Hey MN Crew got a question for you. - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Regional Forums > MidWest

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03/01/2007, 12:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lurking

Zander : who are you?Zander : who are you?Zander : who are you?
Hey MN Crew got a question for you.

Heading over to MN in April for a little vacation with a buddy of mine. Looking to go mostly to mall of america and Minneapolis at night to check out the night life. Ive been looking at maps and i swear i dont know whats what anymore. Im looking for a town/city that isnt too far from either, where it would be easy to get to both in a day and also has a good selection of hotels. Any suggestions? Also hows the night life there? Any good clubs/bars, ive heard it described as a mini-chicago before. Hows the weather in april?
Zander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03/03/2007, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 00 Eclipse GT
quicksilver : who are you?
i haven't gotten to experience much of the nightlife there...i normally only go to the cities for concerts. The MOA is in Bloomington which is basically straight south of St. Paul. There's plenty of hotels around that. Otherwise I'd suggest trying to find a decent hotel in downtown Minneapolis so that you can walk to and from bars downtown. Most of the time there's a shuttle that goes to the MOA from a lot of the hotels. There was a great bar with good food and I think they brew their own beer that I've been told to go to but I can't remember it...
I'll post on here if it comes to me....

Oh, and weather in April should be mild. Probably around the 50's or 60's in the days and then 30's or 40's in the evenings. Who know's though with the crazy weather we've been having in Minnesota lately.
Old 03/06/2007, 10:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

MidwestGTS : who are you?
It will probably be a hurricane most likley. Anyways, MOA is overated...lol for me at least, its quite a common mall to visit. Dont forget to hit up the MYTH or Spin nightclubs. MYTHNIGHTCLUB.COM or SPINMN.com
MidwestGTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03/07/2007, 05:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Blown...

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT S/C
Krazy_Town : who are you?
There are plenty of hotels around the Mall of America. If you want to save some money look for a hotel in Eagan or Inver Grove Heights. Yeah the mall is overrated but if you ask someone in Florida about the beaches they would probably say they are overrated too. In my opinion there are too many female orientated shops in the mall so there is not much of a reason for me to go there. Either way its something to experience and say you have been there.

If you want to check out the Downtown Minneapolis night life then 1st ave is where you want to be. 80% of the bars or clubs are located on this street or are close to it. The Red Light district isn’t that far from it either. There are plenty of parking garages near by especially around the Target Center. Visit www.twincitiesnightclubs.com for more info. While you are up here try to catch a Twins game. The dome won’t be around much longer for the Twins. Tickets are fairly cheap and available. If you prefer Basketball the Timber wolves have one Saturday game in April. Tickets are a little more pricy. Being from Chicago you probably don’t care much about hockey but try to catch a Wild game in St. Paul. There is a lot of energy in the crowd and no one else does hockey like Minnesota. We’re not really famous for any food items so you are on your own for finding a good restaurant.

p.s. Quicksilver…you are probably thinking of the Rock City Brewery Co.
Krazy_Town is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/11/2007, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lurking

Thanks for the input
Old 03/21/2007, 08:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lurking

Alright, the date is set, will be in MN on the weekend of the 26th. Unfortunately the 3G will not be in attendance in an attempt to save on gas and not put too much mileage on the car ill be taking a buick century instead.
Old 04/10/2007, 06:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lurking

Final Update: The date is the same, the hotel we are at is supposedly five minutes away from Minneapolis (according to Travelocity)

Most importantly the 3G will be there, here's what it looks like:
https://www.club3g.com/forum/showthre...98#post2046698

If you see it pull up and tell us where to get some beers at
Old 04/16/2007, 10:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Blown...

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT S/C
Krazy_Town : who are you?
Very Nice

Be sure to use the parking garages if you hit up 1st Ave. Its cheap and the safest way to park in the TC. Of course anyone can tell you where to get a good beer depending on what your looking for. I remembered the restaurant that you might want to check out. Its the Granite City Brewery. I haven’t been there but I have only heard good things and they have one on 1st Av among other locations in the Twin Cities. So far it looks like the weather will be fair. Have a good time.

Krazy_Town is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/17/2007, 10:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy_Town View Post
Very Nice

Be sure to use the parking garages if you hit up 1st Ave. Its cheap and the safest way to park in the TC. Of course anyone can tell you where to get a good beer depending on what your looking for. I remembered the restaurant that you might want to check out. Its the Granite City Brewery. I haven’t been there but I have only heard good things and they have one on 1st Av among other locations in the Twin Cities. So far it looks like the weather will be fair. Have a good time.

Thanks will check that place out prolly right when we get there. Its six hour drive, im sure we'll be starving as soon as we get there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Regional Forums > MidWest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in