Rules for the Gym... - Page 2 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > Health, Fitness and Food

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06/05/2007, 11:57 AM   #61 (permalink)
One Lucky Fuck

Vehicle: '05 G35C 6MT
Wally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be new
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Using equipment for other things then they were intended (in your example the squat rack). Again, tough shit. If part of their workout entails using that piece of equipment, they have as much right to use it as you do. If someone were using it for squats, you wouldn't bitch about it. You don't own the equipment and have no right to dictate what it's uses should or shouldn't be.

You're kidding, right? What fucking workout routine requires a 115# guy with the collar popped on his pink polo shirt to do curls with nothing but the straight bar in the ONLY SQUAT RACK IN THE GYM? I don't own the equipment, but I do own the right to use it (i.e. membership dues).
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06/09/2007, 09:07 AM   #62 (permalink)
Sal
I violated Sam

Vehicle: 2019 MB E450 Coupe
Sal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club existsSal is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Sal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
You're kidding, right? What fucking workout routine requires a 115# guy with the collar popped on his pink polo shirt to do curls with nothing but the straight bar in the ONLY SQUAT RACK IN THE GYM? I don't own the equipment, but I do own the right to use it (i.e. membership dues).
It doesn't matter what routine, and it doesn't matter if he's a 115lb guy with his collar popped. That's a very elitest attitude to have in a gym. The guy with the popped collar pays dues too. Maybe he's most comfortable doing his curls there... It's not like he's standing there making out with his GF. There are a lot of unorthodox workouts that use equipment for things other than what they were originally intended for. The fact remains, if he is in fact working out, he has as much right to use it in any way he sees fit as you do.
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/19/2007, 08:18 AM   #63 (permalink)
I r bad spellr, stfu

Vehicle: Big Azz Truck
spydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by all
Dont try to do Super Sets @ 5:30pm!
spydermn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06/24/2007, 05:18 PM   #64 (permalink)
HMRacing

Vehicle: IS350 AWD,335xi,3G,Solara
ShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to ShineStreet3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post

[*]Women at the gym – leave them alone and let them get their workout in. They do not want to be hit on while they are wearing no makeup and covered in sweat. Likewise, you should be concentrating on getting an efficient workout completed rather than hitting on women who are not interested in you. If you want to get rejected, I’m sure you can get plenty of that at your local bar on a Friday or Saturday night.

[/list]

That's a good rule but i have had a few women give me looks while im working out, I have had a few friends who actually met some hot girls at the gym. However, let them stare unless you both have a break and can maybe share a few words. I don't believe in being completely silent at the gym i just think it's messed up when your working out and people try to talk to you, that is annoying.

Another rule that should be applied is don't stare at people. People at my YMCA have a problem staring at each other with a im tougher then you look. I think staring is rude get over your high horse and focus on your workouts.
ShineStreet3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/24/2007, 11:45 PM   #65 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

Vehicle: 2007 350Z
Tearstone has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Tearstone Send a message via AIM to Tearstone
This is the first time I've read this thread, and I agree 100% with the first post in this thread. But for real, it's common sense and really common sense goes a long way in this world no matter what you are doing.

The gym I've been going to actually kicks you out if you grunt, drop weights or make anyone else feel inadequate about being there. There is a big light on the wall with a buzzer and microphones throughout.

I would have to say that after going for two weeks now, the only thing that really annoys me is bad form. It's horribly pointless to lift more than you are capable of and jerking weights around like your fanning away mosquitos. The first day I went in there, there were women lifting more than I was but I didn't care since I had to retune my muscles to get back in the swing of things with slow steady reps.

Regardless, spending 40 minutes on the fat burn cycle on the bike I get bored and watching other people at the gym is entertaining.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/25/2007, 12:24 AM   #66 (permalink)
HMRacing

Vehicle: IS350 AWD,335xi,3G,Solara
ShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to ShineStreet3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstone View Post
This is the first time I've read this thread, and I agree 100% with the first post in this thread. But for real, it's common sense and really common sense goes a long way in this world no matter what you are doing.

