Minnesota Summer 2012 Meet Thread - Page 2 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Regional Forums > MidWest

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06/28/2012, 02:45 PM   #61 (permalink)

Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
Does it have an IAC pigtail?

Sheez let's see here. We're doing the front end bushings, rear sway bar bushings, motor mount sleeves and now the 74 tb.

Alex this means you can't whine about me taking forever on the 3g anymore because you're officially making the list of distractions.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06/28/2012, 02:47 PM   #62 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Vehicle: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE
GTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be new
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
Alex, I got sonars yesterday but you can just have the tb. I'll bring it to Sears on Friday.

Do your sonars have projectors? Lol i have no use for these damn headlights. Any local boys want them for a retro? The housings are in okay condition, the clear outter lenses just sucks because of hazing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
March 2014 Car of the Month
Sold December 2014
GTmitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/28/2012, 03:30 PM   #63 (permalink)

Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTmitsu View Post
Do your sonars have projectors? Lol i have no use for these damn headlights. Any local boys want them for a retro? The housings are in okay condition, the clear outter lenses just sucks because of hazing.
Bring them tomorrow. My headlights are cracked on top of being Anzos. Replacing them is in the near future.

Old 06/28/2012, 05:55 PM   #64 (permalink)
The Ghost

Vehicle: Turbo 8G Galant
M-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regular
IAC pigtail included.

And yes the sonars have a projector for the low beam. After installing them, idk how I ever lived without projectors. The beam pattern is amazing.
M-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/28/2012, 06:57 PM   #65 (permalink)

What... who has what lights here?

Mmmm. Matt you should bring that tb for sure! I can grab the soldering gun from Ace...
Old 06/28/2012, 08:27 PM   #66 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

GTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be new
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
What... who has what lights here?

Mmmm. Matt you should bring that tb for sure! I can grab the soldering gun from Ace...

I will bring my soldering gun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 06/30/2012, 01:15 AM   #67 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Had a great meet today. Unlike the 4G guys we dont need to whore it out with gaudy pics of our cars all lined up like ricers. We do work, son! My car was under the knife for the better part of the afternoon, getting some TLC from her loving uncle, Justin (aka Silvertune).

Front Motor Mount ready for some Justin sleeve treatment.

Front Sleeve kit. Fits like a charm.

Radical Die Grinder action to the front Mount.

We also did some work on the front sway bar bushings and control arm bushings. Stock replaced with Prothane Poly Solid bushings. Major difference in feeling. I dont know if the stock ones were just SO bad, or if these are just SO good.

The mad scientist at work with the stock Control Arm bushing inner sleeve. This had some sort of wing on it (for whatever reason, maybe Justin can clarify) which made it a bitch to remove.

Drilling out the stock control arm bushings. These were the easiest ones.

Matt (M-Rod) showed up with a box of goodies. Well, mostly a 6G74 Throttle Body with IAC pigtail. That's gonna have to wait for another day.

Tony (MPLS3G) also stopped by with a clean Black '01 GT.

We also modified the stock battery tray by removing the far left lip. This will allow you to move the battery over about an inch. This should come in handy when we swap in the 74 Manifold.

Overall, it was a great meet. Tony, I'm glad you stopped by for a few hours to shoot the shit. Hopefully you learned some things about your car! Let us know if you need any help wrenching on the thing! Just wait until Justin's build is done

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 06/30/2012, 05:45 PM   #68 (permalink)
The Ghost

M-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regular
Hopefully we may have a new member of our MN group or another 3g at the cookout. I spotted this car down the block and left a note on the wiper. Worth a try.

Old 07/02/2012, 10:04 AM   #69 (permalink)

^^ Good call. We need a late model in the crew.

Exhaust is finally done. Like actually done. It's going on come Wednesday since I get the day off work. Have to make a couple heat shields with it but it should be pretty painless since I know it all bolts up and fits perfectly. I still need someone who can weld aluminum so if you guys smell anything go take a look for me because that might be my only hold up at this point.

Matt, you need to get the Prothane FLCA kit and find that rear motor mount bushing. Once you do that it's your turn, we're going to do both of them at the same time and your world will turn upside down.
Old 07/02/2012, 10:08 AM   #70 (permalink)
The Ghost

All in due time. hopefully within the next few weeks.
Old 07/03/2012, 02:45 PM   #71 (permalink)

Look at the FB page for the cookout, that 3g you put that note on Matt is Jamie's GTS that was there last year. She'll be there again at least it appears so.
Old 07/03/2012, 06:56 PM   #72 (permalink)
The Ghost

And this is one of those "duh!" moments. smh
Old 07/03/2012, 07:32 PM   #73 (permalink)

Anyone gonna be rolling this weekend? Looks like I might have a Mustang GT to drive so if anyone wants to come play with me..

