How to deal with neighbors - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > The Lounge

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10/17/2015, 10:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
HMRacing

Vehicle: IS350 AWD,335xi,3G,Solara
ShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to ShineStreet3g
How to deal with neighbors

I live on a private drive with only one neighbor he is 78 year's old, he has lived across me since 2003, i lived here most my life. When he first moved in we got along and helped each other but since i been here and we don't speak much anymore he has stolen a brand new long bar light fixture that i bought new in the box. I had it sitting beside my front door and i couldn't find it, i went next door and he was sitting in his garage, just 3 months ago he stole my ladder, he came inside my gate and just took it. I went by his shed and it was sitting hidden in the bushes so i got it back, now i am missing my umbrella that was expensive. Am i dealing with a Klepto? I have security camera's around my whole front yard. Is it odd someone at his age 78 would steal like that? I know he has plenty of money but i don't understand why he keeps stealing stuff around my house like he's entitled to it. I put up a privacy fence because he ease drops on my converstations.
ShineStreet3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10/17/2015, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
HMRacing

ShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by allShineStreet3g seems to be well-liked by all
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to put a stop to it or how you guys have dealt with your neighbors in similar situations.
Old 10/17/2015, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Check the state laws if you can shoot him for trespassing. You do have no trespassing signs up right? Plaster them up all over and next time you catch him on film call the police and file charges. He does it again? Charge him again. And again, and again. Eventually he either goes to jail or slapped with home arrest and a monitoring anklet. Check with a lawyer about getting a restraining order or something.

Or just shoot him. Bullets make points pretty clear.
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/17/2015, 03:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
HMRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
Check the state laws if you can shoot him for trespassing. You do have no trespassing signs up right? Plaster them up all over and next time you catch him on film call the police and file charges. He does it again? Charge him again. And again, and again. Eventually he either goes to jail or slapped with home arrest and a monitoring anklet. Check with a lawyer about getting a restraining order or something.

I wish it were that easy, he knows a lot of city officials. His g/f works for the courthouse for another county. I'm not sure if he would get out of something like entering my property or not. If he did in fact take my umbrella it was laying beside the door, however he did walk into my gate and take my ladder. It would had been a lot easier if he "asked if he could borrow it without taking it" Last year his buddy backed into my privacy fence and they were not even going to tell me. I told them maybe i should call the police and his buddy said "call the police" go ahead call them up. Obviously im dealing with some drunks with big ego's.
Old 10/17/2015, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
am cat

Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
I'm not suggesting arson, but he would have to move if his house burned down.
Old 10/17/2015, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
HMRacing

He reminds me of that one jerk rich guy who's a tight wad and takes from people to save money. lol
Old 10/19/2015, 10:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
V8 > 3G

Vehicle: racecar
skinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to skinnyGT
Just buy a few trail cameras and hide them. Place a few items outside that he would likely steal, take the pictures of him walking off with your stuff to the Sheriff, and the issue will resolve itself.
skinnyGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/19/2015, 12:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
am cat

You can't make a trap, that wouldn't fly.
Old 10/19/2015, 10:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
HMRacing

I thought about putting my new dewalt tool kit box outside with a couple small weights in it and sit it on my chair like UPS just delivered it to see if he would take it. If i put it in the line of my security cams the motion detector will go off if he grabs it. When i had the actual set delivered i remembered hearing his car idle in front of my house like he was going to get out and take it. I know it would be like candy to a baby because he is big on dewalt.
Old 10/20/2015, 05:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
V8 > 3G

