MOD September 22 2012 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Regional Forums > MidWest

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08/28/2012, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
MOD September 22 2012

It's hard to believe the summer is over. The cookout was so funI got to thinking about MOD. Is anyone here planning on going?
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08/28/2012, 12:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
MSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okay
I am/ want to! Of course I have to figure out arrangements for sleeping and stuff.
MSP3G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/28/2012, 12:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Vehicle: 02 GT 3.8L, '16 Jeep GC
Drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Drunkoffjuic
It would be great to meet some of you guys in person!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All images appearing on club3g.com posted by user "Drunkoffjuic" aka Eric Nemcek, are the exclusive property of Eric Nemcek and are protected under the United States and International Copyright laws.

The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of Eric Nemcek .

Use of any image as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration (digital, artist rendering or alike) is a violation of the United States and International Copyright laws. All images are copyrighted 2006 - 2016 Eric Nemcek .
Drunkoffjuic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08/28/2012, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP3G View Post
I am/ want to! Of course I have to figure out arrangements for sleeping and stuff.
Yeah it would seem every hotel in the area is booked, I don't know what I'd do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkoffjuic View Post
It would be great to meet some of you guys in person!!
Das what I'm sayin'. I know my car can handle the trip too so my only concerns are as Tony's.
Old 08/28/2012, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

Vehicle: 01' Eclipse Spyder GT
Blue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
It's hard to believe the summer is over. The cookout was so funI got to thinking about MOD. Is anyone here planning on going?
Who's got two thumbs and is planning go?? This guy! If anything we could look for a roof 1/2 hour to an hour out and I feel it'd be cheaper too
:Edit: just checked out motel6.com and it shows they have a couple 2 beds left in Normal

Last edited by Blue0588; 08/28/2012 at 02:39 PM.
Blue0588 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/28/2012, 02:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

I literally know nothing about MOD but I'd love to go. If we can figure something out I'm totally down.
Old 08/28/2012, 02:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

Blue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okayBlue0588 seems to be okay
I'm in the same boat. Going to have to get ahold of Iceman, the seasoned vet, to see about the full low down. Checked out the room rates for motel 6 online and it comes out to be @$105 for Friday and Saturday night
Old 08/28/2012, 03:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

MSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okayMSP3G seems to be okay
$105 isn't bad at all for Friday and Saturday Night. But I agree with Blue, we need to figure out the whole story behind MOD.
Old 08/28/2012, 03:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

And that would be split between two people. There's a couple treads on it over in GLR
MOD 2012 Convoy Thread
Factory MOD 2012 - September 22nd, 2012

Last edited by Blue0588; 08/28/2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08/28/2012, 04:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah I've read the threads, they're plans all match up what the locals here seem to be planning but I still don't understand what MOD itself is. Do you register? Is it a car show? How do I know where to go and park etc?
Old 08/28/2012, 04:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

I think its like a car show. They're talking about getting there early so they can get a good spot and throwing up some canopies
Old 08/28/2012, 04:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

It seems like a lot of people nationally go, so it's a massive show. But again, that's the extent of my knowledge..
Old 08/28/2012, 05:13 PM   #13 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
OrangeDemon : who are you?OrangeDemon : who are you?
Every type of car has a designated parking area so dont worry about good spots, they are all good. Theres around 10 of us 4gs going to normal this year. we will see you there.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
OrangeDemon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/28/2012, 05:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

You know about as much as I do. What we have to figure out is who is for sure going so we can get the hotel situation figured out. It looks like there's still some rooms available at the Hawthorn where everyone else is staying
Old 08/28/2012, 05:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeDemon View Post
Every type of car has a designated parking area so dont worry about good spots, they are all good. Theres around 10 of us 4gs going to normal this year. we will see you there.

Do we need to register anywhere?
Old 08/28/2012, 06:49 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'd be down for the Hawthorne. If you want to to go I'm for sure down. I've got nothing going on that weekend otherwise and I'd like to meet all these guys!
Old 08/28/2012, 06:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
CreepnIn The Shadows

Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Aqua Slug Champion!
Vehicle: 15 STI
3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to 3gEclipse86
does anyone know anyway I can put a turbo on my 01 spyder gt. i don't want it for power i want it for the car shows. so anything would help. maybe i would like to get on it from time to time..
3gEclipse86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/28/2012, 07:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

I'll give them a jingle here after lunch and see how many they have left. You should get ahold of MSP3G GTmitsu and whoever is for sure going and we'll start the reservation process
Old 08/28/2012, 08:03 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue0588 View Post
I'll give them a jingle here after lunch and see how many they have left. You should get ahold of MSP3G GTmitsu and whoever is for sure going and we'll start the reservation process
Duly noted.

Hey! Buttheads! Wanna go to MOD?
Old 08/28/2012, 08:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

I just got off the horn with them, I was told to call back tomorrow when the GM is in to get the full nine yards on this. The lady I spoke to had no idea what I was talkin about
Old 08/28/2012, 08:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

Quote:
Duly noted.

