Good and bad salvage yards - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09/04/2014, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 eclipse
2000gsx needs to be reminded to breathe.
Exclamation Good and bad salvage yards

If you live in NY and have had any good or bad experiences with salvage yards please share. Include the name, location, and good/bad experience please. Only post first hand accounts no "my friends dad went here" stories please. I have quite a few experiences I will share tomorrow thanks.
2000gsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09/05/2014, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

To start this thread off Albany auto parts in Albany NY is a chop shop in the hood. I called two days in a row for the right rear knuckle, trailing arms, and right front blinker for a 2000 eclipse. First day on the phone was fine, 2nd day this guy was a complete asshole to me when I was giving him shit about whether he had the rear knuckle for the left or right side. I finally get a call back saying they have all my parts out front ready for pick up. I get there the guy who was an asshole was the owner,then he goes yeah we don't have your parts out hear you have to go get them. I go back with another employee who will not stop talking about how much of a jerk off his boss is and spend 3 hours digging through piles of shit not labeled and just thrown together. I find the knuckle but its for a 2007 eclipse and for the left side. The one trailing arm I found was bent and had a crack at the weld seem and was halfway seperated. I go back to the main counter covered in grease, tell the owner he didn't have any of my shit and then get told I can have it shipped to his place for an extra $145. Avoid this place they have no concept of numbers or right or left apparently.

Last edited by 2000gsx; 09/05/2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09/05/2014, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
V8 > 3G

Vehicle: racecar
skinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to skinnyGT
car-parts.com is your friend.
skinnyGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09/05/2014, 12:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

I know that ordering offline is probably best but I still like to go to "pick and pulls" or salvage yards. Sometimes you find a yard or two that's a real hidden gem there's this little hick yard around me that's hidden real well I found a 98 eclipse with a 16g evo 8 turbo, hks bov, greddy wastegate, srt 4 intercooler and a whole bunch of other shit that I scooped for $500. I am just tryen help people out so they can find good deals and dont piss there money away. Believe it or not amazon has a bunch of stuff on there also, I found probably more than half of the stuff I am using for my evo motor swap on amazon.
Old 09/06/2014, 10:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
V8 > 3G

Vehicle: racecar
skinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by allskinnyGT seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to skinnyGT
Did you even bother going to my link? Obviously not or you'd realize that it lists every part that every salvage yard around you has on hand...
skinnyGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in