Chronicles of the MIVEC 6G75 TURBO AWD Spyder built by PharmEcis - Page 7 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 01/08/2010, 01:55 PM   #361 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
Never ask how much. If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
jaloosk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/08/2010, 02:02 PM   #362 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: '03 6G75T, '98GSX, EVO IX
finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via Yahoo to finesse49ers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloosk View Post
Never ask how much. If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
YES SIR! He didn't say he wanted to try it, but yup that's how the sayin' goes.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:
Whens the car going to be finished with the turbo and everything on it

Quote:
Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it... ;)
finesse49ers is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/08/2010, 02:05 PM   #363 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 eclipse GT
02pearlclipse : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to 02pearlclipse
I would def. lose the big ass tachometer, but to each his own. My opinion is it losses the flow of the dash and its just there. Nice car over all though.
02pearlclipse is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 01/08/2010, 04:18 PM   #364 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02pearlclipse View Post
I would def. lose the big ass tachometer, but to each his own. My opinion is it losses the flow of the dash and its just there. Nice car over all though.
That tach never made it into the car. I haven't seen that tach in close to a year. Actually I'm not even in posession of it but I'm glad you read the whole thread from the beginning.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/08/2010, 04:24 PM   #365 (permalink)
Sapphire

Vehicle: Eclipse 03 GTS
kevin711 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by finesse49ers View Post
I can tell you from personal experience that a stage 1 SDS on a stock GT won't hurt a thing. I know he's your brother and all but he's wrong on this one. The 6G72 internals are forgred from Mitsu. I eventually went to stage 2 but I rebuilt the motor before I did that move. Here's my '01 GT automatic getting dynoed at RIPP with a stage 1 kit. This is on a stock GT motor with 145,000+ miles on it, stock exhaust and OBX headers. That's it. Ah the memories: YouTube - RIPP 3rd Gen 294WHP Eclipse GT Supercharger Stg 1 145k MILES
yeah my brother was just in the detail department and he's not to good with cars. but thanks and at stage one at 294 WHP is all i want out of my eclipse for the moment. Thanks for anwsering my question but i have one more. How much does a normal rebuild cost?
kevin711 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/08/2010, 04:36 PM   #366 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin711 View Post
yeah my brother was just in the detail department and he's not to good with cars. but thanks and at stage one at 294 WHP is all i want out of my eclipse for the moment. Thanks for anwsering my question but i have one more. How much does a normal rebuild cost?
Do you have an automatic or manual and how many miles are on your motor? I probably could've put out 300whp with a motor with way less mileage and I know I would've with an upgraded exhaust and even better headers. The headers are a necessary upgrade for the SDS by the way.

A normal rebuild goes for $4000 or so including labor. That's upgraded pistons, rods, gaskets, any porting and polishing, spark plugs, oil and water pumps, belts, etc.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/08/2010, 07:16 PM   #367 (permalink)

Vehicle: 5 point toes
3GTrooper : who are you?
Quote:
WHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Let me just say it costs a PRETTY PENNY. Seriously though, what I've spent and WILL CONTINUE to spend is because I've been fortunate. The Forced Induction world on a 3G V6 isn't for the average 9-5 guy with a family or for the average high school/college kid. Teenagers coming on here talking about 400, 500, 600 whp don't know what that amount of power will cost them. Shit ain't a game.
well i can tell you that im def not a high school/collage kid and i do have a steady job that pays a great amount for the time i put into it and well once a year for about a year i get sent to a place far far away were i get to save up all my money and get payed dubble what i make...tax free ..but no i was just wondering what the swap cost you so far im thinking about doing the 6g74 swap and borring it out some like pharm did but i dont think i want to go turbo i think i want to do a Individual Throttle body
3GTrooper is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/08/2010, 07:26 PM   #368 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GTrooper View Post
well i can tell you that im def not a high school/collage kid and i do have a steady job that pays a great amount for the time i put into it and well once a year for about a year i get sent to a place far far away were i get to save up all my money and get payed dubble what i make...tax free ..but no i was just wondering what the swap cost you so far im thinking about doing the 6g74 swap and borring it out some like pharm did but i dont think i want to go turbo i think i want to do a Individual Throttle body
That's cool. No shot at you intended. I just wanted to put out there that to do a build like this on this particular platform isn't child's play. You have to have some REAL GOOD stability in life. I'm going to post a breakdown of everything that was done by Greg once the build is done so members will have another guideline and an idea of what it will cost.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/08/2010, 08:03 PM   #369 (permalink)
Sapphire

Quote:
Do you have an automatic or manual and how many miles are on your motor? I probably could've put out 300whp with a motor with way less mileage and I know I would've with an upgraded exhaust and even better headers. The headers are a necessary upgrade for the SDS by the way.