Hey! Buttheads! You're going MOD!
fixed it for you!
Old 08/28/2012, 09:37 PM   #22 (permalink)

"You've given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, please try again later".

Damnit.
Old 08/28/2012, 11:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

It's the thought that counts
Old 08/29/2012, 09:35 AM   #24 (permalink)

Vehicle: 95 Dodge Stealth R/T TT
curt_gendron : who are you?curt_gendron : who are you?curt_gendron : who are you?
Quote:
Yeah I've read the threads, they're plans all match up what the locals here seem to be planning but I still don't understand what MOD itself is. Do you register? Is it a car show? How do I know where to go and park etc?
Hey Justin,

The Factory MOD is kind of a more laid back car show than the All Mitsu Cookout. Its more about getting Mitsu owners together and getting some free food and prizes. There is a car show going on too, but they usually only give out a few trophies. I've been to every Factory MOD that they've had. Its slightly bigger than the All Mitsu Cookout as far as number of cars. They usually have a lot more vendors than the Cookout too. But you'll also find it isn't quite as organized as the Cookout either.

Here are some of my pictures from year's past:
Factory MOD - Sept. 24th, 2011
2010 Mitsubishi Owners Day
Mitsu Owners Day, 9/26/09

later,
Curt
Old 08/29/2012, 10:07 AM   #25 (permalink)

Thanks Curt. Looks like I'm going to have to find my hotel and go to this thing.
Old 08/29/2012, 10:14 AM   #26 (permalink)

Mattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by many
If I could find a deal on a trailer I'd be willing to make the drive out. $400 in gas will suck though. I am NOT driving the car all the way out there on coilovers though
Mattt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/29/2012, 10:18 AM   #27 (permalink)

Boo hooooooooo.

Excuses excuses. I'm driving mine out there, you can too!
Old 08/29/2012, 10:22 AM   #28 (permalink)

I as a butthead will surly be going! Blue, when you find out about the hotel room let us know.
Old 08/29/2012, 10:23 AM   #29 (permalink)

Mattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by many
Quote:
Boo hooooooooo.

Excuses excuses. I'm driving mine out there, you can too!
I made that drive out I-70 not long ago. Coils kill your back on sucky road conditions. 9 hours to the dragon and 8 hours to the beach this summer killed my back.
Old 08/29/2012, 10:26 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdie View Post
I made that drive out I-70 not long ago. Coils kill your back on sucky road conditions. 9 hours to the dragon and 8 hours to the beach this summer killed my back.
Good thing you're not out here in Minneapolis. All of our roads are ripped up due to construction. It feels like offroading at high speeds.
Old 08/29/2012, 10:41 AM   #31 (permalink)

The hand of god stanced my car on factory springs and shocks. Good ride quality ftw.
Old 08/29/2012, 11:17 AM   #32 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Quote:
God, you sound like an old man. I drive on my coilovers ALL the time. All the way down to the Dragon, a weekend trip out to Ohio for the DSM shootout.

I will be there, along with everyone else from around this area. Hope you all can make it.

Also, yeah its a relaxed car show. There are a lot of car there of all mitsu shape and sizes. They have about 2 rows for each model that people can park in. if those rows are filled they send you to the back of the lot.

There are plant tours, raffles for free shit, free food, free dyno and is an overall great fun day. I am planning on coming down Friday and leaving saturday night.

Like I said before, I would love to meet some of you guys, and to re-meet some of you others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All images appearing on club3g.com posted by user "Drunkoffjuic" aka Eric Nemcek, are the exclusive property of Eric Nemcek and are protected under the United States and International Copyright laws.

The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of Eric Nemcek .

Use of any image as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration (digital, artist rendering or alike) is a violation of the United States and International Copyright laws. All images are copyrighted 2006 - 2016 Eric Nemcek .
Old 08/29/2012, 11:28 AM   #33 (permalink)

no registration guys, its just a group gathering of Mitsubishi enthusiasts! they will have food and goodie bags and they will judge cars for best of each type of car and give a away some stuff! Its a fun day for sure, I will be there with Auto City Imports and JDM Geek! Make sure to stop by our booth!
Old 08/29/2012, 11:40 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeDemon View Post
no registration guys, its just a group gathering of Mitsubishi enthusiasts! they will have food and goodie bags and they will judge cars for best of each type of car and give a away some stuff! Its a fun day for sure, I will be there with Auto City Imports and JDM Geek! Make sure to stop by our booth!
That sounds like such an awesome time! I cannot wait!
Old 08/29/2012, 11:53 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkoffjuic View Post
God, you sound like an old man. I drive on my coilovers ALL the time. All the way down to the Dragon, a weekend trip out to Ohio for the DSM shootout.
I'm more complainig about the mileage on the car.

