Minnesota Summer 2012 Meet Thread - Page 3 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Regional Forums > MidWest

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07/09/2012, 08:28 PM   #121 (permalink)

Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
Wishful thinking hasn't gotten me anywhere...

Matt if you buy me a galant I'll go to the cookout with it.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07/09/2012, 10:40 PM   #122 (permalink)
The Ghost

Vehicle: Turbo 8G Galant
M-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regular
No! You're bringing the 3G!
M-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/09/2012, 11:21 PM   #123 (permalink)

Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
Pfff. Who wants to see that old thing?

If it weren't for Alex I could've possibly started it this upcoming Sunday but now there is no way that's going to happen... Alex.

Old 07/09/2012, 11:25 PM   #124 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Vehicle: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE
GTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be new
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
Pfff. Who wants to see that old thing?

If it weren't for Alex I could've possibly started it this upcoming Sunday but now there is no way that's going to happen... Alex.
Oh boo-who...you wanted to do my vac lines. We could have replaced the IAC in under an hour but NOOoo00o0Oo Silvertuner just needs to have perfect vac line setup in a car that isnt his....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
March 2014 Car of the Month
Sold December 2014
GTmitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/09/2012, 11:33 PM   #125 (permalink)

You know I don't leave cars in anything but perfection. Unless they're Matt's because his is a hopeless mess and I'd need at least 2 days and a few parts to make his run like yours... This is not to say that I am unwilling...

Unfortunately I need to pull the return flange off the return hose and do some special machining for it. The hole seems unwilling to stop leaking so I can't use RTV (Made a HUGE mess), I have to put O rings in all 3 holes and to do that I have to drill recesses into the flange so they'll sit. This is tomorrow's job. Hopefully I can have the oiling stuff zipped up by the weekend and can hang the exhaust and finish the intercooler piping since all the stuff I ordered today should be here by then. After that I have to bend the AC lines, convert to SD and find a ROM that will work...
Old 07/10/2012, 02:05 PM   #126 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
MSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okay
So basically you need a Saturday afternoon and you'll be good to go! =D
MSP3G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/10/2012, 06:38 PM   #127 (permalink)
The Ghost

M-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regular
Quote:
You know I don't leave cars in anything but perfection. Unless they're Matt's because his is a hopeless mess and I'd need at least 2 days and a few parts to make his run like yours... This is not to say that I am unwilling...
Prothanes and finishing the exhaust are on my to do list. What else do you have in mind?
Old 07/11/2012, 09:58 AM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
Prothanes and finishing the exhaust are on my to do list. What else do you have in mind?
I could knock out your prothane FLCA bushings and all 4 motor mounts (tapping the subframe inclusive) in an afternoon, since you've got the early FLCA's like I do it would take like no time at all. Then I'd like to do the same conversion for your upper manifold that I did for Alex; fix every single vac line and make it look pretty so we can have you running stock idle again.

Once my car is done I'm going to be beside myself for the lack of things to do so at that point I'll be hunting down every project I can. This is solely because I love working on these things and not because I want anything from any of you... I also have your wheel payment Matt, I figure sometime when we aren't meeting in shady-ville I can give it to you. If you want to exchange before whenever that is just let me know and I can snap over there sometime in the week and drop it off.
Old 07/11/2012, 01:38 PM   #129 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

GTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be new
Lol. We have some lovely names for Sears.

Ricetown, Shadyville....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 07/11/2012, 10:41 PM   #130 (permalink)
Spring King

Vehicle: '11 135i, '98 Ranger 4x4
tracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by many
Sears near the capitol? Love that place, been there many times for last minute auto repair related tools. Or things that are bought and after being modified become tools.
tracer bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/12/2012, 09:41 AM   #131 (permalink)
The Ghost

Yeah that one. It turns into quite the interesting crowd on weekends when the sun goes down. Its pretty much the last place remaining near University Ave where cars still meet up.
Old 07/14/2012, 07:30 PM   #132 (permalink)
Blown...

