Extremely interesting - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > The Lounge

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03/17/2007, 08:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
I hate stance

Vehicle: V-ROD, R6, GST
XwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to XwP1ayawX
Extremely interesting

And at some parts sadly disturbing. If anybody has seen it they can vouch for it. This is the video "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon". It's about how the moon landing may have been a big hoax (propaganda) to make America win the space race against Russia. It's 45 mins long, but I promise you it's well worth it. It's rather sad when they look at all the billions spent on the space race and how there's poor, sick people dying at the same time in other countries.

XwP1ayawX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03/17/2007, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
MINI by proxy

Vehicle: 2007 MINI Cooper S
00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide
45 minutes?!?

It sounds interesting, for sure, but is there any other source I could view this piece from? For some reason, Youtube vids seem to get out of synch pretty badly on this computer after the first 5 minutes or so...
00TampaBlueGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/17/2007, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
fuck em

Vehicle: TT Z
Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
jesus christ. I've seen perfectly logical rebuttals to every single argument made by moon landing hoax theories. Maybe it's unfair for me to make any opinion without watching that video, but I'm betting I've seen it all before.

and even IF it was a hoax, why would it be so "sadly disturbing"? What do you think Star Wars and the entire Cold War in general was but one-upmanship and chest-thumping in the place of mutually assured destruction?
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/17/2007, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
I hate stance

XwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by all
Here's a short clip.

Another thing is that they only released a few number of photo's, and none of the videos on the surface were in color while they had color inside the spacecraft. Also, on the moon's surface, the shadows were not all parallel. Now think about it, if the only light source was from the sun (which it was claimed to be) , every shadow would point in the exact same direction, correct?

Now look even closer. See the hotspot right where the shadow of his head is? Artificial lighting

Hold on I'll upload a photo

Last edited by XwP1ayawX; 03/17/2007 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03/17/2007, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
I hate stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
jesus christ. I've seen perfectly logical rebuttals to every single argument made by moon landing hoax theories. Maybe it's unfair for me to make any opinion without watching that video, but I'm betting I've seen it all before.

and even IF it was a hoax, why would it be so "sadly disturbing"? What do you think Star Wars and the entire Cold War in general was but one-upmanship and chest-thumping in the place of mutually assured destruction?
Because the United States had taxpayers contribute 137 billion dollars to the project rather than invest that in something worthwhile instead of an ego boost.
Old 03/17/2007, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
I hate stance

The reflection in Buzz's helmet

Old 03/17/2007, 09:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
I hate stance

Now the picture is of him right? So OBVIOUSLY you can't say that the hotspot was from a camera flash... (even though they said all pictures were taken in natural sunlight) Also now, look at the shadows from the landing craft and Neil Armstrong in the backround. Notice anything odd? The shadows aren't parallel
Old 03/17/2007, 10:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
I hate stance

Watch this one too. This is pretty short. It's about how they changed backrounds in the Apollo 17 mission. The evidence is made extremely clear and there is honestly no way you can say that this guy is wrong. It's right in the government released videos of the landing. It has to be true.

Old 03/19/2007, 01:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt

Vehicle: 2001 Spyder GT (silver)
MarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by many
I'd say there are 3 light sources athough maybe only 2 would create shadows:
1) the sun
2) light reflected off of the Earth
3) the billions of stars shining. remember they are MUCH brighter from outside our atmosphere.

I think the one thing that has bugged me about this "conspiracy" is that you dont see stars in their photos/videos but I'd have to guess that they used some heavy filters on all of the cameras outside the spacecraft. I doubt any onboard cameras would need the filters as the window/s would have blocked any damaging rays.
I dunno... but I think it was real.
MarkSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/19/2007, 05:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
I hate stance

They said the way the camera's were designed blocked out the stars. I think it's bullshit. That last video shows in great detail the backdrops and how they were moved. The guy picks out a certain mountain in the backround and shows how pieces of it were moved around the set to make it look like they were in different places. It's like, you can't honestly say he's wrong because it's right there in the actual footage.
Old 03/19/2007, 05:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 sherwood green GS
GSKNIGHT has a few friends hereGSKNIGHT has a few friends hereGSKNIGHT has a few friends hereGSKNIGHT has a few friends hereGSKNIGHT has a few friends hereGSKNIGHT has a few friends hereGSKNIGHT has a few friends hereGSKNIGHT has a few friends here
I think the reason the shadows arent paralell in the reflection of his helmet is because the face mask is convex; it's round so it's wrapping the reflected image across its surface. Just a thought...
GSKNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/19/2007, 05:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
MINI by proxy

Vehicle: 2007 MINI Cooper S
00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSKNIGHT View Post
I think the reason the shadows arent paralell in the reflection of his helmet is because the face mask is convex; it's round so it's wrapping the reflected image across its surface. Just a thought...
I was going to say the same thing.
The shadows would be parallel, I'm sure, if not for the curvature of the helmet.