And you have Recaros
Old 08/29/2012, 02:03 PM   #36 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

Is GTmitsu attending this adventure? Cause if we only have three we could just cram into a 2 bed room and get a cot (surprisingly comfortable most the time ) Then if he is going then 2 rooms? Opinions
Old 08/29/2012, 02:44 PM   #37 (permalink)

I doubt he's going, but I guess we should make sure. How long do you guys want to stay? I was thinking go down friday with the 3s Convoy and come back Saturday night.
Old 08/29/2012, 03:10 PM   #38 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

I was thinkin we could head back Sunday mornin. I've read a few of the guys are going to have themselves a little wine n' dine after
Old 08/29/2012, 04:27 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm more complainig about the mileage on the car.

And you have Recaros
Dude the recaros are about as comfortable as the barber chair at Sams Club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue0588 View Post
I was thinkin we could head back Sunday mornin. I've read a few of the guys are going to have themselves a little wine n' dine after
Well see that's where it gets complicated for me...
Old 08/29/2012, 04:30 PM   #40 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Quote:
Dude the recaros are about as comfortable as the barber chair at Sams Club.

Well see that's where it gets complicated for me...
Thank you Justin. I dont know of any Sams club that has a barber, but okay. They hurt after about 2 1/2 hours of driving.

We do end up going out to eat or have a BBQ at someones house. I think we may be going out to eat this year.

Mod ends around 4 or 5 or something, then dinner, I would expect to leave around 7 or 8 pm if you are leaving that night.

Old 08/29/2012, 04:33 PM   #41 (permalink)

Sorry Eric, wheels aside, I'm a bit biased against Evo hardware.

So long as there isn't a common age limit at the restaurant or where ever we decide to sit.. I'd really rather not have to sit in the hotel alone.
Old 08/29/2012, 04:40 PM   #42 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

Get yourself a hip flask and order a coke...
Old 08/29/2012, 04:43 PM   #43 (permalink)

A bunch of us 4gs will be there around 5 or 6 friday evening, we should all meet up!

Old 08/29/2012, 04:43 PM   #44 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Quote:
Sorry Eric, wheels aside, I'm a bit biased against Evo hardware.

So long as there isn't a common age limit at the restaurant or where ever we decide to sit.. I'd really rather not have to sit in the hotel alone.
No problem, I understand.

Year before last we ended up at Hooters. I dont see you having a problem if we go out.

BTW, how old are you? I though you were at least 21!

Old 08/29/2012, 04:57 PM   #45 (permalink)

Yes well it's a common mistake. In fact I can't think of the last time someone guessed correctly...
Old 08/29/2012, 07:23 PM   #46 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

There's only two rooms let, figure we could cram into a room. It has a queen and a pull out with the all important mini fridge! I'll throw down a deposit on a room and we'll figure out the rest later
:edit: have a room reserved!

Last edited by Blue0588; 08/29/2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08/29/2012, 09:29 PM   #47 (permalink)

Much glory.
Old 08/29/2012, 10:50 PM   #48 (permalink)
CreepnIn The Shadows

3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all
Someone can always sleep in the bathtub. All you need is a pillow and your set.
does anyone know anyway I can put a turbo on my 01 spyder gt. i don't want it for power i want it for the car shows. so anything would help. maybe i would like to get on it from time to time..
Old 08/29/2012, 10:53 PM   #49 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
They won't let me park with my forum mates, but I may make the trip down to see everyone for a day or something.

Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/29/2012, 11:00 PM   #50 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

I can bring a little fold up cot too if they're going to charge for one of theirs
Old 08/29/2012, 11:14 PM   #51 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
They won't let me park with my forum mates, but I may make the trip down to see everyone for a day or something.
YOU BETTER!!

Cant wait guys. Its going to be a great turnout.

Old 08/30/2012, 11:14 AM   #52 (permalink)

Thanks Blue for holding the room! This is going to be so epic! It will be great to meet some more 3Gers.
Old 08/30/2012, 11:34 AM   #53 (permalink)
CreepnIn The Shadows

If anyone is looking for a set of lowering springs I have a set of Tein S-Techs I can bring with.
Old 08/30/2012, 01:15 PM   #54 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gEclipse86 View Post
If anyone is looking for a set of lowering springs I have a set of Tein S-Techs I can bring with.
If you're looking for a tax write off with a charitable donation, I'm your guy!
Old 08/30/2012, 01:52 PM   #55 (permalink)
CreepnIn The Shadows

$80 and they are yours.
Old 08/30/2012, 05:34 PM   #56 (permalink)

We have 2 rooms rented. If need be we can cram into one and subrent one to you guys we are 3 miles from the show

Old 08/30/2012, 09:06 PM   #57 (permalink)

drunk is there any reason why you gave me negative rep? what does "we must support this house" mean? shame on your for not see we all have the same Mitsubishi love in common.
Old 08/30/2012, 09:13 PM   #58 (permalink)
The Irishman Sheamus

Quote:
$80 and they are yours.
I'll have to get back to you down the road on these just have to see how these up coming paychecks are
Old 08/30/2012, 09:14 PM   #59 (permalink)
CreepnIn The Shadows

Sounds good.
Old 08/30/2012, 10:19 PM   #60 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Quote:

Its not even September yet. I wont make a post like this untill the week of.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Regional Forums > MidWest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in