The gym I've been going to actually kicks you out if you grunt, drop weights or make anyone else feel inadequate about being there. There is a big light on the wall with a buzzer and microphones throughout.

I would have to say that after going for two weeks now, the only thing that really annoys me is bad form. It's horribly pointless to lift more than you are capable of and jerking weights around like your fanning away mosquitos. The first day I went in there, there were women lifting more than I was but I didn't care since I had to retune my muscles to get back in the swing of things with slow steady reps.

Regardless, spending 40 minutes on the fat burn cycle on the bike I get bored and watching other people at the gym is entertaining.

You could always buy a home gym like i did and grunt or do whatever you want. I still go to the YMCA but when i get bored or stressed i hit my good old Golds Gym. BTW the room is temporary till i finish my basement. Then i got a lot more room to move around.

ShineStreet3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/05/2007, 10:28 AM   #67 (permalink)
Garrett T3/T4

Vehicle: Eclipse
alucard : who are you?alucard : who are you?alucard : who are you?alucard : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstone View Post

im sorry i wouldnt deal with a gym where you cant grunt. Sometimes you have to grunt a little on those last two reps. im not going to limit my workout because the string bean next to me feels "inadequate" next to me.
alucard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/25/2007, 09:22 AM   #68 (permalink)
I r bad spellr, stfu

spydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by allspydermn seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard View Post
im sorry i wouldnt deal with a gym where you cant grunt. Sometimes you have to grunt a little on those last two reps. im not going to limit my workout because the string bean next to me feels "inadequate" next to me.
You need to read more of the posts here, this was coverd. Grunting a little (sometimes it is involentary for me with heavy weights ) is ok, screaming like a $2 whore not ok, grunting like a bull on every rep; not cool.

Last edited by spydermn; 09/25/2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09/25/2007, 09:30 AM   #69 (permalink)
I r bad spellr, stfu

Things in the gym that piss me off (that I didn't see listed)
- People not racking weights according to size. I hate having to dig through a pile of 5, 10 & 25 to get that one 2 1/2 at the bottom of the stack. You learned about how shapes and sizes go together in kindergarden, use it on the weight racks! This goes for the DB's also!

- People doing an exersize with TO MUCH WEIGHT and not doing it correctly. You will build more muscle and faster if you do a weight that you can correctly handle. You look like a f'in tool trying to do to much weight!

- Hogging a rack/bench while talking to buddies. This has been mentioned b4 but I had to say it again. Along with this when you are using something that the wieght is easily changed or has not weight (ie cable machines, pull up bar) and you are standing there, dont get pissed when I ask to work in with you.

- DON"T STARE! Just because I can lift more than you, or look like I should be lifting more does not give you the right to stare at me. It makes me nervous and self consious(sp?), DONT DO IT!

I could go on but most of the rest of the things that bug me are stuff that sets off my OCD so I will not go into it here

-
Old 03/20/2008, 12:37 PM   #70 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 RS
mrmez : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to mrmez Send a message via MSN to mrmez
I agree with most of these gym rules, and to people that frequent the gym to work out they seem common sense.

Here are some rules for running also

-Slower paced runners gennerally stay to the outside on circuits and to the right on trails

-when passing someone try and give them at least an elbows distance away from you. If it's too crowded to pass then wiat until it clears up.

-don't block the fast lane with your buddy by chatting it up and walking. You may find that people will ignore the above rule and "accidentaly" bump into you.

-If you don't know someone don't pace them. Must runners don't like it when someone runs right beside them or directly behind them.

-Don't run like one of those idiots that you see on the highway that darts in and out of groups of people. GO AROUND.