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT S/C
Krazy_Town : who are you?
FYI, the Car Craft Summer Nationals are July 20-22 at the state fair grounds. Custom Cars, Auto Restorations, and Classic Cars - Car Craft Magazine I'll be there with MN 3/S and maybe some Mitsu Style people.

Krazy_Town is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/15/2012, 06:56 PM   #133 (permalink)
The Ghost

Hey Collin, I just registered today. Where will you guys be parking? Of course that is if you don't mind a Galant tagging along.
Old 07/16/2012, 10:09 AM   #134 (permalink)

Vehicle: 95 Dodge Stealth R/T TT
curt_gendron : who are you?curt_gendron : who are you?curt_gendron : who are you?
Quote:
Hey Collin, I just registered today. Where will you guys be parking? Of course that is if you don't mind a Galant tagging along.
Hey Matt,

You can join us if you want. All of our Car Craft updates are here:
Minnesota 3/S • View topic - Car Craft Summer Nationals 2012 - July 20-22

later,
Curt
Old 07/16/2012, 10:37 AM   #135 (permalink)

So... whose around the weekend of the 28th? Say I have my car on the road... would anyone want to roll 3g style? 4 door 3g's inclusive Matt.
Old 07/16/2012, 10:42 AM   #136 (permalink)

MSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okay
I should be around. That weekend is a little weird because of some family issues. But I would be down for getting the 3Gs together and making heads turn.
Old 07/16/2012, 11:15 AM   #137 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

I'll be around that weekend. I have weekends free until the 10-12 of August.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 07/16/2012, 11:46 AM   #138 (permalink)

Good... now for finishing this thing.
Old 07/16/2012, 01:48 PM   #139 (permalink)
Blown...

Quote:
Yeah, you are more than welcome too. Avenger Dave and will be there with General Tire, so he will rope off a big spot for us in a prime location. Vendors can get there at Noon and rope off spots way ahead of time. So far he is going to rope off a spot as long as the General Tire tractor trailer, but we might need a few more spots.

Old 07/16/2012, 02:19 PM   #140 (permalink)
The Ghost

Thanks Curt and Collin. I'll jump on mn3s after work and check out the details.

Justin, I have to work until 4 that Saturday but I will for sure be around after that.
Old 07/17/2012, 09:46 AM   #141 (permalink)

I know this is a stretch, but does anyone here have a 3" 45* coupler laying around/know where to get one? It may be the only reason I don't roll this Friday!!!
Old 07/17/2012, 10:55 AM   #142 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Quote:
I know this is a stretch, but does anyone here have a 3" 45* coupler laying around/know where to get one? It may be the only reason I don't roll this Friday!!!
Auto zone.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 07/17/2012, 11:39 AM   #143 (permalink)

There is an autozone in the metro..?
Old 07/17/2012, 12:29 PM   #144 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Quote:
There is an autozone in the metro..?

I have a few in my area. One off 36 and white bear ave you can hit up after work.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 07/17/2012, 12:30 PM   #145 (permalink)

Glory, there's one in Richfield. Now if I can just dodge heat stroke....
Old 07/22/2012, 06:48 PM   #146 (permalink)
Blown...

Quote:
Matt,

Curt thought he saw ya Friday at the Auto Cross, but we were wondering where you were Saturday and Sunday. We could have fit two more cars in the area we had roped off. No one bugged us about moving the barrels after 10 am. Probably because they had the General Tire Logo on them, and thought they can't mess with vendor stuff. The location was great.

With that being said though, I hope you make it to the cook out.

Old 07/24/2012, 04:28 PM   #147 (permalink)

Aight folks, Matt is coming over Friday evening and we're going to do his front lower control arm bushings and I'm going to snug up some of my intercooler piping before we go roll. Alex, Tony, if you guys or anyone else local wants to come on over and roll out with us you're more then welcome to.
Old 07/25/2012, 04:30 PM   #148 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Quote:
Aight folks, Matt is coming over Friday evening and we're going to do his front lower control arm bushings and I'm going to snug up some of my intercooler piping before we go roll. Alex, Tony, if you guys or anyone else local wants to come on over and roll out with us you're more then welcome to.

