Nerd's Torched Steel GS - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05/14/2012, 05:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

Vehicle: 04 GS
Nerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okay
Nerd's Torched Steel GS

_WEARING THAT SEATTLE BLUE_

General Information:

Year: 2004
Trim: GS 4g64/auto
Paint code: T34 (Torched Steel)
Bought in 2011 completely stock with 30,000 miles on it.

Exterior:
15% Tint all around
Debadged "GS"
Sonar Headlights
Smoked Signals
1st Generation Black TYC Taillights
Lightly tinted reverse lights
Painted Calipers (gold) and Drums (black)
Painted Front & Rear Emblems (black)
Alloy Fuel Door (powder coated black)
GT Side Skirts
Club3g/Sea-Rious Decals (gold)
Roof Wrapped Gloss Black

Interior:
Carbon Black Razo Shift Knob RA94
Hyundai Tiburon Seats
Planted Seat Brackets
Cobra XRS 9330 Radar Detector
Dynamat Sound Dampening (Doors)
3M Black Brushed Aluminum Vinyl Wrap (Interior Door Trim)
Silver Razo Shift Knob RA93

Wheels/Suspension/Brakes:
18x8 +43 MB Battles Matte Gunmetal
BFGoodrich G-Force Comp A/S 225/40/18
D2 Coilovers
Front & Rear Moog Endlinks
Eibach Rear Camber Kit
Front GT Strut bar
5mm Hubcentric Wheel Spacers
Front Drilled & Slotted Rotors w/ceramic pads
18" Drag DR-33 Wheels
Dunlop Direzza DZ101 225/40R-18
Eibach Pro-kit Lowering Springs

Engine:
Borla Catback Exhaust
K&N Short Ram Intake
Optima Red Top

Stock (save for tint)

With Coilovers

With Borla

With the Woman

Decals

With Sideskirts

Tiburon Seats

COTM May 2014

MB Battles

[/CENTER]

Future mods:
RRE Rear Strut Bar (purchased/waiting for paint and install)
DI Custom Grille (DaniIndoor)
New front bumper (no front emblem or license plate bracket)
Fog lights (purchased/waiting for install)
Rear Disc Conversion (purchased/waiting for install)
Paint Valve cover & Manifold heat shield
Big 3 Upgrade
Double Din Headunit
Speakers & Amp
5k HID kit
Redline Hood QuickLIFT

Maybe mods:
Depo headlights or Retrofits

Last edited by Nerdbird; 08/01/2018 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Updated
Nerdbird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05/14/2012, 05:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Blue Waffle <-Google

Vehicle: Racecar
3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO
Must say. I was impressed. I think you could go a tad lower. Any interior/engine bay shots?
That little old lady sure did take care of it!
3GSpyderGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/14/2012, 05:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
You're doing a good job on the car. Personally, I'm not a fan of all black wheels, because tires (unless they're constantly soaked in tire shine) are dull against glass black. But like I said, good job.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05/14/2012, 05:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

Nerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GSpyderGT View Post
I think you could go a tad lower. Any interior/engine bay shots?
That little old lady sure did take care of it!
ya I agree. I'm going to keep it in mind, and maybe in the next year drop it a little more. Didn't think to snap pics of the engine, will try to post some soon. and no kidding! She was sweet too, so dealing with her was a treat. i got really lucky finding her on craigslist.
Old 05/14/2012, 05:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
You're doing a good job on the car. Personally, I'm not a fan of all black wheels, because tires (unless they're constantly soaked in tire shine) are dull against glass black. But like I said, good job.
ive noticed that too. was really close to getting something with a machined lip, but in the end got a good deal on those dr33s. thanks chad.
Old 05/14/2012, 07:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Electrify

Vehicle: 2001 Black Eclipse GT
grfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by all
You're welcome man . Great start! I wish my 3g Had low miles like that. I like the color of the car.

With a ww lip and GT sideskirts, that would make it even more nice.