-Same thing for trying to pick up women on the track as in the gym...not a good idea. Plus on trails you just might run into a woman with pepper spray

I'm a fawkin gazelle.
mrmez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/02/2008, 10:49 AM   #71 (permalink)
One Lucky Fuck

Wally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be newWally - if you don't know me, you must be new
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
It doesn't matter what routine, and it doesn't matter if he's a 115lb guy with his collar popped. That's a very elitest attitude to have in a gym. The guy with the popped collar pays dues too. Maybe he's most comfortable doing his curls there... It's not like he's standing there making out with his GF. There are a lot of unorthodox workouts that use equipment for things other than what they were originally intended for. The fact remains, if he is in fact working out, he has as much right to use it in any way he sees fit as you do.
I can't believe I just saw this. Sal, curls in the squat rack are a universal no-no. There are at least 10 areas in the gym where curls of any sort can be performed. There is 1, single, solitary squat rack. This is the only place anyone can use to safely perform squats and overhead pressing movements (due to the safety pins, etc.) without limiting themselves by using only weight they can clean from the floor. Can you clean, press and properly balance 275# across your back for each set of squats? I can't, but I know I can squat that for reps.
Old 04/16/2008, 10:50 AM   #72 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 RS
mrmez : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to mrmez Send a message via MSN to mrmez
We used to do curls with the bar from the squat rack back in highschool. But, I think that was mostly due to the lack of equipment we had. I think it just depends on the gyms. If they have the equipment to do curls else where (which they should) then do the curls there. But if they don't then there shouldn't be that much problem with some using the squat rack.

I'm a fawkin gazelle.
mrmez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/16/2008, 11:12 AM   #73 (permalink)
steelz carz

Vehicle: guess.
GTclipse01 should be considered a regularGTclipse01 should be considered a regularGTclipse01 should be considered a regularGTclipse01 should be considered a regularGTclipse01 should be considered a regularGTclipse01 should be considered a regularGTclipse01 should be considered a regularGTclipse01 should be considered a regularGTclipse01 should be considered a regularGTclipse01 should be considered a regularGTclipse01 should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to GTclipse01
It irks me when guys wear muscle shirts with those homo phrases like "UPS- Check Out My Package" while they're lifting... nobody cares if you're wearing a tight shirt that barely covers you, you're still not big. Sleeveless/cutoff shirts I have no problem with, its the skin-tight stuff that's just gay.
GTclipse01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/16/2008, 11:21 AM   #74 (permalink)
One Lucky Fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmez View Post
We used to do curls with the bar from the squat rack back in highschool. But, I think that was mostly due to the lack of equipment we had. I think it just depends on the gyms. If they have the equipment to do curls else where (which they should) then do the curls there. But if they don't then there shouldn't be that much problem with some using the squat rack.
Dude, you don't need a rack of any kind to do curls. if you were unable to lift the bar from the floor, you certainly wouldn't be able to curl it. Therefore, you can just set the bar on the floor between sets.

On the other hand, a rack is a requirement for heavy squats.
Old 04/17/2008, 01:26 PM   #75 (permalink)
Chalk City Bitch

Vehicle: '11 Hyundai Sonata SE
Shelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club exists
Recent things I've seen (in the evenings at our gym) that should be rules:

1. Don't wear a mouthpiece... you look retarded.

2. Don't talk to the t.v. when you're watching the basketball game. Specifically, don't talk to Kobe, he's not listening to you.

3. Don't flex in front of the mirror...especially considering my biceps are bigger than yours.

*Disclaimer* This is why I LOVE to go in the a.m. when I don't have to deal with anyone.
Shelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/26/2008, 04:16 PM   #76 (permalink)
Dread Pirate Roberts

Vehicle: 2004 GT Titanium Pearl
04GT seems to be okay04GT seems to be okay04GT seems to be okay04GT seems to be okay04GT seems to be okay04GT seems to be okay04GT seems to be okay04GT seems to be okay
More:

Don't do your dumbell/barbell curls standing right next to the rack. Other people will need to get to weights on the rack that you are blocking. Move away, do your curls, then come back. Blocking typically happens when the gym has mirrors mounted on the wall directly behind the rack - guy grabs the dumbells he wants and then stands next to the rack looking into the mirror doing his reps. Back Off, man!

When using a weight machine, part of good form is controlling the weight. Don't allow the weights to bottom out and *clank* on every repitition. It *clank* gets *clank* annoying *clank* when you *clank* have to *clank* hear it.

