Good Read.Nice little Story about my car. - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Regional Forums > MidWest

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07/04/2011, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse
bpballr04 needs to be reminded to breathe.
Good Read.Nice little Story about my car.

Ok, so last week I went to the movie theater for a 4:50 show. Got out, locked the doors and went inside. After returning to my car after the show was over, someone had been in my car. No Windows smashed or forced entry. They had taken my radar detector, 2 pair of Oakley’s, some cologne, and a broken IPod. The only logical explanation for my doors being unlocked would be that sometime during the movie, the button got pressed while in my pocket. I was mostly upset about the radar and Oakley’s and the fact that a foreign person was in my car. I had went inside to tell the police officer, who suppose ably patrols the theater, that he should watch the parking lot tonight because there are cars getting things stolen out of them. He asked me if I wanted to report the theft, and I said no because you never find the person anyways. As I was walking back out to my car I was walking behind these kids who were laughing and talking about something and had a little Nike bag on his back and they were heading into a movie. I didn’t think too much of it, so I left. So, I had this idea to go home and return to the theater with my buddy who also has a 3g and a Jeep. We took his 3g and parked it in almost in the same spot as where my car was, with the doors unlocked and items on the dash worth stealing. I just had a feeling that whoever did this the first time, would try again sometime that night, and I was willing to wait all night. So we parked the jeep just far enough away to keep an eye on his car. After about 2-3 hours the same kids that I was suspicious about earlier started walking towards his car and started to get in it and we snatched them and I asked him if everything in his bag was his and he didn’t have anything to say. I opened the bag and seen my stuff in it. My first thought was that I wanted to beat his ass, but him being 14 and I being 25 didn’t seem like a good idea. So my buddy made sure they didn’t go anywhere and I went in and got the cop. The cop couldn’t believe we caught them. Anyways, after inspecting my items, my Oakley’s were scratched. This was the only real damage to any of my items. The cop asked me how much everything was worth. I asked him if anything was damaged in my car can I claim it and make them pay. He said yes I can. So if you were me, would you claim the already broken IPod (even though they didn’t know it was broken)? I was also thinking about blaming them for my cracked dash from putting too much pressure on it while taking the detector….haha..

So I just wanted to tell my story and see what all you guys would claim because I’m supposed to get a number and call the detective back so that they can call whoever is responsible for them to pay me or to take the case to court?
bpballr04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07/04/2011, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Hell yes, press charges and sue their parents in small claims court.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/04/2011, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chuck Nasty

Vehicle: stuff
chavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to chavezeclipse Send a message via Yahoo to chavezeclipse
get all you can. theft should not be taken any more lightly than any other crime.
hybrid clutch
quiafe lsd
custom 3" intake
halo projectors
evo enkei 17" rims
245/40 g-max
6g74 swap w/UIM/TB
tein s tech kyb agx
cmf headers
poly mounts
evo brakes
UCS tune
custom 2.5" exhaust
csf 2 row radiator
rear strut bar
battery relocated to trunk
22mm rear sway bar
ss brake lines
nice sound system

chavezeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07/04/2011, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

See, that's what I thought, but my wife doesn't think so...haha..But, should the parents have to pay for their kid being a dumbass? That's the only problem I'm having. I called the local Mitsubishi parts department and they told me $1000 for a piece of fucking plastic (dashboard). Craziness.
Old 07/04/2011, 08:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
YES, they're resposible for their dumbass children till they're 18. They should have been better parents, now they'll pay the price.

Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/04/2011, 09:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Chuck Nasty

Vehicle: stuff
chavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to chavezeclipse Send a message via Yahoo to chavezeclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
YES, they're resposible for their dumbass children till they're 18. They should have been better parents, now they'll pay the price.
hybrid clutch
quiafe lsd
custom 3" intake
halo projectors
evo enkei 17" rims
245/40 g-max
6g74 swap w/UIM/TB
tein s tech kyb agx
cmf headers
poly mounts
evo brakes
UCS tune
custom 2.5" exhaust
csf 2 row radiator
rear strut bar
battery relocated to trunk
22mm rear sway bar
ss brake lines
nice sound system

chavezeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/04/2011, 09:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Vehicle: RIP: 03 GT 5-speed
3Gspeed : who are you?3Gspeed : who are you?3Gspeed : who are you?3Gspeed : who are you?3Gspeed : who are you?
I wouldnt think the car would unlock if you hit the button from inside the theatre.... but youre right i dont see how it could have been unlocked otherwise. I would say make them pay for whatever you can, the parents would rather pay for their kids crimes then have someone beat the crap out of them for stealing stuff
3Gspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/04/2011, 09:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: '03 6G75T, '98GSX, EVO IX
finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via Yahoo to finesse49ers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Gspeed View Post
I wouldnt think the car would unlock if you hit the button from inside the theatre.... but youre right i dont see how it could have been unlocked otherwise. I would say make them pay for whatever you can, the parents would rather pay for their kids crimes then have someone beat the crap out of them for stealing stuff
Yes sir that car would unlock if he hit the button from inside the theater and he's in close enough range. I'm always careful not to sit on my keys when I'm not in visual range of my car for this very scenario.

