Common 3G problems - Page 2 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02/10/2012, 03:33 AM   #61 (permalink)

Guzman1 : who are you?
Need some help with my tailights i havent been able to figure out why but when i have my lights on my driver side brake light doesnt turn on and i have hids
Guzman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03/03/2012, 06:32 AM   #62 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
mackattack408 : who are you?
Check your taillights bulbs. the bulb filaments could be shorting
mackattack408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/24/2012, 10:47 PM   #63 (permalink)

mrjaguar : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjohn2026 View Post
RE:"Does anyone have a fix for water on the drivers side floorboard after it rains hard? I've blown out the drains to the sunroof and I know its not from my a/c because it only happens on days with heavy rain. I ripped up the carpet and pulled out the drain plug to try and give the water someplace to go but I would like to find out what the real cause is without going to the dealership. I've checked seals around the doors, sat in the car while it rains and I know it isn't coming from above. I drive a 2001 GT and really want to get this fixed cause it rains a lot in Florida. Any input would be great, and yes I did search first."

I have the exact problem, same car and same state. Still not sure where its coming from because it becomes so saturated i just can't understand. Check under your drivers side floor and there are a few rubber plugs and on mine, one was missing but I just can't see that being the issue. Let me know if one of yours is missing too then maybe thats the issue. Let me know if youve figured this out yet
I was having something similar to this, but mine smelled like antifreeze.. the heater core has a leak.. I just bypassed the heatercore and all the leaking went away.
mrjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04/29/2012, 01:41 PM   #64 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
Whiteyy : who are you?
wobble/shaking under acceleration in the front end.

Probably motor mounts or cv shafts are worn
Whiteyy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/16/2012, 02:56 AM   #65 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse
03Mit : who are you?
#49 try cam sensor

Last edited by 03Mit; 05/16/2012 at 02:59 AM.
03Mit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/07/2012, 01:12 AM   #66 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 eclipse gt
Jbro1991 : who are you?
I am having a problem code p0400 and everything in the egr system is brand new and today i notice that there is no vacuum on the egr line can anyone help im.sick of seeing this engine light
Jbro1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/03/2012, 08:26 PM   #67 (permalink)

eGT00 : who are you?
hissing

@First post.
I bought the rivets and now the piece is held down, but the problem was not solved.
more info:
*The hissing sound comes when going over 20 mph and accelerating after that, It's not present at speeds lower than that.

What could it be?
eGT00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/13/2012, 12:25 PM   #68 (permalink)

machfleury29 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3G View Post
Does anyone have a fix for water on the drivers side floorboard after it rains hard? I've blown out the drains to the sunroof and I know its not from my a/c because it only happens on days with heavy rain. I ripped up the carpet and pulled out the drain plug to try and give the water someplace to go but I would like to find out what the real cause is without going to the dealership. I've checked seals around the doors, sat in the car while it rains and I know it isn't coming from above. I drive a 2001 GT and really want to get this fixed cause it rains a lot in Florida. Any input would be great, and yes I did search first.
I found out the water was coming from the side mirror seal, i fixed it with tape because i couldn't find that seal anywhere
machfleury29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/13/2013, 07:48 PM   #69 (permalink)

will1983 Really needs to MTFOwill1983 Really needs to MTFOwill1983 Really needs to MTFOwill1983 Really needs to MTFOwill1983 Really needs to MTFOwill1983 Really needs to MTFOwill1983 Really needs to MTFOwill1983 Really needs to MTFOwill1983 Really needs to MTFOwill1983 Really needs to MTFOwill1983 Really needs to MTFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGT00 View Post
@First post.
I bought the rivets and now the piece is held down, but the problem was not solved.
more info:
*The hissing sound comes when going over 20 mph and accelerating after that, It's not present at speeds lower than that.

What could it be?
Hey were you able to find your problem? I just had this happen to me and looking for an answer

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
will1983 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/05/2013, 01:55 PM   #70 (permalink)

HotLilMinxx : who are you?
To citm2000 - Just had to ask, u like the placement of the cup holder?! WTH? Do u by chance drive an automatic? That would make sense, cuz otherwise I gotta wonder about ur sanity. Anybody drivin a stick hates the cupholder placement in these cars! Just sayin.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
HotLilMinxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/21/2013, 07:29 AM   #71 (permalink)
New Enthusiast

Vehicle: 97' GSX
Fizzzy Bob : who are you?
The everyone who has HID's and one side of the tail lights dont work. Its the wiring on that side on the HID's. You blew a fuse and you have to make sure there are no shorts in the wire on "THAT SIDE" and then replace the fuse. I had the same problem and fixed it fairly easy this way.