Last edited by grfft3r; 05/14/2012 at 08:15 AM.
grfft3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/14/2012, 07:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
You're welcome

Vehicle: 03 Summit White GTS
KidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends here
I have about 100K more miles on my clock than you

I like what I see so far. Based on the title, I was expecting a monstrous rice bucket. But I was pleasantly surprised. I like those wheels. Could go a little lower though, that's for sure.
I love the knowledge that this forum provides, glad you're using it wisely
KidKobe210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/14/2012, 08:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GS-T
bwracing00 : who are you?bwracing00 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to bwracing00 Send a message via Yahoo to bwracing00
clean looking car she took good care of it. always been a fan of this color and hell 30k miles cant beat that.
Custom Body Kit
18" HP evo lightning
Custom skyline taillights
Carbon Fiber interior

bwracing00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/14/2012, 08:53 AM   #9 (permalink)

Vehicle: 08 S80, 06 M5
lyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okay
Looks really good. Mind me asking the cost?
lyonstl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/14/2012, 08:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
White Wheels Club

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GS
rlvers : who are you?rlvers : who are you?
Send a message via Skype™ to rlvers
Very nice. Like the wheels with that color
rlvers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/14/2012, 08:57 AM   #11 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Mitsubishi eclipse gt
Jigsaw : who are you?Jigsaw : who are you?Jigsaw : who are you?Jigsaw : who are you?Jigsaw : who are you?
Send a message via MSN to Jigsaw
Looks good nerdbird! Clean and simple

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Jigsaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/14/2012, 09:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Vehicle: YOUR MOM
rsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to rsingh12
Not bad man. I wish you went with bronze wheels though. Super clean, I hope you keep it that way

rsingh12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/14/2012, 09:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Pshyc

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GTS
3g_bishi seems to be okay3g_bishi seems to be okay3g_bishi seems to be okay3g_bishi seems to be okay3g_bishi seems to be okay3g_bishi seems to be okay3g_bishi seems to be okay3g_bishi seems to be okay
nice car man very clean!! Is it a 5 speed
3g_bishi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/14/2012, 09:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/

Vehicle: 06 350z MT
Red Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regular
Pretty nice 3G you got there, but that front plate holder looks hideous.

I like where this one is going.
Red Sun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/14/2012, 10:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Vehicle: 2003 GS Manual
Drewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by all
Looks good man keep it up
Drewski0523 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/14/2012, 01:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by grfft3r View Post
You're welcome man . Great start! I wish my 3g Had low miles like that. I like the color of the car.

With a ww lip and GT sideskirts, that would make it even more nice.
I love the color as well, it changes in the light. Sometimes blue, green, or purple. I actually don't know the name of it, but I think the code is T34. Which I don't remember seeing on the color list on the faq, so it might be on the rare side. I've only seen one other, and that was on here. and I think that guy is long gone now. Sideskirts and lip would be great, but I might wait until my paint starts to go before I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKobe210 View Post
I have about 100K more miles on my clock than you

I like what I see so far. Based on the title, I was expecting a monstrous rice bucket. But I was pleasantly surprised. I like those wheels. Could go a little lower though, that's for sure.
I love the knowledge that this forum provides, glad you're using it wisely
haha, ya I would imagine most of our cars now would some have miles on them! That redheaded granny I bought it from probably just took it to the shops. Lucked out for real. I've put about 7k on it since August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwracing00 View Post
clean looking car she took good care of it. always been a fan of this color and hell 30k miles cant beat that.
She bought it in Modesto California, and moved up here to washington recently. The only issue I had after I bought it were the tires were dried out to all hell. But I just used that as an excuse to buy new ones hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonstl View Post
Looks really good. Mind me asking the cost?
$7500 cash. believe that! Originally wanted $8k, but I talked them down $500 because of the dent, and guess how much the dent cost to fix? $450.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlvers View Post
Very nice. Like the wheels with that color
thanks rivers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
Looks good nerdbird! Clean and simple
thanks! trying to be tasteful on this. It's easy to go crazy so I'm teaching myself to hold back lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsingh12 View Post
Not bad man. I wish you went with bronze wheels though. Super clean, I hope you keep it that way
Oddly enough that crossed my mind. But now with thinking about painting my calipers, I was considering going with a bronze/copper look. Do you think that would work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3g_bishi View Post
nice car man very clean!! Is it a 5 speed
Unfortunately no, Auto. Kills me too, because I wish I could just throw it into fifth at times. But at the price and with the miles it has on it, I wasn't complaining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sun View Post
Pretty nice 3G you got there, but that front plate holder looks hideous.
Ya I know. One of my best friends is a cop, so I'm going to run it by him and see what I can get away with, maybe throw it in the grill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski0523 View Post
Looks good man keep it up
will do!
Old 05/14/2012, 01:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 GT Spyder
KreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends hereKreepyZeke has a few friends here
Very clean car, congrats!