In the locker rooms, don't pile all your crap on the bench while you dress/undress. Put your bag, clothes, shoes, toiletries on the floor under you or leave it in the locker. Someone will need to sit down where you've piled up all that junk and space is limited.

Learn Proper Form! It's really distracting when you are waiting for someone to break their sternum when they are dropping the barbell on their chest on the bench press every repetiton, or watching a guy doing too much weight on the lat pull downs, yanking the weight down, jerking his head back with the effort and rocking his back down toward the floor. Should we call 911 now, or wait until you actually rupture something?
04GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/26/2008, 04:19 PM   #77 (permalink)
One Lucky Fuck

Good additions!
The dumbbell rack crowding thing is an issue at both gyms I use.

The weight stack clank is not an issue if you train with headphones on
Old 06/26/2008, 04:24 PM   #78 (permalink)

morbidjester Really needs to MTFOmorbidjester Really needs to MTFOmorbidjester Really needs to MTFOmorbidjester Really needs to MTFOmorbidjester Really needs to MTFOmorbidjester Really needs to MTFOmorbidjester Really needs to MTFOmorbidjester Really needs to MTFOmorbidjester Really needs to MTFOmorbidjester Really needs to MTFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
Recent things I've seen (in the evenings at our gym) that should be rules:

1. Don't wear a mouthpiece... you look retarded.

2. Don't talk to the t.v. when you're watching the basketball game. Specifically, don't talk to Kobe, he's not listening to you.

3. Don't flex in front of the mirror...especially considering my biceps are bigger than yours.

*Disclaimer* This is why I LOVE to go in the a.m. when I don't have to deal with anyone.
Flexing is good for muscle growth.
morbidjester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/26/2008, 04:28 PM   #79 (permalink)
One Lucky Fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidjester View Post
Flexing is good for muscle EGO growth.
Old 07/10/2008, 12:45 PM   #80 (permalink)
Platinum Member

Vehicle: 06 Toyota 4Runner
CCCP seems to be okayCCCP seems to be okayCCCP seems to be okayCCCP seems to be okayCCCP seems to be okayCCCP seems to be okay
This one time i was spotting a guy who was maxing out for three reps in bench. It was a hot summer day, so i was sweating, and a drop of my sweat fell from my head into this dude's eye while he was maxing out. hahaha He finished his set, and never asked me to spot him again lol
CCCP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/01/2008, 11:52 PM   #81 (permalink)
dodge this

Vehicle: 4G64 Stratus
21Strat : who are you?
First off, awesome thread.

I'm just getting back into weight lifting, after a year and a half off.I read through this to see if anyone else experienced the same frustrations, and I agree with every single thing.

One addition:
Don't blare your music so I can hear it 8 feet away. Usually its those people with the big DJ style headphones or the earbuds that wrap around your ear and go into it. I don't care to hear your music no matter what kind it is...especially that, "GO KILL YOURSELF RAWR RAWR RAWR!" shit.
21Strat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/05/2009, 01:32 PM   #82 (permalink)
I r bad spellr, stfu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Strat View Post
One addition:
Don't blare your music so I can hear it 8 feet away. Usually its those people with the big DJ style headphones or the earbuds that wrap around your ear and go into it. I don't care to hear your music no matter what kind it is...especially that, "GO KILL YOURSELF RAWR RAWR RAWR!" shit.
Tell the douches that run the music in the gym to not play shitty music over the PA! BTW if you can hear someone elses music through their headphones, move. Its that easy.
Old 01/05/2009, 01:37 PM   #83 (permalink)
I r bad spellr, stfu

More Rules from the land of OCD

- Don't hover at the h20 fountian. I want a drink also.

- 6 guys, one bench, what could be gayer.

- Heavy weights go on the bottom of the weight tree not on the top.

- Gym owners - please buy one kind of free weight and dumbbell

- Don't ask for my bar clips, DON'T STEAL MY BAR CLIPS WHILE I AM GETTING MORE WEIGHTS!

