Minnesota Summer 2012 Meet Thread - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Regional Forums > MidWest

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05/28/2012, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Vehicle: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE
GTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be new
Minnesota Summer 2012 Meet Thread

Who's up for a get together this summer? Any ideas? Maybe a wrenchin' meet? Eh, eh, eh?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
March 2014 Car of the Month
Sold December 2014
GTmitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05/29/2012, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GTX
Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
I'm planning on being out this Friday. 3g won't be done by any means but I'll be out and with my usual group of fast cars If anyone wants to meet up with me along the way you're more then welcome to roll with us. Alex, new chick, that means the both of you.

Speaking of Alex and new chick, who else do we even have around here anymore?
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/29/2012, 10:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

GTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be newGTmitsu - if you don't know me, you must be new
No clue who else is around...no one seems to post. Pete no haz racecar, and IDK much of anyone else. The few who posted in the Check in thread haven't been back since

I might be able to make it this Friday, but I close at work Friday again....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014

Old 05/30/2012, 08:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Ghost

Vehicle: Turbo 8G Galant
M-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regular
*cough* I'm still here
M-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/30/2012, 11:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
*cough* I'm still here
No, you're not

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 05/31/2012, 12:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
Galant traitor.
Old 05/31/2012, 03:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Ghost

M-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regularM-Rod should be considered a regular
But my 3G has CAI. Racecar.
Old 05/31/2012, 03:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Dude my civic has a CAI. Or maybe it's an SRI... but on civic's everything's smaller... I got it for free so I don't care but the point is, I'll be out tomorrow night so anyone who doesn't have a buddy c'mon out.
Old 05/31/2012, 04:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Ghost

I was responding to the traitor part, making it seem like my 3G was getting some attention.

Anyway, please tell me you'll be out in the Eclipse and not the Civic. I won't be able to find you in the abyss of Hondas lmao
Old 05/31/2012, 04:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Well first you bought a galant, then you bought an automatic 3g so you've missed the mark twice now.

Does it look like the 3g is done? Jesus christ you people are impatient.
Old 05/31/2012, 04:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
Well first you bought a galant, then you bought an automatic 3g so you've missed the mark twice now.

Does it look like the 3g is done? Jesus christ you people are impatient.

We're not impatient, you're just slow ;-)

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 05/31/2012, 10:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

You come correct my personal life and the car will get done, fool. If my stupid exhaust flanges would come in I could 100% finish the exhaust but even if they don't I will get darn close this weekend unless the patio I have to build takes way longer then I think it will.

Dude I just filled the civic, 35.7 MPG. Fricken glory.
Old 06/08/2012, 01:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT 3.8
AStrate seems to be okayAStrate seems to be okayAStrate seems to be okayAStrate seems to be okayAStrate seems to be okayAStrate seems to be okayAStrate seems to be okayAStrate seems to be okay
I'm most likely going to sears tonight. Haven't been to that spot yet. Anyone else going out?
AStrate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/08/2012, 01:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

So long as it doesn't rain I'll be out. The 3g is still down so I'll be in the civic but it'll be a good time no less. Amy what time are you planning on going down there and do you have anyone to meet with? My group of guys meets at Harmar Mall on Snelling and we hang there until we're kicked out at 10 then we go to Sears and chill there until the action starts.

Alex, bring those bushings tonight so I can start on those arms. The civic parts are beginning to pile up so you better get your place in line. And since you're so slow I think I'll text you.
Old 06/08/2012, 04:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

I'll be out after work, around 10:20 or so.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 06/08/2012, 04:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Txt me before you show up this time so you know where I'm at. Though chances are it'll be the same place as last week.
Old 06/08/2012, 06:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Sounds good man.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 06/08/2012, 07:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
The Ghost

I'm back in action. I just picked up my renewal tabs today! I'll see you ricers out there
Old 06/08/2012, 07:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Yeah but you'll probably have that loser Mark on your hip as usual. Come hang out with some real cars!
Old 06/11/2012, 12:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
I'm from Poland.