A normal rebuild goes for $4000 or so including labor. That's upgraded pistons, rods, gaskets, any porting and polishing, spark plugs, oil and water pumps, belts, etc.
I have a automatic i have almost 100,000 on the motor. I am getting headers soon and i already have an Greddy Evo II catback. I'm looking at the Ripp Headers Would there be any others that would be better? It will be about 3 months to save up for the SDS so im just trying to get everything in order for it. by the way thank you again for all your help.
Old 01/08/2010, 08:17 PM   #370 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
I have a automatic i have almost 100,000 on the motor. I am getting headers soon and i already have an Greddy Evo II catback. I'm looking at the Ripp Headers Would there be any others that would be better? It will be about 3 months to save up for the SDS so im just trying to get everything in order for it. by the way thank you again for all your help.
The motor oil you use can also help. I use Royal Purple. It's been tested and proven by the car gods to give you a "little" bit more hp and other benefits. The stuff ain't cheap though, goes for $8 a quart. The Greddy Evo II is good, I have that on my Spyder now. If you're gonna go the SDS route then there's no better header than RIPP's longtubes. I have those on the SDS car as well. For the help, your welcome. Helping is no problem. But also do some research, here and on the web. Repforenzo has a real good informative thread about his current SDS.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/08/2010, 08:19 PM   #371 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Vehicle: 01 Gt
Black_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okay
Quote:
3 months is all it will take to get your kit? For a 17 year old you must have a great paying job or you don't go to school.

I'd do as stated above, research. You will probably find that FI isn't the way to go right now.

Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhaust gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway.
Quote:
Money can buy you a race car, but money can't buy you the skill to race it.
Black_out is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/08/2010, 08:45 PM   #372 (permalink)
Sapphire

i graduated early actually when i was 16 =) i work for my father who is a contractor
And i have done some research i just need to read up some more This winter i am going college to become a automotive mechanic and Technician.

Last edited by kevin711; 01/08/2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01/08/2010, 08:53 PM   #373 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
i graduated early actually when i was 16 =) i work for my father who is a contractor
And i have done some research i just need to read up some more This winter i am going college to become a automotive mechanic and Technician.
Nothing wrong with a family business!

Knowledge is power. I hope you enjoy your college experience.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/09/2010, 12:08 AM   #374 (permalink)
Chuck Nasty

Vehicle: stuff
chavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to chavezeclipse Send a message via Yahoo to chavezeclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GTrooper View Post
hmmm. i was thinking about that today. itbs on a 6g74 should yield some nice results. especially with a stage 2 cam then you would have a pretty nice street machine. only thing is you better know how to fabricate them. no one has every successfully put itbs on a 6g72 or 74 as far as i know. ive seen a supra with a 2jz with itbs and nice cams. it actually sounded like a muscle car at low rpms. damn good power though.
hybrid clutch
quiafe lsd
custom 3" intake
halo projectors
evo enkei 17" rims
245/40 g-max
6g74 swap w/UIM/TB
tein s tech kyb agx
cmf headers
poly mounts
evo brakes
UCS tune
custom 2.5" exhaust
csf 2 row radiator
rear strut bar
battery relocated to trunk
22mm rear sway bar
ss brake lines
nice sound system

chavezeclipse is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/09/2010, 04:36 AM   #375 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavezeclipse View Post
hmmm. i was thinking about that today. itbs on a 6g74 should yield some nice results. especially with a stage 2 cam then you would have a pretty nice street machine. only thing is you better know how to fabricate them. no one has every successfully put itbs on a 6g72 or 74 as far as i know. ive seen a supra with a 2jz with itbs and nice cams. it actually sounded like a muscle car at low rpms. damn good power though.

