Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

All Mitsu Cookout -- August 28th, 2016 -- Ramsey, MN

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  lyonstl 
#1 ·
Plans are underway for the 2016 All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show. The All Mitsu Cookout is a once a year show for all Mitsu built vehicles. There is no car show like this anywhere and no bigger Mitsu event in the Upper Midwest!

This year's event is happening on Sunday, August 28th from 11am to 4pm. It will be at Ramsey Central Park, in Ramsey, MN. This park offers a large paved parking lot and a really nice pavilion right next to the parking lot. There is also a fair number of trees around the lot for some shade. There are bathrooms attached to the pavilion also. It will be a great spot!

The official sign up for the Cookout and other details can be found at: 2016 All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show – Minnesota 3/S

We also have a Facebook event to get info from. It is at: https://www.facebook.com/events/822088494564032/

Come enjoy the day with your fellow Mitsu nuts!

-Curt

#6 ·
#7 ·
#8 ·
We are up to 106 sign ups now. The updated list is at: All Mitsu Cookout sign ups – Minnesota 3/S

For any out of towners looking for a hotel room, I'd recommend the Regency Inn, in Anoka. Its a no thrills hotel, but it is also reasonably priced at $65 a night. We do not have any arrangement with them, but it would be cool to have the out of towners staying at the same place. Their website is at: Regency Inn & Suites, Minnesota, Anoka

I will also be planning a dinner the night before the Cookout for our out of town guests. Any Mitsu owners are also welcome to come. The dinner will be in the general area of the hotel. Stay tuned for that.

later,
Curt

#9 ·
We are up to 125 sign ups now. Here is the breakdown of car sign ups so far, by platform:

1G DSM... 10
2G DSM... 15
1G 3/S... 8
2G 3/S... 10
3G Eclipse... 7
4G Eclipse... 6
EVO 1-9... 15
EVO X... 23
Ralliart... 8
StarQuest... 5
9G NA Lancer... 10

In order to have a trophy category for a platform, we need to have at least 7 sign ups. So the 4G Eclipse and StarQuests are in jeopardy. So make sure to remind your Mitsu buddies to get signed up!!

later,
Curt

#10 ·
We are up to 150 sign ups so far. Here is what the categories look like so far:

1g DSM... 12
2g DSM... 19
1g 3/S... 8
2g 3/S... 11
3g Eclipse... 8
4g Eclipse... 8
StarQuest... 7
EVO 1-9... 20
EVO X... 25
Ralliart... 9
08+ Lancer... 10
Others... 8

I'll be finalizing the categories this week, but this looks to be the finalized list. I think we'll do just a first place for StarQuests. The rest of the categories will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophy. Then we also have a 1st place for Cleanest car overall. We also will have trophies for Long Distance and Slow Drags.

Thanks,
Curt

#11 ·
I updated the sign up list today. We have 172 officially signed up. The list is at: All Mitsu Cookout sign ups – Minnesota 3/S

Here are the finalized voting categories for the All Mitsu Cookout:

90-94 DSM
95-99 DSM
00-05 Eclipse/Stratus coupe
06-12 Eclipse
91-93 3/S
94-99 3/S
Evo I to IX
Evo X
09+ Ralliarts
08+ Lancers
Starion/Conquest
Other Mitsu
The "Gene Helms" Cleanest Car Overall

The Starion/Conquest will just be a first place, along with Cleanest Car. Other categories will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies. Also, we'll have a long distance and Slow Drags trophy.

With the additional sales of t-shirts, and the sponsorship provided by White Bear Mitsubishi, we will be able to keep the price of the All Mitsu Cookout at $5. This includes you and your car in the show and all the food and drink. Each additional person who wants to eat is also $5.

See ya soon,
Curt

#12 ·
I updated the sign up list today. We have 187 officially signed up. The list is at: All Mitsu Cookout sign ups – Minnesota 3/S

Here are the finalized voting categories and the sign up numbers for each class:

90-94 DSM... 12
95-99 DSM... 24
91-93 3/S... 10
94-99 3/S... 14
00-05 Eclipse... 10
06-12 Eclipse... 9
Starquest... 7
EVO 1-9... 29
EVO 10... 34
09+ Ralliart... 9
08+ NA Lancer... 14
Others... 15

Here are some reminders:

1) Sign-up online. The page is at:
Subscribe to our Newsletters

2) Fill out your car sign ahead of time. It saves a lot of time in the registration line. Download the sign at:
http://www.mn3s.org/car-sign.doc

And my example sign can be found here:
http://www.mn3s.org/car-sign-curt.doc

3) Bring some lawn chairs for hanging out and bring your appetite! We'll have plenty of food.

Also, if you are just coming to spectate, spectator cars (non Mitsus) will have parking lot next to the main lot.

Its only $5 for you and your car to be in the show and eat. Why not make the trip out to Ramsey Central Park!

#13 ·
Thank you to everyone who made it out to the All Mitsu Cookout this last Sunday. We had 125 registered Mitsus there and about 140 total Mitsus there. It was a great turnout considering at the start of the show it was still raining.

Big thanks to our main sponsor, White Bear Mitsubishi. Also Upscaled Designs and Adavance Auto Parts donated prizes which were much appreciated. Also thanks to all my hard working volunteers that made the show run so smoothly.

Here are the pics and trophy winners: 2016 All Mitsu Cookout – Minnesota 3/S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.