Vehicle: '10 Genesis Coupe
polishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTmitsu View Post
Pete no haz racecar
Orly!? I has racecar!
polishmafia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/12/2012, 12:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
The Ghost

Ricecar! I was all by myself last night
Old 06/12/2012, 09:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Ricekiller is teh ghey.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 06/12/2012, 09:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Ricekillers is fun, but finishing the car is way funner.
Old 06/12/2012, 11:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
The Ghost

Quote:
Ricekiller is teh ghey.
Nah, they have a good thing going. Much of the problematic and immature group steers clear because they do not put up with it.
Old 06/12/2012, 11:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Well I might have to check it out this summer, if only work didn't put me on the dumb long shift Mondays. 12-10 sucks!

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 06/14/2012, 11:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
I'm from Poland.

polishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by allpolishmafia seems to be well-liked by all
Is RKC still charging a dollar to get into their meets? LOL so sad.
Old 06/14/2012, 11:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
I'm from Poland.

Anyhoo... Who's going to actually schedule a meet? Or would you like me to decide for you guys? I'll take the lead if you guys want. This time I may yell "I AM YOUR GOD!" since I don't drive a Mitsu anymore
Old 06/14/2012, 11:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
Anyhoo... Who's going to actually schedule a meet? Or would you like me to decide for you guys? I'll take the lead if you guys want. This time I may yell "I AM YOUR GOD!" since I don't drive a Mitsu anymore
Well you do have the biggest e-peen of us all.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 06/15/2012, 01:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
I'm from Poland.

This Sunday or next Sunday.

Travis, Galant owner from Wisconsin, is in town next week. It would be nice to have a meet with all of us.
Old 06/15/2012, 02:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Quote:

Travis, Galant owner from Wisconsin, is in town next week. It would be nice to have a meet with all of us.
I'm down. But you're not my god, your car is slow.
Old 06/15/2012, 10:37 PM   #31 (permalink)
I'm from Poland.

Quote:
I'm down. But you're not my god, your car is slow.
I may not be your God, and yes my car may be slow, but remember that I AM YOUR GOD!
Old 06/16/2012, 11:17 AM   #32 (permalink)
Spring King

Vehicle: '11 135i, '98 Ranger 4x4
tracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by many
I lurk around here from time to time. If you meet up, put the info here and I'll see if I can make it. I've met a few of ya already would be fun to do so again.
tracer bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/16/2012, 04:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
The Ghost

Quote:

Yep, Travis is on his way over right now. What are you up to this Sunday Pete?
Old 06/16/2012, 10:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
I'm from Poland.

Who's down for a meet tomorrow late afternoon/evening?

I'm thinking around 5pm, place to be decided, for some car talk, shit talk, food and drinks.
Old 06/17/2012, 11:13 AM   #35 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Closing at work tonight. Sorry, can't make it.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 06/17/2012, 02:13 PM   #36 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

I'll be on the road still from up north
Old 06/17/2012, 09:23 PM   #37 (permalink)
I'm from Poland.

How about next Sunday, losers?
Old 06/17/2012, 10:48 PM   #38 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Next Sunday, Back to the Fifties for me. All are free to visit and check out teh classik.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 06/17/2012, 11:45 PM   #39 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Teh classic or teh crap pile?

Next Sunday would work. Let's just pick a time and place already so I'm not stuck doing the clutch on my friends BMW.
Old 06/18/2012, 08:07 AM   #40 (permalink)

Vehicle: 95 Dodge Stealth R/T TT
curt_gendron : who are you?curt_gendron : who are you?curt_gendron : who are you?
Hey guys,

Just to light a little fire in your butt, the 4G Eclipse guys have gotten really active in Minnesota this year. I just went to there biggest meet yet on Friday, at Sonic:

I'd love to see the 3G guys get a little more active. Every year you talk about having some summer meets and then nothing happens. Someone needs to take the bull by the horns here. I bet the 4G Eclipse guys will out number the 3Gs at the All Mitsu Cookout this year.

later,
Curt
Old 06/18/2012, 08:32 AM   #41 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt_gendron View Post

I'd love to see the 3G guys get a little more active. Every year you talk about having some summer meets and then nothing happens. Someone needs to take the bull by the horns here. I bet the 4G Eclipse guys will out number the 3Gs at the All Mitsu Cookout this year.
Good for them.