(Hope this helps, there could be a number of things wrong but it is a short somewhere on the side that this is happening)
Fizzzy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/22/2013, 10:05 PM   #72 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclips GT
Tamerz is similar to TE
Steering Wheels!help!

Any idea i was turning right and then suddenly the steering wheels locked up and refuse to move any directions !!!! i tried to start the car a few time it was restart then turn off! also i smell some smoke! i pulled over and wait a little bet! then start the car again it drove but i like jumping and turn off ! btw: i pushed the gas all away and as if nothing!!!!!!!!!!not taking any gas!! my friend looked inside and he said the belt he guess! any ideas please , i have no clue what the h is going on!!!!!!!!!!
Tamerz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/07/2013, 07:13 PM   #73 (permalink)

Vehicle: '03 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
tcoates17 : who are you?
check to see if its running down your firewall. it could be coming from the bottom of the windshield
tcoates17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/17/2013, 05:48 PM   #74 (permalink)

Vehicle: 04 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS
Robinson_Alex : who are you?
Power drain

I own a 2004 eclipse GTS. It's had a slight electrical drain for over a year now, but I was just now able to check it out. The battery would be totally dead after sitting for three days or so. Found out there's about a 4 amp drain somewhere along the power window circuit. Anyone else have this problem? if so, where along the circuit was the power drain located?
Robinson_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/13/2013, 06:51 PM   #75 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse GT
thatBlk3g : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostprotocol View Post
almost EVERYONE that has a gt with over 110,000 miles, has the dreadful FKING p0300 random misfire code.

HAS ANYONE FIGURED OUT A FIX AS TO WHY EVERYONE HAS THIS PROBLEM? HOW ABOUT AN ANSWER WHY NO ONE IS LOOKING INTO IT?

i have a gt with 110k miles. replaced everything and its mother. and still no bye bye misfire. at least i got my car to start again.

its a very expensive fix. distributor = 400$, CPS = 200-300$. the crankshaft position sensor always blows, and so does the distributor. i have also got ngk IX iridium, and ngk wires. along with the distributor, i got a new cap/and rotor. almost everything in the engine is new yet there is still no fix for the p0300. yes i checked for vac leaks, yes i did timing and compression test.

i am not the only one with this problem. there are a few guys with the same dam problem and NOBODY HAS CARED TO HELP!

by the way, i drive a 2001.
Please don't scare me. I also drive a 2001 gt. I just changed the plugs and wires and got that stupid code. Son of a bitch, stupid shitsubishi
thatBlk3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/02/2014, 05:03 PM   #76 (permalink)
Dustin & Pam

Vehicle: 02 Eclipse Gt 3.0
02eclipsedcm : who are you?
Talking FIX

If yours has the EGR junk on it Witch it should disconnect the vacuum line going to the EGR Valve on back of Plenium.... that fixed my problem on mine.... Make shure to block vacuum line on the suction side... I'm trying to figure out what is causing the issue but when i find out y i will post
02eclipsedcm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/20/2014, 07:17 PM   #77 (permalink)

Vehicle: '06 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Cljviking19 : who are you?
Quote:
almost EVERYONE that has a gt with over 110,000 miles, has the dreadful FKING p0300 random misfire code.

HAS ANYONE FIGURED OUT A FIX AS TO WHY EVERYONE HAS THIS PROBLEM? HOW ABOUT AN ANSWER WHY NO ONE IS LOOKING INTO IT?

i have a gt with 110k miles. replaced everything and its mother. and still no bye bye misfire. at least i got my car to start again.

its a very expensive fix. distributor = 400$, CPS = 200-300$. the crankshaft position sensor always blows, and so does the distributor. i have also got ngk IX iridium, and ngk wires. along with the distributor, i got a new cap/and rotor. almost everything in the engine is new yet there is still no fix for the p0300. yes i checked for vac leaks, yes i did timing and compression test.

i am not the only one with this problem. there are a few guys with the same dam problem and NOBODY HAS CARED TO HELP!

I drive a 2002 GS, but I'm getting the same problem. My guess is the p0300 is related to two other codes I'm getting, camshaft AND crankshaft position sensors going off.

My mechanic said there was a bit of oil running onto the crankshaft sensor, but he didn't suggest any leak (which is what I'm suggesting). So, look for any oil. It could be a seal is cracked and is leaking onto the sensor, which then it can't read through the oil, which I'm pretty sure is what's causing my problems.
Anyone else have any suggestions?