i know that some of the dodge stealth guys were putting itbs on there 6g74 i dont know why we couldnt with a little bit of fab but ya i was talking to some of my soldiers and they think that it would be sick to see a 3g eclipse with one on it i dont think there are many out there if any at all with a itb in there car
Old 01/09/2010, 04:42 AM   #376 (permalink)

double post can someone delete this sorry

Last edited by 3GTrooper; 01/09/2010 at 04:51 AM.
Old 01/10/2010, 05:42 PM   #377 (permalink)
Chuck Nasty

chavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to chavezeclipse Send a message via Yahoo to chavezeclipse
no 3g has every had itbs. although there was someone who made horns and was selling them on here a while back. he never finished though. the list isnt too long but the itbs require loads of fab. you need headers, stand alone (greddy has a good one), larger injectors (id think 300 cc would probably be good on a 72), high flow fuel pump, alot of tuning skills because im sure no one will do it for you, a ported lower intake manifold would do wonders if theres enough to do it, the mounting bracket off an upper intake manifold, CUSTOM made horns(i think about 20 mm each would probably work), then you need to find a way to make throttle plates and a custom throttle linkage, then get some kind of metal netting to put over the horns as your filters. its not too too expensive. costs about as much as a small turbo kit with the same gains. just the fab work is a nightmare.
hybrid clutch
quiafe lsd
custom 3" intake
halo projectors
evo enkei 17" rims
245/40 g-max
6g74 swap w/UIM/TB
tein s tech kyb agx
cmf headers
poly mounts
evo brakes
UCS tune
custom 2.5" exhaust
csf 2 row radiator
rear strut bar
22mm rear sway bar
ss brake lines
nice sound system

Old 01/10/2010, 05:43 PM   #378 (permalink)
Chuck Nasty

ive also honestly never seen a stealth with them either. could you post a link? if you can copy the itb setup then most of the work is done.
hybrid clutch
quiafe lsd
custom 3" intake
halo projectors
evo enkei 17" rims
245/40 g-max
6g74 swap w/UIM/TB
tein s tech kyb agx
cmf headers
poly mounts
evo brakes
UCS tune
custom 2.5" exhaust
csf 2 row radiator
rear strut bar
22mm rear sway bar
ss brake lines
nice sound system

Old 01/10/2010, 05:46 PM   #379 (permalink)
Chuck Nasty

then for some real fun do a small turbo on to it and you would make some nice gains. but i honestly dont know if these motors could handle that. oh i forgot aftermarket rods and pistons. if youre using the 6g74 then just pistons. if a N/A itb setup an 11:1 would be great.
hybrid clutch
quiafe lsd
custom 3" intake
halo projectors
evo enkei 17" rims
245/40 g-max
6g74 swap w/UIM/TB
tein s tech kyb agx
cmf headers
poly mounts
evo brakes
UCS tune
custom 2.5" exhaust
csf 2 row radiator
rear strut bar
22mm rear sway bar
ss brake lines
nice sound system

Old 01/10/2010, 06:45 PM   #380 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GSX
bostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regular
Just looked over this entire thread and the car looks like it has some potential. Still won't touch mine though when the track opens up

Oh yea whenever you have a knock issue on your tuning session, pm me and I'll tell you what you did wrong.
bostonhatcher is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/10/2010, 08:00 PM   #381 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonhatcher View Post
Just looked over this entire thread and the car looks like it has some potential. Still won't touch mine though when the track opens up

Oh yea whenever you have a knock issue on your tuning session, pm me and I'll tell you what you did wrong.
Are you sure? I guess this would be a good time to mention that this car will be AWD too.

About the knock issue if there will be one I'm pretty sure Greg will and knows how to remedy that. I do appreciate the help though.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/10/2010, 08:10 PM   #382 (permalink)

Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
Do we get to know how Greg is going about making it AWD? Greg>knock of any level I imagine. 550 awhp? DAMN FAST.
Silvertune is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/10/2010, 08:23 PM   #383 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
Do we get to know how Greg is going about making it AWD? Greg>knock of any level I imagine. 550 awhp? DAMN FAST.
Don't worry, I'll post with pics of the items collected for the AWD conversion. I already have 1 of the most if not the most important part needed. 550 awhp, shit....you might be seeing 600.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/10/2010, 08:28 PM   #384 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Black_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okay
Quote:
Don't worry, I'll post with pics of the items collected for the AWD conversion.
After you finish it of course.

Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhaust gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway.
Quote:
Old 01/10/2010, 08:30 PM   #385 (permalink)
Resident Asshole

Vehicle: 2g stratus 2g eclipse
PharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to PharmEcis
Quote:
WHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Let me just say it costs a PRETTY PENNY. Seriously though, what I've spent and WILL CONTINUE to spend is because I've been fortunate. The Forced Induction world on a 3G V6 isn't for the average 9-5 guy with a family or for the average high school/college kid. Teenagers coming on here talking about 400, 500, 600 whp don't know what that amount of power will cost them. Shit ain't a game.
PREACH BROTHA!

