Ever feel like the Eclipse missed the bandwagon? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > The Lounge

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03/19/2007, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
400 lb-ft @ 2000 > *

Vehicle: 2004 Pontiac GTO
SilverBullet : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to SilverBullet
Ever feel like the Eclipse missed the bandwagon?

As I sit here, looking over the specs on the new 08' Lancer, I can't help but feel a little jealousy in a sense. I mean, Mitsu is starting to bring out some nice and technologically current pieces of equipment like the CVT 6spd trans with paddle shifters, new entertainment sys with internal hard drive, all new aluminum engines, more convenience features and such. Yet all of this tech is being put into the SUV and the lowest model Lancer.

Does it ever seem to any of you all that the flagship coupe of this company never gets the cool things it seems like it needs. I mean, the 6G75(?) engine in the new 4G is great and all but where are the Eclipse's paddle shifted 6spd trans, or the nice stereo, or even more just convenience items that make the car more appealing in its segment. Hell maybe even some brake or suspension bits that are better. I dunno.

I guess it just feels to me like the Eclipse is being shoved aside by an entry level compact in the same company with more new bits than the Eclipse will ever get. Am I crazy? Or do others believe the same thing?

Maybe I just need to lay off the cheeba........
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03/19/2007, 09:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
WannaB Sexual Banana

Vehicle: 03 Ex
MitsuGTRacing has a few friends hereMitsuGTRacing has a few friends hereMitsuGTRacing has a few friends hereMitsuGTRacing has a few friends hereMitsuGTRacing has a few friends hereMitsuGTRacing has a few friends hereMitsuGTRacing has a few friends hereMitsuGTRacing has a few friends hereMitsuGTRacing has a few friends here
MitsuGTRacing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/19/2007, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
WannaB Sexual Banana

MitsuGTRacing has a few friends hereMitsuGTRacing has a few friends hereMitsuGTRacing has a few friends hereMitsuGTRacing has a few friends hereMitsuGTRacing has a few friends hereMitsuGTRacing has a few friends hereMitsuGTRacing has a few friends hereMitsuGTRacing has a few friends hereMitsuGTRacing has a few friends here
It could use a few more options, but keep in mind the eclipse has been a part of the import enthusiest world for yrs, so why load it up to jack up the price when the target buyer would be changing things anyways...
Old 03/19/2007, 10:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
400 lb-ft @ 2000 > *

Well if you think about it a base GT stickers for like 25k, with a sunroof you are looking at like 28k out the door.

The price has already been jacked up, and the introduction of these things on a lower car shows that it can be done on the cheap
Old 03/19/2007, 10:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sam
Generally Bitter Admin

Vehicle: Not a 3G
Sam has disabled reputation
With the start of the 3rd generation it seems like Mitsubishi ignored the market that could be generated if that car, and now the 4th generation.

Yes the bread and butter for car makers is the four door family sedan, but to make a realistically priced sporty halo coupe would do wonders to get the buyers in the showrooms and get more people to ignore the black stigma Mitsubishi has had these past few years.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/19/2007, 10:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
terribilitalex

Vehicle: 2000 GS
terribilitale : who are you?terribilitale : who are you?terribilitale : who are you?
When i had my hondas people would talk about how there was no aftermarket support for the 3g-and how that was Mitsubishi's fault. but now that I own one and have started to work on it, i was surprised to see the amount of support-obviously not as much as for other platforms.

but it would be nice to see Mitsubishi put more of the new stuff into the eclipse
terribilitale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/19/2007, 11:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
I Deliver Porsches

4G64TT sucks4G64TT sucks
didnt someone post that they were moving away from making the eclipse a "sporty" "tuner" car?
they were trying to make it more "upscale"...
but what they did was totally get rid of most of the "followers"
some stuck around and bought the 3G but then realized that the 3G eclipse was nothign like those before it... and with the 4G not many are still on the badnwagon and with the lancer looking identical to the EVO (since they are the same) many decided to go with that.

so basically i dont think they will give the eclipse line any sort of REAL sporty options anytime soon.
4G64TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/19/2007, 11:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
WannaB Sexual Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G64TT View Post
didnt someone post that they were moving away from making the eclipse a "sporty" "tuner" car?
some stuck around and bought the 3G but then realized that the 3G eclipse was nothign like those before it... and with the 4G not many are still on the badnwagon and with the lancer looking identical to the EVO (since they are the same) many decided to go with that.

so basically i dont think they will give the eclipse line any sort of REAL sporty options anytime soon.
Why would they do that when they have the Galant?
Old 03/20/2007, 12:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Sam
Generally Bitter Admin

Vehicle: Not a 3G
Sam has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G64TT View Post

The 3G started the whole Grand Touring notion, the hard edged 'tuner' is now the EVO; thing is there are people like me who think no matter how fast they can make them, how much they can kick every other cars ass, they are still four door shitboxes.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/20/2007, 03:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Um... Yeah!?

Vehicle: 2006 Acura TL
Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.Glenn is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via ICQ to Glenn Send a message via AIM to Glenn Send a message via MSN to Glenn Send a message via Yahoo to Glenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
Well if you think about it a base GT stickers for like 25k, with a sunroof you are looking at like 28k out the door.
If that's how much you paid for your 3G, you got ripped off.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/20/2007, 02:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
400 lb-ft @ 2000 > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
If that's how much you paid for your 3G, you got ripped off.
No no no, I'm talking about sticker on the new 4G's. I have a 3G GS, hence the avatar, that I got for 19,600 OTD about 3 years ago. I don't think I could even consider paying 27 to 28k for a 4G, because there are many more sporty cars out there for that kind of money that are better.
Old 03/22/2007, 04:10 AM   #12 (permalink)

Vehicle: Silver 00 Eclipse GT
Demitri is similar to TE
Quote:
No no no, I'm talking about sticker on the new 4G's. I have a 3G GS, hence the avatar, that I got for 19,600 OTD about 3 years ago. I don't think I could even consider paying 27 to 28k for a 4G, because there are many more sporty cars out there for that kind of money that are better.
Couldnt agree more. The Eclipse has always been the affordable import sports car. As far as technology look at the vr-4 its got tons of crap that we dont... but at a price. With Performance comes high upkeep as well.
Demitri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/22/2007, 07:36 AM   #13 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 VW GTI
randyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by manyrandyrat is well-liked by many
Quote:
I have several friends with 4G eclipses, and i assure you that none of them walked away paying more than 20,000 for a GT.
randyrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/22/2007, 10:34 AM   #14 (permalink)

Vehicle: '01 Galant GTZ 5sp
OBGTZ : who are you?OBGTZ : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsuGTRacing View Post
Why would they do that when they have the Galant?
I'd take a new Lancer over a 9th Gen Galant any day: it looks better and it's more compact. Same thing I like in my 8th Gen.
OBGTZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/22/2007, 12:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lance Corporal

Vehicle: 04 Cummins 4x4
McLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
The 3G started the whole Grand Touring notion, the hard edged 'tuner' is now the EVO; thing is there are people like me who think no matter how fast they can make them, how much they can kick every other cars ass, they are still four door shitboxes.
Exactly.
McLarenross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > General Chat Forums > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in