Hey now, we need to finish my 'Thanes first!

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 07/25/2012, 04:46 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTmitsu View Post
Hey now, we need to finish my 'Thanes first!
Matt chirped so he got the next available slot. You need a 6g75 anyway. My shop is so lonely.
Old 07/31/2012, 03:47 PM   #150 (permalink)
Blown...

Alright,

Here is some info on car shows I know of for the rest of the year besides the All Mitsu Cookout.

Cars and Coffee-August 4th- Chanhassen, MN (First Saturday of September and October also)

King of Diamonds Car Show - August 11th - Inver Grove Heights, MN - (Free show, Donations accepted for Wounded Warrior Project)

Wheels and Wings Car and Air Plane Show - September 8th - Osceloa WI

Mitsubishi Owners Day - September 22nd - Normal IL.

For a show in the area I highly suggest going to Wheels and Wings. This is a very big show for that small town and draws in over 1000 cars. Last year they had to direct extra vehicles to one of the run ways to show their vehicle. The stunt planes and fly bye's are a nice touch too.

Old 08/02/2012, 01:44 PM   #151 (permalink)

Whose all coming out tomorrow night? I'll be out rolling for sure, I hope some of you fools can join me.

Alex if you come out I want a short ride in your car. My butt dyno needs recalibrating (all due respect, I'm just really curious).
Old 08/02/2012, 03:45 PM   #152 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

I'm at the office til at least 10 tomorrow.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 08/02/2012, 03:52 PM   #153 (permalink)

Lame.
Old 08/02/2012, 04:54 PM   #154 (permalink)

I'll have to see what time I get home from Duluth. Whose all going to Cars and Coffee Saturday morning?
Old 08/02/2012, 05:13 PM   #155 (permalink)

I'll be going this time. I'm eating breakfast with a friend whose also going before hand but we can meet up and roll out.
Old 08/02/2012, 08:35 PM   #156 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Shit, forgot about C&C. I'll have to adjust my schedule. I'll let you guys know tomorrow night.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 08/02/2012, 11:39 PM   #157 (permalink)

So, I got the car on 7 pounds tonight. Getting some spark blowout at WOT... Matt I may need to tap you for some step 8 copper NGK's again.
Old 08/03/2012, 08:28 PM   #158 (permalink)
The Ghost

Haven't checked this thread in awhile, oops. I'm down for C&C tomorrow.

Also, I'll be trying to see what I can do as far as making the trip to MOD again. Who else would consider going? In '09 I made the trip alone and I feel like I missed out on a lot of fun. A group would be pretty damn awesome.
Old 08/03/2012, 10:32 PM   #159 (permalink)
Blown...

Quote:
Haven't checked this thread in awhile, oops. I'm down for C&C tomorrow.

Also, I'll be trying to see what I can do as far as making the trip to MOD again. Who else would consider going? In '09 I made the trip alone and I feel like I missed out on a lot of fun. A group would be pretty damn awesome.
If you got no one to go with, give Curt a ring. He'll be going with a few others leading the way with his trailer. Im gonna miss out on it this year. Got a house project to work on.

For those who haven't made the 3G Pilgrimage back to where their car was assembled, I suggest you do it soon if it's on your list of things to do. Even though US Corporate Mitsu says things are fine, it just seems like any day now they might shut down that plant since they are mainly assembling Galants and Outlanders.