Last edited by Cljviking19; 02/20/2014 at 07:21 PM.
Cljviking19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/24/2014, 07:25 PM   #78 (permalink)

Tjthomure10 : who are you?
I have replaced all of those and im still having the same problem
Tjthomure10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/26/2014, 11:43 PM   #79 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GT
jconstantine : who are you?
Quote:

Hey man, I'm having this same issue. Did you ever end up fixing it? My car is now in the "Wont' even start now" phase.
jconstantine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/26/2014, 11:48 PM   #80 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GTX
Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
PO300 results from a vacuum leak caused by the EGR vacuum control valve going bad and the egr valve being cracked constantly when it isn't supposed to be.

If it's so bad the car won't start then you have a bad coil in the distributor (also very common issue). Go get a new dizzy.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/27/2014, 12:01 AM   #81 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GT
jconstantine : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
PO300 results from a vacuum leak caused by the EGR vacuum control valve going bad and the egr valve being cracked constantly when it isn't supposed to be.

If it's so bad the car won't start then you have a bad coil in the distributor (also very common issue). Go get a new dizzy.
Thanks man. I'll be buying a new distributor soon. I hope that fixes the issue. I didn't know jack about cars until I started working on this car, which is good I guess.

So, I'll also look up some threads on how to fix the EGR valved since I don't know what that is lol.

Is that an expensive fix? Thanks for the reply btw man.
jconstantine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/18/2014, 08:46 PM   #82 (permalink)

benn7 : who are you?
Well I think I just finally got rid of P0300.. I have a 2001 Eclipse GT.. Anyway, my car was bogging every few seconds at times.. I would push in the clutch and wait for the idle to come down and let it back out and I had power again. Seconds to minutes later, same thing.. I seriously wanted to beat that thing with a baseball bat.
Anyway, I replaced plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor, used distributor, new distributor, EGR vacuum solenoid switch, MAP sensor, TPS, all four O2 sensors, gutted pre-cats, cleaned out EGR valve, did the timing belt change with new tensioner etc, water pump and crank sensor while I was there and that was last weekend for the timing belt change. After the timing belt change and crank sensor, it ran soooo much better!! BUT, the following day on a drive the code popped up again and bogged. It proceeded to do that about 20 times in a half hour drive. I then went into Walmart angry and grabbed some NOS octane boost seeing as all we have around here is 91 and some 10 dollar bottle of Duralube injector system cleaner. Dumped those in and even though it would have took a while to go through for sure, the car acted fine on the way back. So because of my higher than normal idle, I bought a mass air flow sensor. Installed it at noon and drove the 7 minutes back to work. The engine light actually went off! I then started the car after work, let it idle for a few seconds and the rpms do a dip and the P0300 AGAIN!! Still hasn't stumbled though since the MAF.. I cleared the codes and made sure not to start it and idle any longer than a few seconds haha! I am reaching at this point! No code and the next day I start it up and go to work. Come home and unhooked the battery to properly reset the computer. Since then, it is finally showing P0121 and P0507. TPS and IAC. No P0300 and no stumbling in 3 days. this is a record! So from what I have read, if the MAF isn't working properly the computer can't pick out the high idle etc. Either way, she is running smooth and tomorrow I will adjust the TPS and see if I need an IAC. I just may because the high idle occurred after I sprayed TB cleaner in the TB while it was bolted to the motor. It easily ran down into the IAC. I didn't clean the IAC till later.. I hope this helps. I think next time a P0300 comes up I will start with the MAF providing I know when I last changed plus, wires, etc.. Just seemed to be timing and the MAF when it was all said and done.. I hope!!

...benny
benn7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/08/2014, 06:31 PM   #83 (permalink)

benn7 : who are you?
Just to update, nothing has fixed my P0300 code/ bogging. I have no fucking clue anymore. The lack of answers and attitude on this site makes me believe people just aren't fixing it. Trust me, I have searched since November and am no closer then I was when I first started. Only thing left really is injectors and computer. I have eliminated everything else and am getting low on money. $1,200 in parts and MANY weekends just to have it run the exact same. I have checked for vacuum leaks enough. Went through 5 cans of carb cleaner. I am just going to bite the bullet and take it to the dealership and see if they can figure anything out. All the shit I replaced should hopefully help them look elsewhere other than the regular crap.
benn7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/06/2014, 02:11 PM   #84 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Spyder
jelazar : who are you?jelazar : who are you?jelazar : who are you?jelazar : who are you?
I've had the P0300 for a long time, but otherwise the engine runs fine. I removed the EGR valve and cleaned the carbon off the valve. Two weeks now daily driving without a P0300.

