remove front inserts by filling - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Photoshop Requests / Tests

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12/14/2014, 01:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Thermaltake1 : who are you?
remove front inserts by filling

Could someone put a pic of an 01 spyder or 3g with the front vents filled in to match the bumber?

Many people black them out, etc. But i am curious what it would look like if i just filled them and sanded it down to match the contour of the bumper, then painted it.

Thanks!
Thermaltake1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12/14/2014, 02:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Spyder GTS
SnakeAssault : who are you?SnakeAssault : who are you?
For a rough idea, perhaps someone else can do better:

Just the front vents

Also smoothing the doors/swapping for Stratus doors
SnakeAssault is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/14/2014, 03:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

...and that my friend looks badass...better than i thought it would. Definitely going that route now when i paint the car on Christmas!

Not sure about the doors, cant get them off a stratus in time...gonna look up smoothing...
Old 12/14/2014, 07:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Turboed! Trying to t

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GS
03GS-T Really needs to MTFO03GS-T Really needs to MTFO03GS-T Really needs to MTFO03GS-T Really needs to MTFO03GS-T Really needs to MTFO03GS-T Really needs to MTFO03GS-T Really needs to MTFO03GS-T Really needs to MTFO03GS-T Really needs to MTFO03GS-T Really needs to MTFO03GS-T Really needs to MTFO
Was that photoshopped? Its kinda got a Porsche like look to it. Not sure how I feel. Maybe with smoothed doors.

For sure different.

Second picture didn't load the first time. Obviously photoshopped. Aha. Hmmmmm
03GS-T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/14/2014, 08:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
I think it looks better with smooth doors and smooth vents together, you don't want to fill the doors in with body filler, it'll turn out bad when it pops out in a year or two. If you're going to fill them you'd pretty much need to cut out the dimpled part and weld new metal panels then fill, sand, and paint. A LOT of work. Maybe let this one go for right now? You can door swap later and then go in for paint later too, shop going to be closed again next year you know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/14/2014, 08:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.
i dont like it - it looses too much 3g character
tHEpRINCE-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/14/2014, 10:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

jkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEpRINCE-GT View Post
jkeaton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/14/2014, 10:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Willful Aspirer

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse Spyder GTS
gabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by many
Send a message via Skype™ to gabessdsp
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEpRINCE-GT View Post
Agreed.

If anything I was actually thinking of going down this route on my 03 bumper with a lip if I ever got tired of the stock numper look.:

OP, ever think of adding real vents instead of the fake ones instead?
gabessdsp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/14/2014, 12:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Spyder GTS
SnakeAssault : who are you?SnakeAssault : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GS-T View Post
Was that photoshopped? Its kinda got a Porsche like look to it. Not sure how I feel. Maybe with smoothed doors.

For sure different.

Second picture didn't load the first time. Obviously photoshopped. Aha. Hmmmmm
Yeah, just dragging and dropping samples from the portions of the bumper that did not have vents, followed by some color changes for the shadow, along with blur.

It looks... different, I suppose. If you're gonna do it, wait and get the doors first though. Maybe find a junkyard real quick that has a Stratus/Sebring coupe, snatch em up.
Reminds me of a 4G, IMO. The smooth doors at least. /shrug
SnakeAssault is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/14/2014, 07:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Well my old car had them, but now destroyed. I really don't like the 01 bumper, so was thinking what to do.

And yeah Bitter, that's true, but that paint additive was expensive so didn't want to waste it just to do it again, but probably that's the route i have to take.

Found Stratus doors but brother has no cash to get them

If they are open when i land I will get them. Smoothed out it reminds me a little of a wide baby supra, or the Fiats I used to see all over Europe. i kinda like it!

Last edited by Thermaltake1; 12/14/2014 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12/15/2014, 12:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Willful Aspirer

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse Spyder GTS
gabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by many
Send a message via Skype™ to gabessdsp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaltake1 View Post

Well my old car had them, but now destroyed. I really don't like the 01 bumper, so was thinking what to do.

And yeah Bitter, that's true, but that paint additive was expensive so didn't want to waste it just to do it again, but probably that's the route i have to take.

Found Stratus doors but brother has no cash to get them

If they are open when i land I will get them. Smoothed out it reminds me a little of a wide baby supra, or the Fiats I used to see all over Europe. i kinda like it!
Hmmm, well looking forward to see what you do, everything looks different in real life rather than a photoshop.
gabessdsp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/17/2014, 09:25 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeAssault View Post

Also smoothing the doors/swapping for Stratus doors
That's the car I'm referring to, always loved these in Europe, i think it's similar.

Old 12/17/2014, 09:43 AM   #13 (permalink)

jkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFO
Looks like a first gen Tiburon.
Old 12/17/2014, 11:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeaton View Post
Looks like a first gen Tiburon.
i hate tibbys
Old 12/17/2014, 12:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

Yeah. First gens were pretty fugly.
Old 12/17/2014, 01:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeaton View Post
Yeah. First gens were pretty fugly.
Yeah, cause i have never once seen one of those fiats and said "hey! it's a tibby!"

it must be that picture...in-person on the streets in europe (where I lived for many years) they are sexy little under-powered things. Either way, that's probably why i liked that pic, it reminds me of that fiat.

Now to get my hands on a 124 sport coupe and I'll be a happy mofo.
Old 12/17/2014, 01:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

I bet they are fun to drive. I had an 850 sport convertible in high school, 70 or 71 model, can't remember but that thing was like a street legal go-cart. Blast to drive.

Last edited by jkeaton; 12/17/2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12/20/2014, 05:44 PM   #18 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 eclipse
2000gsx needs to be reminded to breathe.
If you are going to remove the vents and such learn to plastic weld or have a shop do it. I have ben messing around with it because I want to remove the blinkers and vents to smooth out the front end, plastic welding is the way to go bondo or fiberglass will crack and pop out over time.
2000gsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/23/2014, 06:30 AM   #19 (permalink)

Nate3341 : who are you?
If you did it like the purple car above you shouldnt need to plastic weld anything right? Just a simple cut job and grind the edges smooth? I really like that look.
Nate3341 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Visualization > Photoshop Requests / Tests

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in