Matt that means you specifically. I've wanted to see this comparison since we compared the 3g and galant last year...
Old 07/03/2012, 08:18 PM   #74 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Quote:
Anyone gonna be rolling this weekend? Looks like I might have a Mustang GT to drive so if anyone wants to come play with me..

Matt that means you specifically. I've wanted to see this comparison since we compared the 3g and galant last year...
I work till close on Friday...again. But I have Saturday and Sunday off. Depending on weather, I might want to swap the Trottle Body one of the two days.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 07/03/2012, 08:57 PM   #75 (permalink)
The Ghost

Let's go for it! I was going to bring my SHO out one night this upcoming weekend. Just let me know which night you'll have the Mustang.
Old 07/03/2012, 09:03 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
I work till close on Friday...again. But I have Saturday and Sunday off. Depending on weather, I might want to swap the Trottle Body one of the two days.
Let me know which one you'd like to do.

Quote:
Let's go for it! I was going to bring my SHO out one night this upcoming weekend. Just let me know which night you'll have the Mustang.
I will.
Old 07/03/2012, 10:27 PM   #77 (permalink)
I'm from Poland.

Vehicle: '10 Genesis Coupe
polishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by all
None of you jerks even texted me about the meet!? Jerks!

I'm not on here all the time, cause I drive a slow Hyundai. So text me when shits going down!
polishmafia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/03/2012, 10:30 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
None of you jerks even texted me about the meet!? Jerks!

I'm not on here all the time, cause I drive a slow Hyundai. So text me when shits going down!
You'd drive down to Edina?

I don't believe you.

It was fun though. More where that came from fosho.
Old 07/04/2012, 10:59 AM   #79 (permalink)
The Ghost

Cars & Coffee this Saturday anyone? I finally have a Saturday off.
Old 07/04/2012, 01:49 PM   #80 (permalink)

I'm actually very interested Matt. I've never been to cars and coffee, what would be a plan to go?
Old 07/04/2012, 03:48 PM   #81 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Quote:
I'm actually very interested Matt. I've never been to cars and coffee, what would be a plan to go?

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 07/04/2012, 07:31 PM   #82 (permalink)
The Ghost

It starts early so we can meet up somewhere that morning, probably Justin's since it's on the way. Besides, Chaska/Chanhassen is a direct route from his place.
Old 07/04/2012, 07:37 PM   #83 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Quote:
It starts early so we can meet up somewhere that morning, probably Justin's since it's on the way. Besides, Chaska/Chanhassen is a direct route from his place.
Text me a time.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 07/05/2012, 11:52 AM   #84 (permalink)
The Ghost

Starts at 8. I'm thinking of meeting between 6:45 and 7:00. Leaving at 7 to make sure we get a spot inside.
Old 07/05/2012, 12:13 PM   #85 (permalink)

If you guys want to meet at my place at 6:45 that'd work perfectly.

BTW I'll be out with the Mustang tomorrow night for whoever wants a side by side comparison.
Old 07/05/2012, 02:53 PM   #86 (permalink)
The Ghost

Perfect!

By the way, what year is this Mustang you speak of?
Old 07/05/2012, 03:02 PM   #87 (permalink)

2008 GT with a 5 speed. Has a cold air intake and axle backs (and lots of rice). It's SLOW. I would put money on you to be completely, 100% honest.
Old 07/05/2012, 05:05 PM   #88 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Quote:
2008 GT with a 5 speed. Has a cold air intake and axle backs (and lots of rice). It's SLOW. I would put money on you to be completely, 100% honest.

Slower than a 6g72 with a 74 tb and manifold?

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 07/05/2012, 05:38 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Want to find out?
Old 07/05/2012, 07:40 PM   #90 (permalink)
The Ghost

Quote:
I'm ready to put the hurt on it
Old 07/05/2012, 08:58 PM   #91 (permalink)

I really, really hope you do. It's so damn slow.
Old 07/06/2012, 12:18 AM   #92 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

So, just browsing on the Tearstone site. What should we get for the MN crew C3G stickerz?

Club3G Personalized Stickerz

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 07/06/2012, 12:23 AM   #93 (permalink)

De Wulfe Pak

Or even better yet,

Silvertune and the Gang
Old 07/06/2012, 12:07 PM   #94 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
MSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okay
Quote:
What about slower than an almost completley stock 6g72 with an AEM short ram intake! =D hahaha I feel as though my car goes from 0 to 60 in......eventually. hahahaha

Oh and cars and coffee is that this Saturday...like tomorrow?
MSP3G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/06/2012, 12:10 PM   #95 (permalink)
The Ghost

Yeah its tomorrow. should be a good time.

MNCANDC | The Midwest's Premiere Monthly Car Event
Old 07/06/2012, 12:10 PM   #96 (permalink)

^^^ Yes sir.