Last edited by Krazy_Town; 08/04/2012 at 04:12 AM.
Old 08/10/2012, 10:11 AM   #160 (permalink)

Is anybody going out Saturday night, or adoing anything at all?! I finally have a clear Saturday! =D
Old 08/10/2012, 11:00 AM   #161 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

I can get together.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 08/10/2012, 12:19 PM   #162 (permalink)

I may or may not be able to drive that night but we'll see.
Old 08/10/2012, 03:37 PM   #163 (permalink)
The Ghost

Saturday works for me. I'll be out.
Old 08/10/2012, 09:22 PM   #164 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Hoping it doesn't take as long to put headers in the car as it took to take the exhaust manifolds out. Jeez. If you guys want to stop by tomorrow evening, I'm off work at 6 and ill be throwing the headers in the car.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 08/10/2012, 10:38 PM   #165 (permalink)

Should be like an hour job total.

I've been pretty much bed ridden since surgery but I'm going to try to be out tomorrow. I've gotta log some third gear pulls if anyone wants to help me scout, I need to see if this new ROM still has my fuel cut problem.
Old 08/10/2012, 11:42 PM   #166 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

If all goes well, I'll have a friend over to help me so it should be a pretty speedy job. Getting all the o2 sensors transferred over, EGR sealed off, and repainting my valve cover tonight. All's thats left is to find a muffler

O'Rielys has a Flowmaster Super 44 for $89.99, so I might pick that up. Wanted to 3" stainless from eBay like Matt and Justin, but I just cant afford that since I'm moving into an apartment in Sept. and all I have is a microwave, lamp, toaster, recliner, tv, and bed. I need to do some shopping still

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 08/11/2012, 11:34 AM   #167 (permalink)

So you'll spend 95$ on a muffler but not 120$ on a whole exhaust?

What's the plan tonight then? I'm going to go off vicodine on account of this so we better have something on the agenda or I am going to be CRANKY.
Old 08/12/2012, 02:50 AM   #168 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

$130 for the exhaust plus another $85 for shipping.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 08/12/2012, 03:39 AM   #169 (permalink)
King of Rice!!

Vehicle: 2013 Focus ST
Lil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by many
http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-01-02-03-...-/360473778736

This is the 3in piping exhaust, shipping is free, unless you mean something totally different and I'm completely wrong..
Lil Mitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/12/2012, 09:21 AM   #170 (permalink)

Green rep for this guy! ^^^
Old 08/12/2012, 09:56 AM   #171 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Stay out of our meet thread!

That's interesting. I haven't installed the flowmaster, just might return it. I can't find my rear hanger anyway. Thanks Lil Mitsu!

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 08/12/2012, 02:09 PM   #172 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Just purchased the catback that Lil Mitsu posted.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 08/12/2012, 02:33 PM   #173 (permalink)

Wouldn't listen to me. Sheesh.
Old 08/12/2012, 06:51 PM   #174 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

The one you linked me was 190 shipped.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 08/12/2012, 11:19 PM   #175 (permalink)

It wasn't when I linked it to you. If it didn't take you 20 years to make a move inflation wouldn't have the chance.

And it what world is looking something up before making a decision beneath you anyway? You know the cat backs are out there; search bar once, pay once.

Last edited by Silvertune; 08/12/2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08/13/2012, 08:18 AM   #176 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Well, seeing as the rumors of shitty ebay parts tends to overshadow things, I only trusted the one you linked to since I know that kit is on your car. But who cares, the flowmaster is returned and New kit on its way.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 08/13/2012, 10:01 AM   #177 (permalink)

Girlfriend is back too right?
Old 08/13/2012, 10:12 AM   #178 (permalink)

I just ordered the same 3" exhaust but mine was $130. I got it from D5 concepts. Oh goodie we all comformed to the same exhaust.....
Old 08/13/2012, 02:11 PM   #179 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP3G View Post
I just ordered the same 3" exhaust but mine was $130. I got it from D5 concepts. Oh goodie we all comformed to the same exhaust.....

But you no haz headers.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 08/13/2012, 03:06 PM   #180 (permalink)

That didn't stop you from modifying the cat back...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Regional Forums > MidWest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in