I'll check out those two shorter vids now... why not.
00TampaBlueGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/19/2007, 05:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
TE
Fear my erep power

Vehicle: 00 GT/2013 Genesis
TE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFO
Send a message via AIM to TE
we have been over this already

Oh yeah...The moon is made of CHEESE!!!
TE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/19/2007, 06:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 sherwood green GS
GSKNIGHT has a few friends hereGSKNIGHT has a few friends hereGSKNIGHT has a few friends hereGSKNIGHT has a few friends hereGSKNIGHT has a few friends hereGSKNIGHT has a few friends hereGSKNIGHT has a few friends hereGSKNIGHT has a few friends here
I watched the entire 45 minute video (slow day at work), and the only thing that really struck me about it was Neil Armstrong's speech at the 25th Anniversary of the landing.

"To you we say: we have only completed a beginning. We leave you much that is undone. There are great ideas undiscovered; breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth’s protective layers."

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but those are some pretty interesting comments coming from a man who has never seemed too terribly proud of his accomplishment.

...other than that, I think that video is a prime example of a nut-job production that only shows evidence to support it's claims, and suffers from extreme over simplification. I hate how it's constantly trying to play on people's emotions; I mean, what the hell is the point in ending all of that with Kennedy's assassination?

Last edited by GSKNIGHT; 03/19/2007 at 06:32 PM.
GSKNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/19/2007, 06:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Chalk City Bitch

Vehicle: '11 Hyundai Sonata SE
Shelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club existsShelly is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSKNIGHT View Post
...other than that, I think that video is a prime example of a nut-job production that only shows evidence to support it's claims, and suffers from extreme over simplification. I hate how it's constantly trying to play on people's emotions; I mean, what the hell is the point in ending all of that with Kennedy's assassination?
To lead into the next conspiracy theory video?
Shelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/20/2007, 08:24 AM   #16 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 T/A, '12 Regal GS
NHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by all
*Sigh* I hope we're not going to see a bunch of topics now about how "eye-opening" Loose Change is too...
NHRATA01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/20/2007, 10:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
Bears

Vehicle: BMW 335i
rummy seems to be well-liked by allrummy seems to be well-liked by allrummy seems to be well-liked by allrummy seems to be well-liked by allrummy seems to be well-liked by allrummy seems to be well-liked by allrummy seems to be well-liked by allrummy seems to be well-liked by allrummy seems to be well-liked by allrummy seems to be well-liked by allrummy seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to rummy
Quote:
Originally Posted by XwP1ayawX View Post
Because the United States had taxpayers contribute 137 billion dollars to the project rather than invest that in something worthwhile instead of an ego boost.
Ouch!
rummy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/20/2007, 10:54 AM   #18 (permalink)
V8 > 3G

Vehicle: racecar
skinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to skinnyGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRATA01 View Post
*Sigh* I hope we're not going to see a bunch of topics now about how "eye-opening" Loose Change is too...
just watched that yesterday. some very good info in that video
skinnyGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/20/2007, 10:56 AM   #19 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse RS
W1ld F1re has a few friends hereW1ld F1re has a few friends hereW1ld F1re has a few friends hereW1ld F1re has a few friends hereW1ld F1re has a few friends hereW1ld F1re has a few friends hereW1ld F1re has a few friends hereW1ld F1re has a few friends hereW1ld F1re has a few friends here
Send a message via AIM to W1ld F1re
http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/NOT_faked/

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast23feb_2.htm
W1ld F1re is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/20/2007, 11:57 AM   #20 (permalink)

NHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by allNHRATA01 seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyGT View Post
Not if you're an engineer.
Old 03/20/2007, 12:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
suve

Vehicle: 01'Eclipse GT
neelapala : who are you?
The video did present an interesting and a compelling argument.
I do agree that NASA could have done better with the technology and the money to provide us better footage, not lame ass, sub par, standard def footage.
With the amount of light that was present they could've gotten great footage.
neelapala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/20/2007, 12:17 PM   #22 (permalink)

_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to _OBX_3g_
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyGT View Post
What exactly is this Loose change video? Haven't heard of it.
_OBX_3g_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/20/2007, 12:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt

Vehicle: 2001 Spyder GT (silver)
MarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by many
Quote:
Originally Posted by XwP1ayawX View Post
I have a feeling that the Vikings, Spaniards, and Portugese used to think the exact same thing.... back when the world was actually flat.

