Meet Tatti - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Welcome Forums > New Members Forum

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03/26/2019, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

JakeyJake : who are you?
Meet Tatti

Hello everyone i wanna start this off by saying imma need some help i am new to this but i have a passion for cars and really wanna get in to preformance anyways meet Tatti she's an 01 Chrysler Sebring coupe lxi 3.0 (6g72) 5spd (basically a 3g eclipse). So here is the back story and my plan, any suggestions, constructive criticism and advice will be substantially appreciated.(As long as yall dont say "dont waste your time") so I originally bought this car for $250 not running with the intentions of fixing her for a daily and then upgrading her to a solid 350hp by the end of the year, well shortly after i got her home i dropped a battery in her and she wouldnt crank so i had my brother pull her with his truck at 10mph and i tried starting by dropping clutch which worked so i went out bought plugs wires distributor cap&rotor crank position sensor timing belt water-pump radiator starter... stuff for a basic tune up well i installed every thing in took her around the block checked everything again and then extended my drive, well as everything appeared to be working as needed no lights no sputters no jerks no shakes no odd sounds i drove out but 5 miles and on the way home she let loose number 3 cylinder got a miss followed by rod knock and oil out the exhaust soo now yall know the past time for the future, as i am already about $1000 in to this car i have decided that i might as well make it fun (350hp+) as well remaining reliable and functional as possible i know i know things break more when modded but f-it so my plan is to pull this hunk a junk 6g72 drop in 6g74 (plenty of how to's on that part) reflash the ecu, stage 3 clutch and pressure plate and a lighter chrome-molly Flywheel, that should have her running again, then comes time to shove air down her throat with a 70mm turbo @6psi while i order forged rods and pistons (ive heard the crank is good for around 500hp if anyone knows for a fact how much power the crank can take lemme know) so at this point i assume my transmission will be either blown up or about to blow.. so what transmissions are a direct fit(or close) or if i have to go aftermarket should i just go awd if so which is recommended hell ill even settle for a link to help me get going in the right direction

Last edited by JakeyJake; 03/26/2019 at 05:52 PM.
JakeyJake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03/28/2019, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

JakeyJake : who are you?
The photos

Sent from my QS5509A using Tapatalk
JakeyJake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/02/2019, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.
Check out the performance and forced induction sections of the forum. There should be a lot of good information there. My eclipse is basically stock with an intake, LOL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bri01Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04/04/2019, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 GT
buddd : who are you?buddd : who are you?
Manual transmission should be fine with 350hp. If it breaks, it'll probably be because it's old, not because it's not designed for it.
buddd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Welcome Forums > New Members Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in