Vehicle: racecar
skinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to skinnyGT
Quote:
You can't make a trap, that wouldn't fly.
Tell that to the folks at how to catch a predator...
skinnyGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/20/2015, 04:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GS 2.4
KJFire4Life : who are you?KJFire4Life : who are you?KJFire4Life : who are you?KJFire4Life : who are you?KJFire4Life : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineStreet3g View Post
I thought about putting my new dewalt tool kit box outside with a couple small weights in it and sit it on my chair like UPS just delivered it to see if he would take it. If i put it in the line of my security cams the motion detector will go off if he grabs it. When i had the actual set delivered i remembered hearing his car idle in front of my house like he was going to get out and take it. I know it would be like candy to a baby because he is big on dewalt.
Having video evidence is crucial to make any claim. Make sure the time is on there, the place, and that it goes straight to the officials within hours of being recorded. Period. I have personal experience with things like this and the biggest thing the law will ask for is the time and why you would set a "Trap persay. Explain prior happenings and I don't care who his girl works for or who he knows, your hard earned money and possessions are worth protecting! Whoever said the bit about a restraining order would be a nice thing as well. He doesn't need to be notified, doesn't need to be told or summoned, you ask a judge to slap a pre-court immediate order on and deal with the rest of the paperwork after legal proceedings are followed through. Any activity around your house or the specified area means he broke the order and can be arrested. Just keep your cameras rolling (sadly I know too much of this law for NC due to my own prior situations.........)
KJFire4Life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/20/2015, 05:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
"I dunno" guy

Vehicle: 2009 BMW 328i Coupe
scoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by all
Sit the toolbox on a pressure switch. Lift and a very loud bang goes off right under him
scoliosis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/22/2015, 04:57 AM   #13 (permalink)

blackout01 : who are you?blackout01 : who are you?blackout01 : who are you?
are you cameras hidden or in view?

If they are in view and he still does these actions then that will be the icing on the cake when you turn the video over to the police.
blackout01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/22/2015, 07:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
am cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoliosis View Post
Sit the toolbox on a pressure switch. Lift and a very loud bang goes off right under him
Like from a shotgun loaded with bird shot right?
Old 10/22/2015, 11:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
"I dunno" guy

Vehicle: 2009 BMW 328i Coupe
scoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by allscoliosis seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Like from a shotgun loaded with bird shot right?
Oh yeah, louder the better. Theft induced heart attack.
scoliosis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/24/2015, 04:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2 cars that arent 3g's
Davids00 : who are you?Davids00 : who are you?Davids00 : who are you?Davids00 : who are you?Davids00 : who are you?
I say cameras, and an alarm.
Davids00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/27/2015, 02:57 AM   #17 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse Gts
nigel3018 : who are you?nigel3018 : who are you?
I'm guessing you already got your stuff back and confronted him??
If not, do that.
If he isn't afraid of cops then you might as well retaliate? Not the smartest but you'll feel better lol
nigel3018 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/06/2015, 08:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
BMSMA

Vehicle: IS250
Phinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club existsPhinhead54 is one of the reasons this club exists
Sure there is no dementia going on?
Phinhead54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/23/2015, 11:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
HMRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phinhead54 View Post
Sure there is no dementia going on?

That's a good question i thought of that, he is 78, but he get's around pretty damn good for his age. He drinks screwdrivers everyday and he has luekemia. I used to be friends with him but he proved himself to be a dick. He's taking care of his mother who's 99 and his aunt whos 95 both at his house, since he's been doing that it hasn't been as bad and he hasn't had drunks over like he used to. The rest of his family is nice and i get along with them but he's a cranky old fart. lol
Old 12/23/2015, 12:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
HMRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel3018 View Post
I'm guessing you already got your stuff back and confronted him??
If not, do that.
If he isn't afraid of cops then you might as well retaliate? Not the smartest but you'll feel better lol

Oh yes i def got my ladder back as soon as it was missing i knew he took it. I went over by his shed and it was hidden behind it. Pretty shady if you ask me. It's hard telling what else he has snagged, i was missing a few gas tanks a while back and he stole a garage florescent light i had bc he had it sitting by his door. I don't leave anything out now, i was thinking of baiting him with a Dewalt tool kit box by putting weight inside it and putting it in front of my house on a chair lol. He's big on dewalt and it would be really damn tempting to steal i bet.
Old 12/23/2015, 08:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
am cat

OOOO DO THE DEWALT. But get a bunch of party poppers and hot glue them to the one side and glue the strings to the other side. Or you can fill a water balloon with stink bait and paint and put a razor blade or nail on a string so it pulls taught and pops the balloon when the lid is opened. I mean the possibilities are endless. Start packing your trash into boxes and leaving them out for him to take even. Hell, put out a metal tool box on a sheet of metal wired to an electric fence transformer.

