good rotors on a tight budget? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > The Lounge

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04/27/2016, 10:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2004 eclipse gs
Centriand needs to be reminded to breathe.
good rotors on a tight budget?

anybody know where i can get decent front rotors for a gs? current ones are warped pretty bad. my budget is probably around 60-70 for both
Centriand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04/27/2016, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Centric from RockAuto or Amazon.
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/27/2016, 11:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: 08 S80, 06 M5
lyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okay
OEM at any parts store should be under your range
lyonstl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/27/2016, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

so dumb question but why do Amazon.com: Centric Parts 121.46047 C-Tek Standard Brake Rotor: Automotive and http://www.amazon.com/Centric-Parts-...s+2004+eclipse look deffernt
Old 04/28/2016, 12:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Here for the drama

Vehicle: '01 Eclipse GT
Arsenic : who are you?
First link is rear, second is front, go outside, peek at your front and rear rotors and you'll be enlightened.

Unless you have drums in the rear, then it's a no brainer..
Arsenic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/28/2016, 01:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

ya my rears are drums :,(
Old 04/28/2016, 01:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Here for the drama

No biggie, buy the front vented rotors, then take a field trip to the junkyard and then pull the rear disc set up for cheap! Lol
Old 04/28/2016, 01:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Here for the drama

First link is rear, second is front, go outside, peek at your front and rear rotors and you'll be enlightened.

Unless you have drums in the rear, then it's a no brainer..
Old 04/28/2016, 12:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Vroom Psshh

Vehicle: 03' Eclipse GS
jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via Yahoo to jstewart92
I still have this stuff if interested. https://www.club3g.com/forum/automoti...-bushings.html
jstewart92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/28/2016, 12:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Crazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okay
Brakemotive on eBay had semi decent rotors with zinc coatings for a budget
Crazyguy03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/28/2016, 12:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

thank you guys probably going with breakmotive
Old 04/28/2016, 12:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
am cat

Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Even the eBay ones are probably OK to be honest but I know the Centric are top quality stuff. One and done.
Old 04/28/2016, 01:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Crazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okayCrazyguy03 seems to be okay
It's tough. I get it. Not a lot of people have $$ to spend but at the same time want cheap AND good parts. That's tricky. I've personally bought Brakemotive parts for cheap and it worked for 2 years before I upgraded to something a bit longer-lasting. But hey they claim casted in the US
Old 04/28/2016, 01:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

car is going to my GF in a few weeks after i ship for basic so im trying to find something that wont cause her any problems (she isnt mechanically inclined at all)
Old 04/28/2016, 01:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

You'll be fine with those
Old 04/27/2017, 11:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

G35Driver : who are you?
Just bought slotted and drilled power stops for my G35. $350 with performance pads.
G35Driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/27/2017, 11:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
am cat

Powerstop stuff is kind of just Chinese stuff and not really good Chinese stuff. Their pads are so-so, especially the Ceramic when compared to actual performance pads (even street stuff) they don't hold a candle. Their rotors are pretty much just generic rotors. Brand name stuff with high carbon iron or better machining and metallurgy isn't that much more costly and works better for longer.
Old 04/28/2017, 04:08 AM   #18 (permalink)
k19

Vehicle: 01 GT
k19 : who are you?
Check amazon warehouse deals. Its returns they re-sell at reduced prices. They usually have a decent amount of brake parts with some pretty good mark downs. I picked up a set of EBC red pads and dimpled slotted rotors for around 150 bucks

Bitter is right about the powerstops. I had them before the EBC's and I dont think my ABS ever activated, except in the rain. Its activated a few times with the EBC's. They just didnt grab enough for me
k19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/01/2017, 04:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 GS
Brimstone has a few friends hereBrimstone has a few friends hereBrimstone has a few friends hereBrimstone has a few friends hereBrimstone has a few friends hereBrimstone has a few friends hereBrimstone has a few friends hereBrimstone has a few friends hereBrimstone has a few friends here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
Centric from RockAuto or Amazon.
I will second this. Rockauto usually the best place to find the exact part number of what you want, then you can shop around a bit. Rockauto is usually also the lowest base price, but they're not always the best after shipping. Compare the same items from Rockauto, Amazon, and Ebay to find the best deal. Have to factor in also Amazon may charge tax in your area, and seller rating and shipping method if buy through Ebay.

Centric is the brand I would recommend as well. They are about the best I have found in non-performance quality brake parts. And they usually have several tiers to fit your needs/price level (basic, premium, drilled/slotted, etc).
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/02/2017, 09:11 AM   #20 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse GT
_rogue_ : who are you?
I'm looking into rotors as well so I was following this thread in the shadows. Thanks for all the info guys!
_rogue_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/02/2017, 01:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
am cat

Centric, Raybestos, Brembo, Wagner, pretty much any brand name will have a premium product that's a good rotor. It's the store brand and mystery online retailer stuff that's of suspect quality most times. Sometimes store brand premium is just an in house relabel of another product.

Same goes for pads, stay away from cheap ceramics as they suck. Brands like Centric, Stoptech, Raybestos, Akebono, etc have good pads even in their budget lines but the premium pads are truly worth it in my opinion. For a casual daily driver the Raybestos EHT pads are great. For a spirited driver the Stoptech Sport are an ideal choice.
Old 05/03/2017, 10:36 AM   #22 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 GS
Brimstone has a few friends hereBrimstone has a few friends hereBrimstone has a few friends hereBrimstone has a few friends hereBrimstone has a few friends hereBrimstone has a few friends hereBrimstone has a few friends hereBrimstone has a few friends hereBrimstone has a few friends here
I also recommend doing the Centric Premiums, they are E-coated on the hub section, which helps prevent your wheels, rotors, and hubs from rusting together.
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in