I'd address the front plate with one of these
Amazon.com: Show N Go License Plate Holder: Automotive

I also think you should do a rear disk conversion asap. Drums are

| Evo STS | RRE MTL/SynchroShift Mix | Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings | smoked corners | 18x8" SA67 knock-off wheels | Kumho Ecsta 4X 225/40 | '03 Bumper conversion | Mochi Spyder Bar | Dual Halo Single Projectors | 4300k Slim-line HID |
KreepyZeke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/14/2012, 02:16 PM   #18 (permalink)

lyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okaylyonstl seems to be okay
You should have tried talking down even more. From my experience, people selling 3gs budge quite a bit. Paid 3100 for mine with 89k miles, but then commented on gas prices and the guy gave me back 100 bucks lol. Originally he wanted 4500. Yours is a very beautiful car though, and I would much rather prefer your color over my silver.
Old 05/14/2012, 02:20 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreepyZeke View Post

You see the one that runs on remote? o.o Would be pretty sweet, because if you get pulled over and your plate is stowed below, likely to get ticketed, but if you have that remote with you you can just push to button to make it appear and remain ticket free (for license plate purposes)
Old 05/14/2012, 02:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Protect this house

Vehicle: Yes
ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Nice!
ccarrillo717 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/14/2012, 02:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreepyZeke View Post

very cool! never seen those before. and yes, i agree on the drums... but I've never done something like that before so I might wait until my brother in law comes back from air force training so he can help me (he used to be a mechanic for the army and mentioned the conversion also...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonstl View Post
You should have tried talking down even more. From my experience, people selling 3gs budge quite a bit. Paid 3100 for mine with 89k miles, but then commented on gas prices and the guy gave me back 100 bucks lol. Originally he wanted 4500. Yours is a very beautiful car though, and I would much rather prefer your color over my silver.
oh I know for sure I could have talked them down more. Unfortunately I SUCK at bartering and they went with my first offer haha. I knew as soon as I asked that I cocked up.
Old 05/14/2012, 02:58 PM   #22 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T
Centurin seems to be okayCenturin seems to be okayCenturin seems to be okayCenturin seems to be okayCenturin seems to be okayCenturin seems to be okay
Nice write up. Keep up on maintenance and you should have that car for a good while.
Centurin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/14/2012, 03:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Vehicle: 2003 GS Manual
Drewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by all
The drum swap isn't the hardest thing to do, there are plenty of resources on here to help with it. So what are the future plans?
Drewski0523 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/15/2012, 12:29 AM   #24 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

rsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by all
I honestly hate black wheels. I don't care if it has a polished lip or not, I hate them. So I would rather you have the wheels bronze and the calipers color matched to your car or maybe white

Old 05/15/2012, 12:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

Vehicle: 01' Eclipse Spyder GT
Blue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski0523 View Post
...So what are the future plans?
^this
Great pickup! Welcome

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Blue0588 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/15/2012, 01:53 AM   #26 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 RS
ClOsEr15 : who are you?ClOsEr15 : who are you?ClOsEr15 : who are you?ClOsEr15 : who are you?
car looks good.. don't see many 3gs this color, at least I dont.

Only downfall of having black wheels... keeping the tires clean/tire wet so the tires dont look so dirty, and make the wheels stick out like a sore thumb

looks good though!
ClOsEr15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/15/2012, 09:50 AM   #27 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/

Vehicle: 06 350z MT
Red Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClOsEr15 View Post
car looks good.. don't see many 3gs this color, at least I dont.

Only downfall of having black wheels... keeping the tires clean/tire wet so the tires dont look so dirty, and make the wheels stick out like a sore thumb

looks good though!
This so much, I originally liked my wheels black but I have grown to hate them. Should've gotten some white one's
Red Sun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/15/2012, 03:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

so is that the general consensus then? bronze type wheels? maybe I could use these as a winter set...

I think the next thing up, will be putting a short ram in. speaking of, heres a shot of my interior and under the hood.

trying to keep it clean.

nothing special, but hey, even the battery cover is tip top.

Last edited by Nerdbird; 08/02/2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05/15/2012, 04:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Short ram sounds so good on the 4 cyl I have a K&N one in mine. Get some XXR 527s in bronze or gold

Old 05/15/2012, 08:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

Quote:
Short ram sounds so good on the 4 cyl I have a K&N one in mine. Get some XXR 527s in bronze or gold
Good to hear. I'll look into one. As well as those rims.
Old 05/15/2012, 10:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Old 05/16/2012, 01:20 AM   #32 (permalink)
King of Rice!!