In regards to #s... I don't care about numbers out of this engine in naturally aspirated format either. This engine was built for boost. It's numbers off boost are going to be less than a stock engine. It's got turbo grind cams in it, it's ported to hell and compression is lower than stock. However, this engine is built like a tank. It's gonna take one heck of a beating once the turbo goes on and at that point, it's gonna make some big numbers.

Boston... We'll see dude, we'll see. No offense, but I've been where you are at with your 3G w/ EVOs years ago. I'm taking Charles car to another level... VR4 style but 500 pounds down in weight and 300 more whp.

Come get some from a vert.

2007 NASA TTR National Champions!
2008 Redline Time Attack Summit Point Unlimited FWD 3rd Place!

FIRST PNP AEM EMS! FIRST 3.8L 6G75 MIVEC SWAP IN THE WORLD!

I sell custom turbo kits for the 3G.

I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter. Im just saying...
PharmEcis is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/10/2010, 08:32 PM   #386 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_out View Post
After you finish it of course.
Oh, but of course sir!!!

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/10/2010, 08:33 PM   #387 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
Boston... We'll see dude, we'll see. No offense, but I've been where you are at with your 3G w/ EVOs years ago. I'm taking Charles car to another level... VR4 style but 500 pounds down in weight and 300 more whp.

Ohhh shit!

Quote:
Old 01/10/2010, 08:35 PM   #388 (permalink)

Steveodotcom1 : who are you?Steveodotcom1 : who are you?
AWD Verts > AWD 4-door sedan

Good luck with it.
Steveodotcom1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/10/2010, 08:38 PM   #389 (permalink)
Resident Asshole

PharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by all
Silvertune: There will be pictures of the parts I produce and that Charles has sourced to perform the swap and how I actually did it. I am not going to write a how to. Charles will have all pictures of the conversion but I will ask him to keep certain ones confidential. Business is business. Either figure it out on your own or pay someone to do it like me. I have great relationships with auto transporters that go around the country.

That fair?

Old 01/10/2010, 08:39 PM   #390 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
PREACH BROTHA!

In regards to #s... I don't care about numbers out of this engine in naturally aspirated format either. This engine was built for boost. It's numbers off boost are going to be less than a stock engine. It's got turbo grind cams in it, it's ported to hell and compression is lower than stock. However, this engine is built like a tank. It's gonna take one heck of a beating once the turbo goes on and at that point, it's gonna make some big numbers.

"Engine built for boost, built like a tank, it's gonna make some big numbers, taking it to another level", awwwwww shit. Them damn O2 simulators need to get here quick so I can get this car back to you so you can do your thing.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/10/2010, 08:49 PM   #391 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveodotcom1 View Post
AWD Verts > AWD 4-door sedan

Good luck with it.
Thanks Steveo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_out View Post
Ohhh shit!
This sounds like something that could be decided at the track in Mechanicsville like they do on Pinks.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/10/2010, 08:51 PM   #392 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Silvertune: There will be pictures of the parts I produce and that Charles has sourced to perform the swap and how I actually did it. I am not going to write a how to. Charles will have all pictures of the conversion but I will ask him to keep certain ones confidential. Business is business. Either figure it out on your own or pay someone to do it like me. I have great relationships with auto transporters that go around the country.

That fair?
I was pretty much thinking the same thing.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/10/2010, 11:35 PM   #393 (permalink)

bostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regularbostonhatcher should be considered a regular
Nevermind on the knock issue. I went back and looked at the pics and it's not near as bad as I thought it was. The camera flash just made it look horrendous.
Old 01/11/2010, 11:00 AM   #394 (permalink)
Sapphire

Old 01/11/2010, 02:28 PM   #395 (permalink)
Resident Asshole

Quote:
Nevermind on the knock issue. I went back and looked at the pics and it's not near as bad as I thought it was. The camera flash just made it look horrendous.
Tcase bumping in the channel?

Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it...

Old 01/11/2010, 03:26 PM   #396 (permalink)

Quote:

No the cylinder hone. The crosshatch is to hold oil. It looked like the hone was way deeper than what it is. If the hone is real deep it'll hold excess oil which has an octane rating of 57 causing knock.

