Hair thinning and regrowth products - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > Health, Fitness and Food

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12/26/2015, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
HMRacing

Vehicle: IS350 AWD,335xi,3G,Solara
ShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to ShineStreet3g
Hair thinning and regrowth products

I'm 35 just recently noticed some hair thinning in the back of my head. My dad's sad of family is bald but my mom's said has full head of hair. Luckily i stll have mine but it's starting to thin in the back. I read up online on the different products Nixon, Rogaine etc. I purchased Nioxin which is suppose to help your hair scalp get healthier and regrow thick hair but i have noticed it's making may hair worse. Anyone else try any of these hair products with luck? I never tried anything but the Nioxin but now im not sure if i want to use it. I read where if you hair sheds using it it is making room to grow new hair but i still don't know if i can trust that.
ShineStreet3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12/26/2015, 11:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Crazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okay
Nioxin thinned my wallet and my hair remained the same. Smelled good. The conditioner was comparable to menthol cigarette.
I've accepted my fate lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crazyguy03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/01/2016, 02:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sal
I violated Sam

Vehicle: 2019 MB E450 Coupe
Sal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Sal
The only 2 products that have been scientifically proven to help regrow hair and prevent further loss are Minoxidil and Finasteride (Propecia). Everything else is anecdotal.
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01/02/2016, 05:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GS Turbo
ward5000 : who are you?
All you need is Tea Tree oil, made by Hollywood beauty. Go to the Ethnic section in Walmart.
ward5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/02/2016, 09:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
08/05/2008

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
Bro'Man is God.Bro'Man is God.Bro'Man is God.Bro'Man is God.Bro'Man is God.Bro'Man is God.Bro'Man is God.Bro'Man is God.Bro'Man is God.Bro'Man is God.Bro'Man is God.
Send a message via AIM to Bro'Man
I started going bald at 18. I could never even bring myself to try something that IF it works, I'm stuck using it forever. Luckily I look good with a shaven head. If ever there is a treatment that is use for a period of time and you're done forever, I may consider that but until then I'll just be comfortable with what I've got.
Bro'Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/04/2016, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
HMRacing

ShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by all
I returned the nioxin bc it was causing me to lose hair worse, i heard that it's suppose to go through a cleaning phase but i don't know. I am cautious. I returned it.
Old 01/04/2016, 04:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Crazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okay
So if someone were to use products like Minoxidil and Finasteride , what's keeping the hair growth limited to the scalp?
If I rinse this stuff off and travels down my back chest arms legs ass etc, will I have major hair growth in those places as well?
Like some looney tune deal

Edit. Just like the pill you can take, makes me nervous about unwanted hair growth. I guess talking to your doctor would answer these concerns but it's the topical stuff you can buy without a prescription makes me wonder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Crazyguy03; 01/04/2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01/04/2016, 07:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.
Crazy guy - As far as I remember, minoxidil worked because it prevented you from building up too much testosterone in the hair follicles, which is why you lose hair on your head. I don't think you have to worry about growing hair elsewhere with minoxidil. In fact, I guarantee you will get hair growing where you don't want it just by getting older. One of those annoying things I hear, where you lose hair on your head but get it everywhere else.

I read somewhere that you hair loss is hereditary on your Mother's side, this being for men of course. So if your Mom is bald that may or not be useful. I would guess check out her brothers, father, etc. My Mom's brother and father had/have the friar tuck thing going really impressively -- my grandfather especially. I don't have it yet, but it's possible that I got my genetics from my grandmother's side, where they have their hair. Or possibly what I heard is just hearsay and hair loss is a combination of a lot of factors. Either way, I still remember the voice of a wise man who once said, "For Men, it doesn't matter what color our hair is, as long as we have it". So you guys and me with white hair just be happy we have something to cover our head and we don't have to do a freakish Donald Trump combover. Honestly, I haven't figured out what that guy does.

Anyway, back on topic, so Crazy guy I wouldn't worry about minoxidil causing unwanted hair.

Bri01Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/04/2016, 07:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

Haha that was best post I've read since joining this site. Thank you!

Old 01/07/2016, 05:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.
Hey no problem, and I hope it helped you. I know you're thinking that minoxidil is something like what they show on sitcoms -- rub it in your scalp and *poof*, you've got a raging fro. But get it on your chest or back and you suddenly have to shave with a weed-whacker. Luckily it doesn't work that way and I suspect even those snake oil style creams etc probably can't grow hair like fertilizer grows crops. What seems to work pretty well are those cool sprays that paint your scalp a matte color similar to your hair that makes it seem like you have more hair. I think that transplants probably work pretty well too, but in general, why bother, just let it go. Like I said, we don't want to be like Trump and try to combover a few hairs to cover half of a scalp, LOL.

Old 01/19/2016, 03:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Your Reality Check

Vehicle: Y2K GT-P
ICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to ICEMAN99TURBO Send a message via Yahoo to ICEMAN99TURBO
I use the Face scrub on my head and as funny as it sounds, I think I have better growth up front from it that anything I ever tried (products above I was told once you stop, the hair falls out.. true or not). One way or another I am going to loose my hair, my dad is bald, Both my Grandfathers were bald, my brother is balding worse than me... So I just keep it almost bald, and grow what I can't on my head, on my face.

..But I also heard that what you eat can help as well, our family has been NutraNinja and I think that is helping produce more hair.
ICEMAN99TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/20/2016, 12:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
HMRacing

When i was young i always heard people say don't wear hats it will make you bald. I also died my hair blonde when i was younger, did a lot of stuff to it that could had done damage. I usedI to have really nice hair it sucks getting old, i have kept it short for years but in hs in the late 90's it was split in the middle the cut most everyone had back then. I read even head an shoulders works b/c it has zinc in it i also heard that ketocanozole works too. If anyone had good luck with any products let us know.
Old 10/30/2017, 02:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

quietwaves21 : who are you?
Drinking biotin vitamins helped regrow my thinning hair.
quietwaves21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/24/2018, 02:44 AM   #14 (permalink)

Apparently I'm now starting to get the Friar Tuck look. I can't feel or see it myself, but my best friend, who's joy in life is schadenfreude, told me he saw it when I was sitting down and he was standing. I haven't tried anything to improve the growth there -- except to try to get my hair cut shorter everywhere, so it doesn't look so obvious.

Ironically, my friend knew the meaning of schadenfreude, which is odd because the only reason I know that word is because it describes him, LOL. And yet he thought I was into it. When I hear bad news I usually commiserate with people and then keep it secret. My friend on the other hand, seems to find glee and tell me about when others are having a hard time, like going through a divorce.

Old 07/11/2019, 03:41 AM   #15 (permalink)

skyhigh04 : who are you?
My hair got thicker since I regularly drink Biotin vitamins.
skyhigh04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/11/2019, 08:44 AM   #16 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2005 330XI
buddd : who are you?buddd : who are you?buddd : who are you?
Lol! I just cut my hair shorter. Luckily I have light hair so it obscured some of the thinning. I use a #2 comb right now and it looks good for a couple weeks. Eventually I'll just use the #1 comb on the clippers and accept my fate. I'm too lazy to keep up with a clean shaven face, I'm sure as hell not going to keep up with it on my entire head.
buddd is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > Health, Fitness and Food

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in