- stated before but please use good form or cut the weight down.
Old 06/03/2009, 07:09 PM   #84 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Yamaha R1
Jakemetz63 seems to be okayJakemetz63 seems to be okayJakemetz63 seems to be okayJakemetz63 seems to be okayJakemetz63 seems to be okayJakemetz63 seems to be okay
Hey look, idiot, see those little numbers on the plates? Yeah those. When you rack your fucking plates, make sure to put them on top of the other ones with the same numbers. It pisses me off to no end to see a weight tree with four different #s of weight on each fucking branch. I do not want to dig off three different plates to get down to the one that I want to use. Put shit in its proper spot.

This is worse in a 24 hour gym because there really is no time to reorganize everything back to its optimal location. Pisses me off.
Jakemetz63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/03/2009, 07:12 PM   #85 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Yamaha R1
Jakemetz63 seems to be okayJakemetz63 seems to be okayJakemetz63 seems to be okayJakemetz63 seems to be okayJakemetz63 seems to be okayJakemetz63 seems to be okay
Oh and Wally, about the cell phone thing...

So when my grandfather was in the hospital, inches away from death and I had no way to get down to visit him before he died, guess what I did to relieve stress? I lifted. I kept my phone on me because I wanted the call. Sometimes things come up and you need to have your phone on you at the gym. BUT if your just talking to your BFF Jill about how much you drank last night, who has herpes and who is a bitch; nobody gives a shit. Get off of the equipment if your going to do that.
Jakemetz63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/04/2009, 12:16 AM   #86 (permalink)

Vehicle: green 2000 mitsubishi ecl
flakko1000 : who are you?flakko1000 : who are you?
Send a message via MSN to flakko1000 Send a message via Yahoo to flakko1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAzn View Post
1.)
2.) Indian guys/gals f'n STINK at the gym. Not all indians stink, in fact my workout partner is indian and he agrees with me. A good portion do in fact STINK and make me and I'm sure others nauseous when they get close. It's even worse on the track or the treadmill when I'm breathing deeply.
You should try working out with Afghan interpreters around where Iím at, and with the weather starting to heat up here, this people get worse and worseÖ.

but Iíll soon be home
flakko1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/04/2009, 10:00 AM   #87 (permalink)
One Lucky Fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakemetz63 View Post
Oh and Wally, about the cell phone thing...

So when my grandfather was in the hospital, inches away from death and I had no way to get down to visit him before he died, guess what I did to relieve stress? I lifted. I kept my phone on me because I wanted the call. Sometimes things come up and you need to have your phone on you at the gym. BUT if your just talking to your BFF Jill about how much you drank last night, who has herpes and who is a bitch; nobody gives a shit. Get off of the equipment if your going to do that.
Oh yeah, I've brought my phone in when I had an important call possibly coming. That's totally fine. However, some people have different ideas of what's "important".

Relative in the hospital? Important.
Major business deal closing that may need your attention? Fairly important.
9 months pregnant wife at home? Important.
Your buddy needs to know whether or not to put NOS energy drink in his bike's gas tank? Not important.

However, if I bring my phone in because I may be urgently needed, the call will take me out of the gym ASAP.
Old 08/03/2009, 11:41 AM   #88 (permalink)

2000RS-Turbo : who are you?2000RS-Turbo : who are you?2000RS-Turbo : who are you?2000RS-Turbo : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
This one time i was spotting a guy who was maxing out for three reps in bench. It was a hot summer day, so i was sweating, and a drop of my sweat fell from my head into this dude's eye while he was maxing out. hahaha He finished his set, and never asked me to spot him again lol
this happens to me all the time, i sweat alot lol
2000RS-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/03/2009, 11:45 AM   #89 (permalink)