We wont know what is of value out/up there until we actually go looking.
MarkSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/20/2007, 02:34 PM   #24 (permalink)

Vehicle: EclipseGT V6
Nokturnal629 : who are you?Nokturnal629 : who are you?Nokturnal629 : who are you?Nokturnal629 : who are you?
Just finished watching all videos. IMO the whole thing was a hoax!!!!
Nokturnal629 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/20/2007, 02:46 PM   #25 (permalink)

_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular_OBX_3g_ should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to _OBX_3g_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal629 View Post
Just finished watching all videos. IMO the whole thing was a hoax!!!!
Yeah? I think the whole conspiracy theory is all just a conspiracy.
_OBX_3g_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/20/2007, 02:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
I hate stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC[Spyder]GT View Post
I have a feeling that the Vikings, Spaniards, and Portugese used to think the exact same thing.... back when the world was actually flat.

We wont know what is of value out/up there until we actually go looking.
I completely agree. The problem here is that they DIDN'T go there, they "invested" 137 billion dollars in nothing but a big scandle. Approx. 8 billion went to NASA, and the rest was funded by the government. Now if we actually HAD gone up there and done something, then it would have been used in the proper fashion, but imagine what 137 billion dollars could have done for our economy had it not been turned into "Monopoly money". I doubt it cost that much money to make a few knock off pictures and some shitty video
Old 03/20/2007, 04:06 PM   #27 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse RS
W1ld F1re has a few friends hereW1ld F1re has a few friends hereW1ld F1re has a few friends hereW1ld F1re has a few friends hereW1ld F1re has a few friends hereW1ld F1re has a few friends hereW1ld F1re has a few friends hereW1ld F1re has a few friends hereW1ld F1re has a few friends here
Send a message via AIM to W1ld F1re
There are plenty of links to dispute all of their so-called "evidence" that the moon landing was a hoax.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html
http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/

Do you need me to link more?
W1ld F1re is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/20/2007, 04:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
I Wangs

Vehicle: duh
Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.Anus is clearly one sexy bitch.
I didn't watch the youtube version but I did see the show on discovery. there show did a pretty good job of countering every claim except one. the part about the rocket engines not blowing away the dust on the moon surface. that was pretty obvious and they only glanced over that part. and what they did say didn't make sense either.

Anus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/20/2007, 05:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Suby Slider

Vehicle: White 09 WRX MulletWagon
cszink seems to be well-liked by allcszink seems to be well-liked by allcszink seems to be well-liked by allcszink seems to be well-liked by allcszink seems to be well-liked by allcszink seems to be well-liked by allcszink seems to be well-liked by allcszink seems to be well-liked by allcszink seems to be well-liked by allcszink seems to be well-liked by allcszink seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to cszink
"We've all known for sometime now that the moon is made of blue cheese. Now if it were made of Bar-b-que spare ribs, would ya eat it?"
"I would! I'd have seconds!"
cszink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/20/2007, 05:38 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _OBX_3g_ View Post
What exactly is this Loose change video? Haven't heard of it.
Its the internet video created by 18 year old film students with no engineering background who insist the WTC came down by controlled demolition because the towers didn't tip over in the same means as a tree when someone yells "timber".
Old 03/21/2007, 04:33 PM   #31 (permalink)
TE
Fear my erep power

Vehicle: 00 GT/2013 Genesis
TE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFOTE Really needs to MTFO
Send a message via AIM to TE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRATA01 View Post
TO fucking late some other idiot posted about that
TE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/22/2007, 08:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
(b)org banugee

Vehicle: 2008 Mazdaspeed 3
citm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to citm2000
I've seen all the conspiracy stuff over and over. It's always the same, and it's all been properly refuted over and over. I can't believe anyone still believes any of it.

To be sure, telescope technology has improved to the point where we can see the garbage left behind by the landers.

As for why we spent the money -- it was all a carefully orchestrated plan, one that involved space spending, military spending, funding (and sometimes fighting in) proxy conflicts, etc. The point was to out-spend the Soviets until their entire economy collapsed like the ship-shod, termite-infested hovel that it was. It sure beat the alternative. For decades, a cornerstone of communist theory was that a fight to the death with non-communists was not only inevitable, but desirable. It was Kruschev's withdrawal from this view, and his push towards peaceful coexistance that was largely responsibly for the Sino-Soviet split. Communist firebrand Mao Zedong accused him of being a "revisionist", and continued to preach the dogma of conflict. Of course the "revisionism" didn't stop the Soviets from continuing to threaten us, which is why the fight had to go on. I'd call it money well spent.
citm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in