Low Blood Glucose - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > Health, Fitness and Food

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10/06/2014, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse Spyder Gt
MitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by many
Low Blood Glucose

Okay I am 21 years old and 185 lbs. I eat fairly unhealthy but I am in shape. Okay so today as I am going to the gym at school I see a sign that said free medical exams. So I went and got a free medical exam they took my blood glucose and blood cholesterol levels. This was at 2:30pm I had eaten a bowl of cereal in the morning around 12:00 and then at 1:50 I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, gushers, and some ginger bread cookie thing. My cholesterol came back under 100 which they said is good and then my blood glucose came back at 44 which they said was low. They didn't elaborate or anything else about that! Is a blood glucose of 44 that bad or in the long term will it cause problems?
MitsubishiOwn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10/06/2014, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Back from Deployment

Vehicle: '03 GTS Spyder 6G75
TurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by allTurtleTamer seems to be well-liked by all
Your blood sugar was probably low because all you had to eat was carbs. Carbs spike your blood sugar and it comes down just as quick. Protein and fats take longer to turn to glucose and therefore provide a more steady glucose level. The peanut butter was likely not enough to offset the sugars, and probably hadn't absorbed to your bloodstream.

In the long run, a high-carb diet without the need for carbs (extreme physical activity) can cause problems but there are too many other factors to accurately say whether you'd develop diabetes. A more accurate test for your mean blood glucose level over a long period of time would be the hemoglobin A1C. "Normal" depends on the testing group (geographic area averages) but should be 5.5 or so. 6.0 would be high and 6.5 would be pre-diabetic to diabetic depending on your doctor's opinion. I believe the national recognition of a diagnosis would be an A1C of 7.0 or higher. I was given the diagnosis at 6.4 and it was taken away at 5.7.

Normal blood glucose levels should be between 70 and 90 for fasting (or a little lower) and up to about 140 after a meal.
TurtleTamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > Health, Fitness and Food

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in