Vehicle: 2013 Focus ST
Lil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by many
Dash looks nice, I'm jelly.
Lil Mitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/16/2012, 10:18 AM   #33 (permalink)
more guinness

Vehicle: 03 GS(pos in disguise)
wanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends here
Really love this color, and that uncracked dash is looking pretty damn sexy too !
Old 05/16/2012, 02:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

where exactly does the dash normally crack at? like on the passenger side?
Old 05/16/2012, 02:49 PM   #35 (permalink)
Blue Waffle <-Google

Vehicle: Racecar
3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdbird View Post
where exactly does the dash normally crack at? like on the passenger side?
Any and every where on top or the sides. Lol
3GSpyderGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/16/2012, 03:24 PM   #36 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GSpyderGT View Post
Any and every where on top or the sides. Lol
haha gadzooks... stay away from the armor all then? lol.
Old 05/16/2012, 04:02 PM   #37 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Just use a rag to clean off your dash, no shiny shit. Ive had mine for 4 years and just used a swifter duster and a microfiber cloth with some black shoe polish on it.

Old 05/16/2012, 07:01 PM   #38 (permalink)
It's too cold here

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT (Silver)
gemini9 : who are you?gemini9 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdbird View Post
haha gadzooks... stay away from the armor all then? lol.
hmm.... hey what's so bad about armor all? I use armor all. The shiney stuff cuz it's pretty. I also use armor all leather care/protectant stuff. Does this stuff actually hurt your interior? I hope not lol cuz I use it every week.

And yeah.. my dash is cracked too. Right up around the vents under the window. Seems to be a common thing with these cars. But hey, nice ride!
Old 05/16/2012, 07:36 PM   #39 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

The more you use it, the more it will be prone to crack. I have seen people use it in every type of car and its done the same for them

Old 05/16/2012, 08:59 PM   #40 (permalink)
Pee in the sink

Vehicle: 2005 Black GTS
stylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-widestylez is recognized club-wide
Kudos, you've done a great job with it's early evolution. In my opinion, it's very difficult to find the perfect wheels for this color. Black, as mentioned above, doesn't contrast well against dry/dirty tires. Silver/polished does, but can be kind of "blah". Bronze would be interesting, I don't recall seeing that color combination before. I'm not normally one for color matching wheels, but it might be a good option for your car, just food for thought. My only other gripe would be a slightly more aggressive drop. The inch/half was exponentially better than stock, but IMO it could use maybe another half inch there to close that gap a little more.

Otherwise I absolutely love it. Can't wait to see it progress.

stylez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/16/2012, 09:05 PM   #41 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse RS
andrzejluko : who are you?andrzejluko : who are you?
Send a message via Skype™ to andrzejluko
Loving it looking forward to see what you make of it

"Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric." -bertrand russell
andrzejluko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/16/2012, 10:18 PM   #42 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

I just thought of it, polished wheels will look sick on this color

Old 05/17/2012, 01:38 AM   #43 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini9 View Post
hey what's so bad about armor all?
Sucks because I bought some armor all a while ago, and only used it twice before reading on here that people were noticing a lot of cracking after using it. I've stayed away from it ever since just to be safe. and thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez View Post
Black, as mentioned above, doesn't contrast well against dry/dirty tires. Silver/polished does, but can be kind of "blah". Bronze would be interesting, I don't recall seeing that color combination before.
Does it help that I live in Washington, where it's wet out 9 months of the year? JK. When I was thinking of which avenue to take my car, I saw two main choices: Flash or Mean. I thought black rims would be meaner so I went that route. and yes, I agree - lowering it a little more may be in the future.

Quote:
I just thought of it, polished wheels will look sick on this color
k, I'm just throwing this out there... what about a gunmetal grey? Because my fuel door is still that color...
Old 05/17/2012, 09:59 AM   #44 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

I would color match the gas cap, since its only a plastic one. Try a polished wheel or a bronze wheel

Old 05/17/2012, 10:14 PM   #45 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

Quote:
I would color match the gas cap, since its only a plastic one. Try a polished wheel or a bronze wheel
ehh, I kinda like the contrast of the fuel door. If anything I think I would go black.

Here's a weird question, I just bought new wipers. Went with some Trico Flex's. I like the minimalistic look, not as busy as normal wipers. Only problem is they don't sit as flush as the stock blades. They still work fine, but every now and again I see a little streak get through. Is there a preference? Can't remember ever seeing someone ask that before...

Old 05/17/2012, 10:46 PM   #46 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Those are the ones that are supposed to hug the windshield, so maybe they havent contoured yet

Old 05/25/2012, 10:30 PM   #47 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

A couple weeks ago, I missed a turn so I flipped a B into this weird little parking lot. It was really late and dark out (my tint didn't help) and the exit went up a little hill and to the right. I never saw it, but the curb stuck out like a little brat's pouty lip. When I went to exit, I jumped the curb. It was my fault, I was in a hurry to get to my girlfriend's house. Now the passenger side of my front bumper is a little scuffed up. It's nothing I can't live with, but it bothers me so I've been getting estimates for a fix.