We have meets, we just don't blow them out of proportion. It's usually just 3-4 of us anyway so it's nothing worth getting too riled up about. I'm sure there will be more at the 4g's at the cookout because we really have no active 3g members. Can't really help that.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 06/18/2012, 09:46 AM   #42 (permalink)

Vehicle: 95 Dodge Stealth R/T TT
curt_gendron : who are you?curt_gendron : who are you?curt_gendron : who are you?
Quote:
Good for them.

We have meets, we just don't blow them out of proportion. It's usually just 3-4 of us anyway so it's nothing worth getting too riled up about. I'm sure there will be more at the 4g's at the cookout because we really have no active 3g members. Can't really help that.
Well, the point is kind of the fact that you could have and active 3G group. Its just a matter of someone taking the initiate and making it active. Its kind of the "build it and they will come" philosophy.

And "blowing it out of proportion" is exactly what you want to do if you want more people to come to the next meet. There are a lot of 3G Eclipses still out on the road. It would be cool to see you guys have bigger meets.

Just some food for thought.

later,
Curt
Old 06/18/2012, 11:29 AM   #43 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Well let's see here...

Me
Alex
Amy
New guy #1
new guy #2

Other then that, I am unaware of any c3g members in the area. All the others have galants or stratus' and the ones that do have 3g's are ricer idiots who don't know what to do with their car and haven't joined the forum.

Perhaps once I'm on the road...
Old 06/18/2012, 02:44 PM   #44 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Having bigger meets would be prime. Having 3g owners to invite to these meets would be great. There lies the problem. All I'm saying is comparing their group to use is comparing apples to oranges. They clearly have more active members. Like Justin said, there are only about 4 of us. So why make an official meet when only 2 or 3 people would show up? Justin and I text frequently as do Matt and I. We can be found at Sears most weekends, so that's our meet. Plus, its easier to just text a guy asking if they are going to Sears versus posting here and waiting days for a reply. This thread was mostly started by me to inform the new guys that we do in fact want to get together. More of an invite to our krew, yo.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 06/18/2012, 03:13 PM   #45 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Calling all 3gs. Go to Sears on Friday night.

Alex when are we doing your 3.8? I really want to put my package on that motor.
Old 06/18/2012, 03:38 PM   #46 (permalink)
The Ghost

Quote:
I really want to put my package on that motor.
I bet you do
Old 06/18/2012, 04:09 PM   #47 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Quote:
I bet you do
Finish your exhaust already and get it tuned. Then again... that means new clutch and soon a new LSD... both of which mean new roll stop mounts. Holy shit, we've got our work cut out for us!

As for Alex... He needs to buy the motor, we'll go pick it up in my van and bring it back to the shop. We'll throw it on the stand (displace my new D16z6!) and I'll give it the goodies and perhaps teach this forum how to do a timing belt successfully on the first time around. Then we'll bring the motor over to his place and drop the thing in in ONE DAY! It'd be so glorious. I mean, it WILL be so glorious.
Old 06/18/2012, 06:11 PM   #48 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Quote:
Calling all 3gs. Go to Sears on Friday night.

Alex when are we doing your 3.8? I really want to put my package on that motor.

I have a 3.8 in my garage right meow. Granted, its a 1964 inline 3.8.....