2000RS-Turbo : who are you?2000RS-Turbo : who are you?2000RS-Turbo : who are you?2000RS-Turbo : who are you?
Dont wear sleeve-less shirts, wife beaters, muscle shirts, or anything that is to show off muscle when either your 140lb of bone or 300lbs of fat, its just stupid an everyone if gonna be laughing at you. wait till you have the muscle to show off.
Old 08/03/2009, 11:57 AM   #90 (permalink)

oh an please use weight u can handle. i can bench 405lb, so if im doing curls most likely you should be doin less weight then me not more an swinging so bad u have to wear a back brace/belt. One time i was curling with 50lb dumbbells so this kid comes up grabs the 55lbers, now he couldnt have weighed more than 135lb, swings the dumbbell up, only gets it half way so he bends his back so he can get it the dumbbell hits his chest an knocks him on his ass. im no rocket scientist hes a fuckin idiot. lol
Old 06/10/2010, 01:26 PM   #91 (permalink)

pirateye : who are you?
another good rule is if you're using a cardio machine, only stay on for 30 minutes at most. Other people may want to use it too

*FYI, I'm helping spread this link around for State Farm
pirateye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/15/2010, 10:09 PM   #92 (permalink)
I r bad spellr, stfu

Ehhh, not so sure about the machine thing. If you are using the cardio machine and there are other open machines, stay on till you die. If it is busy then ya, keep it to a reasonable time.

Now me, I am a big guy and if a tredmill is "off alignment" just a little, I will make the thing damn near stop,so I used to have to wait for a particular machine to open.

BTW solved all those problems, I run outside
Old 06/17/2010, 10:26 PM   #93 (permalink)
Bringing sexy back

Vehicle: 03 GS
Clipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by manyClipzin33 is well-liked by many
I do an hour of cardio.......I pay, I'll do what I want.
Clipzin33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/17/2010, 11:48 PM   #94 (permalink)
00GT

Vehicle: 00 eclipse GT Fed
00GTRacing needs to be reminded to breathe.
all these reasons are why I started building my own gym at home. So I dont have to worry about any of that stuff and I can play my own music!
00GTRacing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/17/2011, 01:25 AM   #95 (permalink)

Bryant : who are you?
These rules for the gym help any one for the bodybuilding, muscle gain
weight loss or weight gain. this information will help in all the fields.
baltimore fitness trainer

Last edited by Bryant; 02/19/2011 at 02:54 AM.
Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/02/2011, 05:05 AM   #96 (permalink)
Banned

mm145 : who are you?
Most rules are part of the etiquette of being a decent human being no matter what you are doing , and no matter how involved you are in your gymming or exercises. Losing track of decency never helps - anywhere
mm145 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/21/2011, 10:58 AM   #97 (permalink)
drunk asshole

Vehicle: '01 Spyder
spyderman34 : who are you?spyderman34 : who are you?
I love this thread and agree with all rules especially about the use of form and using the appropriate weight. This is why I like to get my workout in at 5 AM - less bullshit and people to deal with.
spyderman34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/18/2012, 10:29 PM   #98 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse
countryboy777 : who are you?
Please come with pants that actually fir YOU!

I can't tell how many times I have been working out when all of a sudden I see some dudes ass crack. I mean hell, wear a longer shirt if you have to. It ruins the focus I need.
countryboy777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/18/2012, 10:41 PM   #99 (permalink)

Do not wear this if you are a hairy mofo.

I understand guys wax their whole bodies so that they can see if they are creating muscle when working out, but for the good lords sake WAX/Shave if you are even gonna attempt to wear these.

These dumb ass rich high school kids wear these while working out.
The worst part is they are all hairy as hell!

These shorts are like $50. It's a gym, not the beach.
Old 03/19/2012, 09:10 AM   #100 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
nobody should be wearing those at the gym.

|
|
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/19/2012, 09:57 AM   #101 (permalink)
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!

Vehicle: 2012 Chevy
pp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club exists
Everyone seems to be dissing the skinny guy trying to do too much weight... heres one for the fat dude. there is a group of guys at my gym who work out regularly and they ONLY work upper body, bi's, tri's and chest. They "max out" every work out too.... i just feel like telling them...