Matt you ninja.
Old 07/06/2012, 12:14 PM   #97 (permalink)

MSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okay
I'm down for sure! The location is only about 15 min away from my house or so, depending on how fast I want to drive.
Old 07/06/2012, 12:17 PM   #98 (permalink)

Shweet. Do we have a final plan for this then? You guys meeting at my house? What's the driving arrangement?
Old 07/06/2012, 12:21 PM   #99 (permalink)

Well I probably wont meet at your house because I live right next to the place. But I can meet you in the Target Parking Lot in Chanhassen and then we can caravan to the event. You'll pass right by the Target on Hwy 5.
Old 07/06/2012, 12:39 PM   #100 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Tomorrow is a no-go for me. Gonna do some stuff to the car and heading up to Cabelas in preparation for my vacation in a week. Which reminds me, Justin, type up some directions on that TB SWAP.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 07/06/2012, 01:03 PM   #101 (permalink)

^^
Weak! I bet you wont even wake up until noon anyway!
Old 07/06/2012, 01:21 PM   #102 (permalink)
The Ghost

Target sounds good. meet there around 7:20-7:30?
Old 07/06/2012, 01:23 PM   #103 (permalink)

Sounds good to me. Grab my number from Alex and shoot me a text so that we can connect that morning.
Old 07/06/2012, 01:25 PM   #104 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP3G View Post
^^
Weak! I bet you wont even wake up until noon anyway!

Come out to Sears tonight!

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 07/06/2012, 01:41 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Come out to Sears tonight!
Old 07/06/2012, 01:59 PM   #106 (permalink)

I'd be down for that. I have a few things I'm taking care of during the day today. What time are you guys getting together?
Old 07/06/2012, 02:26 PM   #107 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP3G View Post
I'd be down for that. I have a few things I'm taking care of during the day today. What time are you guys getting together?

I'm stuck at the office til 10 then ill head right out.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 07/06/2012, 03:59 PM   #108 (permalink)
The Ghost

I'll show up around 10 tonight but won't be out too late since I really want to be up early for C&C.
Old 07/06/2012, 04:43 PM   #109 (permalink)

They've been kicking us out of Sears earlier and earlier so we'll have to keep each other posted so we can meet up and plan this.
Old 07/06/2012, 05:09 PM   #110 (permalink)
The Ghost

Well we can meet up somewhere earlier than that. I have nothing planned for the evening.
Old 07/06/2012, 05:20 PM   #111 (permalink)

Well I got my stuff done. I was just going to clean my engine bay, but I'm with Matt. I don't want to stay out too late so I can some rest for the C&C event.
Old 07/06/2012, 08:06 PM   #112 (permalink)

Ben and me are at his house with the Mustang waiting for the rain to pass. Matt I'll text you when we head up.
Old 07/07/2012, 12:30 AM   #113 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Currently trapped, surrounded by ricers at Sears under the Auto Center roof off Marion. Fucking kill me now. If I hear the word Rims, Stickers, and JDM all in on sentence one more time, I swear I'm gonna snap.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 07/07/2012, 02:15 AM   #114 (permalink)

^^^ That's too bad. We waited out the rain and then everyone left so Ben and me went and raised hell with the Mustang before going to TBell and calling it good. I'm going to sleep well tonight.
Old 07/07/2012, 01:09 PM   #115 (permalink)
The Ghost

^Yeah. So well that you missed out on C&C this morning.
Old 07/07/2012, 01:57 PM   #116 (permalink)

I couldn't even get out of bed this morning when I woke up to get ready. I drank and cherry pepsi last night and that was it but man I was totally knocked out. I have a massive headache right now too.
Old 07/09/2012, 10:05 AM   #117 (permalink)

Vehicle: 95 Dodge Stealth R/T TT
curt_gendron : who are you?curt_gendron : who are you?curt_gendron : who are you?
Quote:
^Yeah. So well that you missed out on C&C this morning.
It was great chatting with ya Matt at C&C. Sure was some nice weather. I think people took another dozen or so Cookout flyers!!

later,
Curt
Old 07/09/2012, 10:25 AM   #118 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Throttle Body was installed (with help from Justin) on Saturday/Sunday. Too bad I'm going out of town next week. If I get everything set in line and ready for when I leave Saturday Morning, I might stop out to Sears. Otherwise, see ya'll in two weeks

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 07/09/2012, 10:47 AM   #119 (permalink)

Help...? Help?! You call that HELP!?

Matt needs to give you another ride so it can be illistrated how awesomely slow the 72 is comparison to what there is to be gained by buying a 75 and giving to me for a couple weeks before we throw it in. You think a 74 intake and a tune is a kick in the pants...
Old 07/09/2012, 06:12 PM   #120 (permalink)
The Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt_gendron View Post
It was great chatting with ya Matt at C&C. Sure was some nice weather. I think people took another dozen or so Cookout flyers!!

later,
Curt
It was definitely a good time. I'm glad I was able to make it and run into you there. Needless to say, I'll be there the first Saturday in August as well.

Wishful thinking, but now I have to hope most of those dozen were secret Galant owners
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Regional Forums > MidWest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in