But if they paint the bumper, they would have to take the emblem off. So I was thinking about just removing the emblem all together and having them flush out the indention. Quick photoshoop a' loop.
Now:

Later?

I would still have the emblem on the back, so I don't know if that would be weird. I was originally thinking about painting them black so this would be the alternative. Thoughts?
Old 05/25/2012, 11:03 PM   #48 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2005 Eclipse Spyder GTS
logomano : who are you?
cant they just touch that up? why have to repaint whole bumper?
logomano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/25/2012, 11:19 PM   #49 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GS-T
bwracing00 : who are you?bwracing00 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to bwracing00 Send a message via Yahoo to bwracing00
that is the easiest little fix it right below that line i would blend that.
Custom Body Kit
18" HP evo lightning
Custom skyline taillights
Carbon Fiber interior

bwracing00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/25/2012, 11:21 PM   #50 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 eclipse
PaulStone : who are you?PaulStone : who are you?PaulStone : who are you?PaulStone : who are you?PaulStone : who are you?
I actually love the no-emblem look, My 3g is sporting it too.
PaulStone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/25/2012, 11:29 PM   #51 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2004 Eclipse GS
TmiguelT : who are you?
You have made a very good progress on your 3G. I wish my car has the same mileage. I was thinking also in putting some black wheels but i might go with gunmetal or hypersilver. Anyway, kudos to you and keep us updated with more photos !!
TmiguelT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/26/2012, 12:40 AM   #52 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by logomano View Post
cant they just touch that up? why have to repaint whole bumper?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwracing00 View Post
that is the easiest little fix it right below that line i would blend that.
It's a little worse than the picture makes it out to be. There are a couple iddy biddy splits in the plastic that they would have to mend. I too was shocked that they wanted to paint the whole bumper though, but every place I've been to has said the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulStone View Post
I actually love the no-emblem look, My 3g is sporting it too.
Yeah, I'm leaning that way as well. Yours looks good with it off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmiguelT View Post
You have made a very good progress on your 3G. I wish my car has the same mileage. I was thinking also in putting some black wheels but i might go with gunmetal or hypersilver. Anyway, kudos to you and keep us updated with more photos !!
Thanks T! With a black 3G like yours, I would personally go with the gunmetal. But I also just love gunmetal...
Old 05/26/2012, 11:05 AM   #53 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GT
Mr. SoLoDoLo : who are you?
Looks nice and that paint I also like those rims, I am considering getting rims like that for mine. Keep up the good work
Mr. SoLoDoLo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/27/2012, 11:48 AM   #54 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 eclipse
PaulStone : who are you?PaulStone : who are you?PaulStone : who are you?PaulStone : who are you?PaulStone : who are you?
How much did u pay for those DR-33's ?
PaulStone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/27/2012, 12:25 PM   #55 (permalink)
Silver 03 GS

Vehicle: 2010 Infiniti G37x
JPat94 seems to be okayJPat94 seems to be okayJPat94 seems to be okayJPat94 seems to be okayJPat94 seems to be okayJPat94 seems to be okay
What a nice pick-up!! I'm so jealous of your clean, barely worn interior. Can't wait to see what you do with this beauty.
JPat94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/29/2012, 02:00 PM   #56 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. SoLoDoLo View Post
Looks nice and that paint I also like those rims, I am considering getting rims like that for mine. Keep up the good work
Thanks solo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulStone View Post
How much did u pay for those DR-33's ?
Rims plus set of Dunlop's hit me at just under $1300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPat94 View Post
What a nice pick-up!! I'm so jealous of your clean, barely worn interior. Can't wait to see what you do with this beauty.
Ya It's a pain to constantly be picking pine needles off the floor but I think now it's onto intake and exhaust.
Old 05/29/2012, 05:38 PM   #57 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 GTS eclipse
3GTSguy : who are you?
Car looks great, man. i think those black rims look good with the color of the car. Also glad to see someone from the northwest!
3GTSguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/30/2012, 02:05 AM   #58 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GTSguy View Post
Car looks great, man. i think those black rims look good with the color of the car. Also glad to see someone from the northwest!
thanks man, ya lots of people from oregon area around. hopefully we can get an oregon/washington meet going.
Old 05/30/2012, 03:18 AM   #59 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 GS
mitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regularmitsu3g01 should be considered a regular
Looking good and i like your taste. Keep it looking clean.
Old 05/30/2012, 03:50 AM   #60 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

will do matt, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides

Tags
2004 gs, torched steel, washington

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in