But not being faster than me is still accurate
Old 01/11/2010, 10:17 PM   #397 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Well maybe one day just for bragging rights we'll see.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/11/2010, 10:36 PM   #398 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Quote:
Greg you crazy! Hopefully Kevin the engine and turbo part of the build will be done by March. I ordered 2 O2 simulators on Christmas Eve and them bitches still haven't arrived yet. Once I get those I will be taking the car back to Greg so we could prep the car to pass NC emissions inspection. Once that's done I'll return the car to Greg so he could install the turbo and all the other necessary components. I decided to do the AWD conversion so I'm sure that will take some more time as well. My timeline for completion of everything is June 1st and Greg assured me he could meet that deadline, most likely earlier. It's getting there. I just take it one day at a time.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/11/2010, 11:23 PM   #399 (permalink)
Resident Asshole

Quote:
No the cylinder hone. The crosshatch is to hold oil. It looked like the hone was way deeper than what it is. If the hone is real deep it'll hold excess oil which has an octane rating of 57 causing knock.

From your comments, that leads me to believe your engine is out and disassembled. That means your speed = 0.

From what I know you are still stock VIII turbo aren't you? Heh... seriously the turbo going on Charles car is equivalent to a 42R. You seriously think you are gonna beat him?

Old 01/11/2010, 11:31 PM   #400 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
From your comments, that leads me to believe your engine is out and disassembled. That means your speed = 0.

From what I know you are still stock VIII turbo aren't you? Heh... seriously the turbo going on Charles car is equivalent to a 42R. You seriously think you are gonna beat him?

Hey Greg if you're still on I was thinking of doing another oil change. It's got over 1000 miles on it now. If it's necessary can I start using my Royal Purple 5W-30 again?

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/11/2010, 11:37 PM   #401 (permalink)

Quote:

I haven't touched my car since May when it first came off the jackstands. The only things that have broken are my shifter cables and a power steering belt came off. My car is my daily driver; I have no other car to drive. Still on stock turbo and will be until about April or May. I wanna try to hit mid 11's on the stock turbo. Then it's big turbo time. Seriously you guys have no idea what you're up against.
Old 01/12/2010, 12:18 AM   #402 (permalink)
FeelsGoodToBeGangsta

Vehicle: 2001 GTP
Gangsta_Man has a few friends hereGangsta_Man has a few friends hereGangsta_Man has a few friends hereGangsta_Man has a few friends hereGangsta_Man has a few friends hereGangsta_Man has a few friends hereGangsta_Man has a few friends hereGangsta_Man has a few friends here
I like this dilemma that I see unfolding between the two masters of the 3G.

Turbo AWD V6 vs Turbo I4 AWD Battle 2010
Old 01/12/2010, 12:21 AM   #403 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta_Man View Post

LS1's, 2JZ's, Rb's, SR's, srt-10's, wankels, and many more have fallen to the almighty 4g63. Do you think I'm really scared of the 6g? LOL.

j/k it's gonna be a really fun year.
Old 01/12/2010, 12:25 AM   #404 (permalink)
FeelsGoodToBeGangsta

Vehicle: 2001 GTP
Gangsta_Man has a few friends hereGangsta_Man has a few friends hereGangsta_Man has a few friends hereGangsta_Man has a few friends hereGangsta_Man has a few friends hereGangsta_Man has a few friends hereGangsta_Man has a few friends hereGangsta_Man has a few friends here
Quote:
LS1's, 2JZ's, Rb's, SR's, srt-10's, wankels, and many more have fallen to the almighty 4g63. Do you think I'm really scared of the 6g? LOL.

I am a little biased towards the V6 through
Old 01/12/2010, 12:32 AM   #405 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:

I'm a fan of the almighty 4G63 myself, that's why I recently purchased a 2G GSX. In all seriousness though I wish we could get together and run on the track. I'm curious to see the times that would be produced.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/12/2010, 04:21 AM   #406 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: 01 GT
Pace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by all
it would shock A LOT of people to watch finess and bostons cars running at a track, a car thats generally slow, side by side, running possible sub 11's would be unreal

Pace187 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/12/2010, 08:21 AM   #407 (permalink)
Sapphire

Quote:

i didn't mean to offend you i was just woundering and you do really good work the best with 3g
Old 01/12/2010, 08:24 AM   #408 (permalink)
Sapphire

Quote:
Greg you crazy! Hopefully Kevin the engine and turbo part of the build will be done by March. I ordered 2 O2 simulators on Christmas Eve and them bitches still haven't arrived yet. Once I get those I will be taking the car back to Greg so we could prep the car to pass NC emissions inspection. Once that's done I'll return the car to Greg so he could install the turbo and all the other necessary components. I decided to do the AWD conversion so I'm sure that will take some more time as well. My timeline for completion of everything is June 1st and Greg assured me he could meet that deadline, most likely earlier. It's getting there. I just take it one day at a time.
That will be one bad ass 3G when its done.
Old 01/12/2010, 08:53 AM   #409 (permalink)
Resident Asshole

Kevin, no offense taken. I just like to joke around a lot.