Just because you can lift a lot of weight, that does not make you a bad ass. You should train all aspects of your body and that includes your fat gut! get on the tredmill & do some cardio fatty!
pp_e is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/21/2012, 11:34 AM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp_e View Post
Everyone seems to be dissing the skinny guy trying to do too much weight... heres one for the fat dude. there is a group of guys at my gym who work out regularly and they ONLY work upper body, bi's, tri's and chest. They "max out" every work out too.... i just feel like telling them...

Just because you can lift a lot of weight, that does not make you a bad ass. You should train all aspects of your body and that includes your fat gut! get on the tredmill & do some cardio fatty!

Go ahead and just tell them. You will be doing US ALL a favor by doing so.
The world does not need anymore fat bad asses with swole triceps thinkin they run the place.
Old 03/21/2012, 08:47 PM   #103 (permalink)

ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.
Well since this was bumped. This thread was a little passive aggressive for me but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000RS-Turbo View Post
Dont wear sleeve-less shirts, wife beaters, muscle shirts, or anything that is to show off muscle when either your 140lb of bone or 300lbs of fat, its just stupid an everyone if gonna be laughing at you. wait till you have the muscle to show off.
Or just work out and stop starring at the other men in there. I'm sorry you only want to be able to see them if they're muscular.

Me, I don't know how anyone wears anything but sleeveless shirts. Maybe I run warmer than most, but I see guys wearing sweatshirts and I don't know how they do it. Even a T-shirt kills me. When you're working out hard, it's just too damn warm in a gym. Just stop starring at the guys and lift. Problem solved.

P.S. This is not insulting or "ripping" on you. It's just exactly what you said.
ThaCrow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/23/2012, 07:49 PM   #104 (permalink)
professional lurker

Vehicle: 2011 BMW 3 series
Lizzy has a few friends hereLizzy has a few friends hereLizzy has a few friends hereLizzy has a few friends hereLizzy has a few friends hereLizzy has a few friends hereLizzy has a few friends hereLizzy has a few friends hereLizzy has a few friends here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaCrow View Post
Well since this was bumped. This thread was a little passive aggressive for me but...

Or just work out and stop starring at the other men in there. I'm sorry you only want to be able to see them if they're muscular.

Me, I don't know how anyone wears anything but sleeveless shirts. Maybe I run warmer than most, but I see guys wearing sweatshirts and I don't know how they do it. Even a T-shirt kills me. When you're working out hard, it's just too damn warm in a gym. Just stop starring at the guys and lift. Problem solved.

P.S. This is not insulting or "ripping" on you. It's just exactly what you said.
at looking at other men. Same goes for chicks. Just workout don't stare. I will dish out dirty looks if I start feeling the "eyes digging into you" from others.

Ok, I run hot like you do. I wear these shirts made by BCG Dry weave stuff. Wicks away the moisture and makes it more comfy to workout. I sweat like a pig. The shirt also has some antiodor stuff built into it so everyone won't know what you've eaten in the past few days. Academy - Academy Home has them.

Quote:
Oh yes, I only make coitus through a hole in a cotton sheet on Tuesdays with full moons in missionary position.
Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/03/2013, 10:57 PM   #105 (permalink)
Pee in the sink

Vehicle: 2005 Black GTS
stylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-wide
Witnessed this today.

Please do not dance/pop-lock in between sets... especially AS YOU'RE SPOTTING SOMEONE ELSE.

stylez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/04/2013, 10:08 AM   #106 (permalink)
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!

Vehicle: 2012 Chevy
pp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club existspp_e is one of the reasons this club exists
Im starting to wish everyone would learn gym sign language.

If there is an empty bench next to you "wave it off" if your not using it.

If you are between sets, look around and see who may want to squeeze a quick set as your standing there looking at your self in the mirror. If you have one more set left, let the person know, by putting your hand up with one finger and then wave it off when your done.

ive been told by others in the gym... that some people think im wierd and too serious because i dont acknowledge some of the regulars, or talk to people while im working out. guess what.... im not their to make friends. so fuck you
pp_e is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/27/2015, 02:01 AM   #107 (permalink)

louiss11 : who are you?
Don't touch each others biceps, that's gay!
louiss11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > Health, Fitness and Food

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in