bpballr04 good for you that you caught the thieves and recovered your items and I agree with everyone else to go after these pricks.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:
Whens the car going to be finished with the turbo and everything on it

Quote:
Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it... ;)
finesse49ers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/04/2011, 10:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Rider

Vehicle: 2001 Jeep WJ
RULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club exists
Same thing happened to my Spyder.

Doors locked, alarm on, top up. Came outside and my radar detector and some cds were gone. The only thing I had in there worth taking. Alarm still on, doors still locked.

I still am mystified by that.

Things I live for - Coffee and garlic.

RULINGCHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/04/2011, 10:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Well the ironic thing is that I have one of those two way page remotes where the remote will sound an alarm if my car alarm is going off and it has like a mile long range. Very well worth it, except for when it does what it does. Oh and I just read in my alarm manual that I can lock the key chain so that I can't accidentally press buttons.....yea....you can roast me now..haha

thanks for the responses lets me know what the right thing to do is by pursuing further action on these assholes.
Old 07/04/2011, 10:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RULINGCHAOS View Post
Same thing happened to my Spyder.

Doors locked, alarm on, top up. Came outside and my radar detector and some cds were gone. The only thing I had in there worth taking. Alarm still on, doors still locked.

I still am mystified by that.
Wow, that is pretty crazy. Kalamazoo huh? I don't live too far from there. I have a buddy I know that lives in Kalamazoo. I like to hang out there.
Old 07/04/2011, 10:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesse49ers View Post
Yes sir that car would unlock if he hit the button from inside the theater and he's in close enough range. I'm always careful not to sit on my keys when I'm not in visual range of my car for this very scenario.

bpballr04 good for you that you caught the thieves and recovered your items and I agree with everyone else to go after these pricks.
Thanks, and yea I can't believe they fell for the trap, same car, same spot, doors unlocked and items in clear view. Suckers!!
Old 07/04/2011, 10:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

I'm thinking a nice new exhaust system and tires out of the deal.
Old 07/04/2011, 10:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
Kids need to learn that there are consequences for their actions. I would nail their asses to the wall. Doing anything else is just letting them know they can do it again.

|
|
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/04/2011, 11:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloosk View Post
Kids need to learn that there are consequences for their actions. I would nail their asses to the wall. Doing anything else is just letting them know they can do it again.
Old 08/07/2011, 01:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Vehicle: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE
GTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be new
So what happened? Did you get anything out of it?

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
March 2014 Car of the Month
Sold December 2014
GTmitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/08/2011, 04:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

I went and talked to the detective and she told me she would take care of it, but I haven't heard anything about it since. Still waiting to hear back from the police station.
Old 08/08/2011, 06:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Vehicle: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE
GTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be new
Dude, you need to keep bugging them about it. These kind of cases get tossed to the bottom of the stack if you dont stay persistent.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
March 2014 Car of the Month
Sold December 2014
GTmitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/08/2011, 06:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpballr04 View Post
I went and talked to the detective and she told me she would take care of it, but I haven't heard anything about it since. Still waiting to hear back from the police station.
Call them, every damn day. Make sure they know you want something done about it. Press charges and make sure they'll pay for what they did. I give you props for not beating the shit out of the kids. I know I would have wanted to.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/11/2011, 09:28 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Call them, every damn day. Make sure they know you want something done about it. Press charges and make sure they'll pay for what they did. I give you props for not beating the shit out of the kids. I know I would have wanted to.
Yea, they were 14 though, I really wanted to, but I'm 25, I could of got in big trouble in such a high traffic area, if caught. The cop said that technically that they could charge me with battery, just for grabbing the bag off of his back. Bunch of shit. So I'm kinda scared to even go through with it, but I am. I guess I will have to keep calling them because I though maybe in a couple weeks that I would at least get a note in the mail, but I have received no kind of communication since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Regional Forums > MidWest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in