Boston, an EVO I've built has gone up against Buschur Racing and beat David AND Robi from Robi Spec. I have the trophy to prove it. 3/10s of a second faster at Mid Ohio over the self proclaimed DSM and EVO god that is David Buschur with Robi piloting his car. I'm definitely not scurred of you and whatever you can bring, I've gone up against the best in the industry and come out on top! There is a reason I have 2007 NASA NATIONAL CHAMPION in my sig bro!

Oh and for those on the sidelines... I have no ill will towards Boston. I think this is just some friendly smack talking...

Old 01/12/2010, 08:56 AM   #410 (permalink)
Resident Asshole

Oh and I almost forgot!

Both Boston's and Charles car will eventually get PWNT by a silver Stratus.

Old 01/12/2010, 11:12 AM   #411 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Quote:
I decided to do the AWD conversion so I'm sure that will take some more time as well. My timeline for completion of everything is June 1st and Greg assured me he could meet that deadline, most likely earlier.
Awesome! With your AWD swap done by then and some real info on what's needed to do the swap, I'll be able to decide if I'll be keeping the 3g!

Quote:
Oh and I almost forgot!

Keyword "eventually"

Quote:
Old 01/12/2010, 12:08 PM   #412 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:

Quote:

I am a little biased towards the V6 through
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace187 View Post
it would shock A LOT of people to watch finess and bostons cars running at a track, a car thats generally slow, side by side, running possible sub 11's would be unreal
Yeah, if bostonhatcher and I are ever able to arrange a track session it would be classic. I believe he's in Missouri and I'm in New York City so that distance would be the main obstacle. Maybe one day.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/12/2010, 12:10 PM   #413 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Oh and I almost forgot!

Actually I wouldn't have it any other way.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/12/2010, 06:20 PM   #414 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.

Bitter is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/12/2010, 07:20 PM   #415 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
Quote:
...I'm in New York City...
Quote:
...I will be taking the car back to Greg so we could prep the car to pass NC emissions inspection...
Curious; why aren't you doing NY emissions?

|
|
jaloosk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/12/2010, 07:46 PM   #416 (permalink)
Resident Asshole

Work in NY, family in NC I would assume.

Bitter... Fucking awesome dude!

Old 01/12/2010, 07:49 PM   #417 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
there can be only one.

Bitter is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/12/2010, 08:34 PM   #418 (permalink)
Your Reality Check

Vehicle: Y2K GT-P
ICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to ICEMAN99TURBO Send a message via Yahoo to ICEMAN99TURBO
ICEMAN99TURBO is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/12/2010, 10:00 PM   #419 (permalink)
2011's are gay

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GTS 6G75
White Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Seriously you guys have no idea what you're up against.
this is true, after talking with him in person, he really knows his shit and i think he will surprise even the lighting warrior himself^...thats you greg...
Quote:
Yeah, if bostonhatcher and I are ever able to arrange a track session it would be classic. I believe he's in Missouri and I'm in New York City so that distance would be the main obstacle. Maybe one day.
if this ever happens anywhere close to mo then i'm there...if invited..

White Knight is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01/13/2010, 12:06 AM   #420 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
this is true, after talking with him in person, he really knows his shit and i think he will surprise even the lighting warrior himself^...thats you greg...

if this ever happens anywhere close to mo then i'm there...if invited..
It's cool bro. My purpose for this build is to satisfy my personal needs whenever I drive the car. I'm not in competition with no one for the fastest 3G. My goal from the beginning was to achieve just 500whp. I say "just" because I know Chato is trying to achieve 600whp and he actually helped me to the path I'm on now. I use Chato as an example but there are other members who have great builds and the numbers to match. 500whp was the goal. From doing some research on the turbo Greg has chosen I'm 100% sure that I'll surpass that by a good amount. Add the AWD factor in and who knows. I think it's clear that Greg has an agenda with this build, he's taking this personal. bostonhatcher, PharmEcis and I are just talking a little smack but the respect is there. I wouldn't mind racing bostonhatcher, even if I lost I would learn something from it. If it ever were to happen you and any other member are more than welcome to witness it.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides

Tags
awd, beast, built 3.5, dedicated to "silverside", fucking awesome, greg's in beast mode, my pee pee hurts, o m g, the g.o.a.t., the neverending story, v6 turbo kit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in