New GTS Spyder, Celestial Blue - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07/17/2018, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hey.

Vehicle: 2005 Eclipse GTS Spyder
6g75Dallas : who are you?6g75Dallas : who are you?
New GTS Spyder, Celestial Blue

Haven't made a new Ride thread yet, so I figured I'd go ahead and do so. Found this gem in Sanford, NC for a steal. Only has 52k miles on it. As you can see it's super low, not even 1 finger of wheel gap. I'm probably going to raise it up a little bit, and replace the JDM whatever the hell was put on it previously. It's an absolute blast to drive, I missed having a 3g so much. Came with a brand new top and clutch as well.

It came with some gorgeous neon installed for me underneath! yay! It's already been ripped out.

Current priority is getting 60k maintenance done.

CURRENT MODS
Super lowered by previous owner (Replacement pending)
AEM V2 CAI
Flowmaster Super 44 Delta muffler
Kenwood head unit
Aluminum fuel door in Ink Black
TYC Tails

PLANNED MODS
-Black out front and rear turns
-Some sort of headlight retrofit, I don't like chrome
-Tint the windows
-Debating getting a stock spoiler for it, can't visualize if I want one or not
-Brighter fog lights, HIDs for headlights, brighter reverse lights.
-re-paint bumper (extreme road rash)
-Grillcraft grill for front bumper
-Debadge the rear and swap the front with a CF one.

Keeping the mods simple and mostly cosmetic for now. Using this for my work commute for a while, while my wife uses the SUV. Will be updating as I progress.
Attached Thumbnails
New GTS Spyder, Celestial Blue-img_4118.jpg   New GTS Spyder, Celestial Blue-img_4120.jpg   New GTS Spyder, Celestial Blue-img_4121.jpg   New GTS Spyder, Celestial Blue-img_4124.jpg   New GTS Spyder, Celestial Blue-img_4129.jpg  

New GTS Spyder, Celestial Blue-img_4125.jpg   New GTS Spyder, Celestial Blue-img_4119.jpg   New GTS Spyder, Celestial Blue-img_4122.jpg  

Last edited by 6g75Dallas; 08/11/2018 at 04:43 PM.
6g75Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07/17/2018, 10:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi

Vehicle: 2003 GTS 5sp.
repforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regularrepforenzo should be considered a regular
Looks good!
repforenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/19/2018, 10:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Because Ricecar

Vehicle: 04 GS
Nerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okayNerdbird seems to be okay
Wow. Really nice find. First car I've seen on here with lower miles than mine.
Nerdbird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07/20/2018, 06:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
Welcome. Your plans look very promising. Only suggestions I have is:

1) Catch up on maintenance first. Timing belt, spark plugs, water pump, etc.. before doing anything.
2) Make sure it was lowered correctly and safely. If the previous owner cut springs or put springs on the OEM struts, get rid of that quickly.
3) AEM V2 intake is a good intake in my opinion. There's one for sale in the classifieds section of the forum right now too.
4) When you get an alloy gas cap, have it powercoated. It'll pop well with the black lighting you'll have on the car. When you powercoat it though, make sure the painter does NOT powdercoat inside the spring hole. (Trust me)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/22/2018, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hey.

Blacked out the front and rear turn signal lights today (after replacing the stock yellow front turns with clear turns) came out pretty good. Going to get brighter bulbs in the immediate future. They still shine through just fine now, though.

Will be getting full 60k service done in the next week or so.

Found a pair of black TYC's on eBay, they have lines through them though and I don't like them as much, but we'll see.

Debating on ordering these headlights? I like the look of them but I fear they won't be as nice in person. I prefer dual halos but I'm unable to find any that I like.

https://i.gyazo.com/d13197e8363861ff...f5528272e2.png

Also reached out to txtuning to see if I can get an ecu tune like I had before. Are they still offering that?

Last edited by 6g75Dallas; 07/22/2018 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07/22/2018, 02:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cosmic Turd

Vehicle: 2018 Dodge Challenger
Kaiser : who are you?Kaiser : who are you?
Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiser
Personally I think the Depo projectors are the best looking headlights for these cars, don't know what brands are best for dual halos though. If you'd be in to retrofits, there's a guy on Instagram I've seen do some really beautiful work with custom halos and such. ( https://www.kaizenlighting.com ) Mostly Subaru lights but he did custom projectors/halos for a 3g and it looked cool.
Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/22/2018, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
Personally I think the Depo projectors are the best looking headlights for these cars, don't know what brands are best for dual halos though. If you'd be in to retrofits, there's a guy on Instagram I've seen do some really beautiful work with custom halos and such. ( https://www.kaizenlighting.com ) Mostly Subaru lights but he did custom projectors/halos for a 3g and it looked cool.
Wow, thank you for showing me that guy's work, it's amazing. I might be trying this style of headlight retrofit instead of Halo's. very impressive looking.

Last edited by 6g75Dallas; 07/22/2018 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07/22/2018, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

mrkmssr33 : who are you?
I just put Depos on my GTS and I love the look of the black housing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrkmssr33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/22/2018, 06:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkmssr33 View Post
I just put Depos on my GTS and I love the look of the black housing
That's what I'm going for, a black housing with a lightly smoked out lens cover. Although i'm also debating a color matched housing, especially if I get a projector style similar to the ones at that website above.
Old 08/08/2018, 07:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hey.

Been pretty busy lately, but managed to get some stuff done. Got the AEM V2 CAI that I wanted installed today, big thanks to @G35driver for that one, I love it! Car sounds noticeably different with it on.

Got an aluminum fuel door, just got it back today from getting it powder coated, I went with an ink black and it came out pretty good. For anyone down near Charleston, SC, qwiksilver does good work and they're really friendly.

Currently having headlights built by Kaizen lighting, I'm excited to get them as they're vastly different to anything I've ever had before.

Also found a pair of black TYC's and they're on the way too. Looking forward to getting them on! First pair I've ever owned.
Old 08/11/2018, 04:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hey.

Got my TYC's and the part for my fuel door in the mail today and got them on, snapped some pictures. The TYC's are the type with the lines through it and I'm not a huge fan of that, but I consider it a vast improvement over the chrome ones that were on there previously. I love the fuel door, it really makes the lighting and the color of the car pop by contrast.

Last edited by 6g75Dallas; 08/11/2018 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10/23/2018, 10:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Litre of cola?

Vehicle: 2000 GT SDS
Scottyessink : who are you?
Nice clean stockish ride. Post more pictures. That interior looks absolute MINT
Scottyessink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/09/2018, 12:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Grone : who are you?
Engine looks very clean too !
Grone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Members Rides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in