue with Sam
metalranger33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/18/2014, 06:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
*Under Construction*

Vehicle: 2003 GTS 5spd
BioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFO
Im a cpt (certified personal trainer) and thats actually a great split. Hit the correct bodyparts with others and plenty of rest. My split was when i lifted(if any1 cares)
Monday:chest triceps abs
Tuesday:legs shoulders and neck
Wed:rest
Thurs:back biceps abs
Friday:chest legs
Sat+sun:rest
That split for 8 weeks then...
M:Chest shoulders abs
T:legs
W:biceps triceps
T:back and traps and abs
F:cardio
Sat-sun:rest
....im naturally usually pretty cut and skinny so i dont do much cardio but nice to mix it in wvery once and a while. Goodluck everyone with ur workouts!
BioHazarD_6G72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > Health, Fitness and Food

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in