Will he take food? Can you put out like a rat poison pie or something?
Old 12/23/2015, 11:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
HMRacing

Quote:
OOOO DO THE DEWALT. But get a bunch of party poppers and hot glue them to the one side and glue the strings to the other side. Or you can fill a water balloon with stink bait and paint and put a razor blade or nail on a string so it pulls taught and pops the balloon when the lid is opened. I mean the possibilities are endless. Start packing your trash into boxes and leaving them out for him to take even. Hell, put out a metal tool box on a sheet of metal wired to an electric fence transformer.

Will he take food? Can you put out like a rat poison pie or something?

Well i would like to keep the Dewalt box so i don't want to do damage to it, lol. Maybe i can put a large dildo in it when he trys to open the box. Weigh it down with weights on the chair have the dildo pointing toward his face when he opens it. Maybe even rig it to spit out white fluid when he opens the top of the box. Rat poison is a bit extreme i would be sitting in a cell getting on club3g.
Old 12/24/2015, 01:12 AM   #23 (permalink)
am cat

Nevermind the fence transformer, just put a metal tool box out wired to the main 220 circuit. Hot on the box and neutral in the ground, tool box on a wooden chair or stump. Works better if the ground is wet by the way. After he goes down just pull up your cords and call an ambulance, tell the EMT's you yelled because you were startled to see him and he just went down like a box of rocks. If nothing else he'll be laid up in the hospital for a while.
Old 07/20/2016, 11:59 PM   #24 (permalink)

webbrowan : who are you?
It is sad that you have to put up with such an absurd and obnoxious person whom you used to be close with. But then again, at such a ripe age, we just don't know the mental aspect of his actions. Try caputuring his misdeeds on camera and leave it to the authorities. If nothing is being done, then only should you approach him and talk to him man-to-man.
webbrowan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/08/2016, 01:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Sehnsucht

8 Ball Champion Champion!
Vehicle: 2013 370Z
Zrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be new
Send a message via AIM to Zrocks04
ninja suit and baseball bat to the knees works pretty good.
Zrocks04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/06/2016, 11:48 PM   #26 (permalink)

webbrowan : who are you?
Rich people have the strangest habits mate. But I would do my best to avoid confronting the old timer about things though. Who knows what kind of stand off that might trigger. Perhaps get some insurance for your things and some tighter security, and keep those security tapes in case he takes something really valuable in the future!
webbrowan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/03/2016, 10:24 PM   #27 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Fed-Spec GT 4spd
Shanky : who are you?
buy a either an ar 15 variant or hi cap 9mm hand gun. make it very apparent you are leaving to go out of town on a saturday. have ups deliver something on saturday, when he comes by pop 10 or so off from either side of the house. I can almost garuntee your problem will stop. If that doesnt work, pour some yellow food coloring in a bowl, put a empty bottle of bleach and ammonia next to it with a smiley face drawn on one. if he knows whats good for him he'll stay away.

PS: Do not under any circumstances mix bleach and ammonia. it will kill you far faster then you can run. plus its leaves residue on shit that will burn the hell out of you.
Shanky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/04/2016, 11:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
lit up

Vehicle: '14 BRZ
soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.
ever heard of "unlawful firearm discharge"?
soundman98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/05/2016, 11:54 AM   #29 (permalink)
am cat

Honestly my vote is still to just burn his house down.
Old 12/12/2017, 10:04 AM   #30 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GS
ROXXY : who are you?
Quote:

LOL this posts amazing
ROXXY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/24/2018, 09:46 PM   #31 (permalink)

PandaSteak : who are you?
Quote:
Honestly my vote is still to just burn his house down.
I don't know you Bitter, but I already like you. sorry for the thread bump, i'm trying to get my post count up so i can post pics in my thread.
PandaSteak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in