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014

Last edited by GTmitsu; 06/18/2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06/18/2012, 09:11 PM   #49 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

6g75 > Bel Aire 3.8
Old 06/18/2012, 10:54 PM   #50 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

There is no 'E' at the end of Belair, noob.

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 06/18/2012, 11:33 PM   #51 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

I don't pay any attention to those lumber wagons.
Old 06/26/2012, 11:04 PM   #52 (permalink)
I'm from Poland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt_gendron View Post
Well, the point is kind of the fact that you could have and active 3G group. Its just a matter of someone taking the initiate and making it active.
This.

It makes me a little sad that the guy with a ruined Galant, that drives a Hyundai, on a Eclipse forum, has to organize the group to meet. I am not the leader here that you think I am. I used to be, but not anymore.

Some one grab this forums balls and bring people together! Not only to have a meet, but to get more Mitsus at the Cookout.

I swear to God, if I have to buy a Mitsu to get you guys to come to the Cookout, I will firebomb all of your cars and steal your trophies.

Get your shit together and someone form this board take control.
Old 06/26/2012, 11:06 PM   #53 (permalink)
I'm from Poland.

^ Please don't make me firebomb your cars. That is alot of wasted vodka. And wasted vodka = me getting angry. You don't want to see me angry.

Who is going to grow some balls?
Old 06/27/2012, 10:07 AM   #54 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
MSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okay
Quote:
Well let's see here...

Me
Alex
Amy
New guy #1
new guy #2

Other then that, I am unaware of any c3g members in the area. All the others have galants or stratus' and the ones that do have 3g's are ricer idiots who don't know what to do with their car and haven't joined the forum.

Perhaps once I'm on the road...
I should probably put my hand up now. I've been lurking the forums for a while now but I have been in and out of the country the last year or so. But I'm officially back in Minnetonka now. I own a 3G and wouldn't mind adding to the numbers of proud 3G owners in the area.

P.S. If you guys are looking for a get together and arnt busy, why don't we try and get something going this Friday evening?

Last edited by MSP3G; 06/27/2012 at 11:01 AM.
MSP3G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/27/2012, 01:35 PM   #55 (permalink)
UMADBREH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP3G View Post
I should probably put my hand up now. I've been lurking the forums for a while now but I have been in and out of the country the last year or so. But I'm officially back in Minnetonka now. I own a 3G and wouldn't mind adding to the numbers of proud 3G owners in the area.

P.S. If you guys are looking for a get together and arnt busy, why don't we try and get something going this Friday evening?
Welcome!

I'm down for this Friday. I actually have the whole day off I'm texting Justin now seeing if he's available for some wrenching before we cruise out Friday. Matt, toss that Throttle Body in your car and ill toss those headlights in mine. Pete, bring your ass out to Sears! Amy, bring your ass out to Sears too. If you're all not out Friday, you kan no haz stickers!

Sent from my PG86100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
Sold December 2014
Old 06/28/2012, 10:19 AM   #56 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
MSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okay
I'll probably work a half day and then get my summer tires on before rolling out. I'm a little late with the swap by a few months.
MSP3G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/28/2012, 10:45 AM   #57 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Alex (GTMitsu) is coming to my place tomorrow at 3 and we're going to tear his car apart and do some bushings before we roll up to the meets. We'll just be BSing and probably go find something tasty for dinner, you guys should feel free to come down and join in at your hearts desire.

If not then, you're all expect to be at Sears.
Old 06/28/2012, 11:26 AM   #58 (permalink)
The Ghost

Alex, I got sonars yesterday but you can just have the tb. I'll bring it to Sears on Friday.
Old 06/28/2012, 11:43 AM   #59 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Quote:
Alex, I got sonars yesterday but you can just have the tb. I'll bring it to Sears on Friday.
You should bring it to my house so we can install it before Sears.
Old 06/28/2012, 12:56 PM   #60 (permalink)
The Ghost

Good thinking. I'll give you a call when I get off work tomorrow. Alex should be pleased to see this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Regional Forums > MidWest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in