P0300 eventually returned.

Months later, I removed the timing belt cover and found the TB tensioner was loose, and one of the camshafts was off by a tooth.

Anyway, it's been several months and no P0300.

Last edited by jelazar; 07/30/2015 at 09:40 AM.
jelazar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/02/2014, 07:40 PM   #85 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
illAdvised needs to be reminded to breathe.
New to the site so sorry if this has been posted. I have a 01 3g eclipse GS and I'm having a major issue with my antifreeze system. I know I have a leak & I know where its at but its not big one where I just went through a whole gallon with in a week... my 2 issues are when I put in coolant and fill it to the max line and drive it 3 blocks to the store it the reservoir is completely empty. and just today it was empty yet again and I filled it to the mininim line drove it for about an hour across town and parked it in my driveway for 10 mins go back out side and see a puddle, popped the hood and my coolant reservior is completly full that it over filled and leaked thru.... like I said I know the leak is there but I highly doubt that it causing my system to completly backwash like that from a minimal amount to over filling. any ideas on what this is?
illAdvised is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/02/2014, 07:56 PM   #86 (permalink)

mirage : who are you?
It's from your Sun roof there are two drains on both side of your Sun roof when it's open there's a house that runs down the right column of your car that leads toward the floor board. What you need to do is take the column of and get to the house and blow air through out to clear it out. When your done or some water through the drain hole in your Sun roof and see if you see the water drop down from right behind the right front wheel. Don't blow to much pressure through the house. U might have to take off your interior roof and i would blow straight through three drain hole if you can't take the intior down cuz then the water will seep through that instead of you blow the hose off
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/02/2014, 08:10 PM   #87 (permalink)

mirage : who are you?
Have someone spray your car with a hose and sit in t so it'll leak in fast too have a better chance aft finding r
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/04/2014, 03:07 AM   #88 (permalink)

SilverbackNet : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelley View Post
or i had EXCELLENT results using a package i got at walmart called "CRYSTAL VIEW HEADLIGHT RESTORER/DEFOGGER" it says you dont have to take headlights off car, i did anyway, just to be able to scrub better, and didnt want to hurt paint. and it work amazing! just follow the directions and watch the online video..
Just want to point out that while sanding off the yellowed outer shell does wonders, the only way to keep it from coming back in 3 months is to clearcoat the plastic. Clearcoat blocks the UV that yellows the plastic. Clear only has to be reapplied every 3-5 years, if it doesn't get scraped off, but it is a royal PITA to apply and keep at a steady temp and humidity for a few days.
SilverbackNet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/04/2014, 08:26 PM   #89 (permalink)

new guy : who are you?
02 spyder.

I'm thinking of buying an 02 spyder. I test drove it and when you punch the accelerator it falls on its face and won't accelerate. Could this be fuel injectors or fuel pump? Doesn't do it while in park. If you slowly accelerate it's fine. Also fag vibrates a bit. Possibly bad motor mount? Please give me some suggestions. I'd like to buy this vehicle but am concerned with repair costs.
new guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/04/2015, 05:40 AM   #90 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GTS
ParadoxBeatz : who are you?
Cool Mystery Code

Ive owned several 3gs and still drive one today. I have found that the egr valve is the problem and if not, it is the IAC. My last one was the egr and my daily driver (03 GTS) was as well. Sadly the ECM is shit too so get used to MIL's.
ParadoxBeatz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/27/2015, 12:10 PM   #91 (permalink)

Pilosalas : who are you?
Hey i think i have this problem , but i dont understand where exactly this it at or how , im bad at directions reading , the pic doesnt work can u explain it more
Pilosalas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/27/2015, 12:34 PM   #92 (permalink)

Pilosalas : who are you?
I have the hissing sound problem and mu idle is around 500 when fully warm , so it stalls sometimes , i dont know what u mean on where the problem is located thoe , i dont know what the intake snorkel is or the frame rail ,
Pilosalas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/10/2016, 10:07 AM   #93 (permalink)

SilverGirl : who are you?
P0300 Code 2002 Eclipse 3.0

P0300 Code This is my current situation with my 2002 Eclipse 3.0 also. The last mechanic fixed Cam Crank Code issues but could not figure out why the random miss fire and rough idle stays. Most everything has been replaced.
SilverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/03/2016, 06:09 PM   #94 (permalink)

Hondo1000 : who are you?
I have a 2004 Sebring coupe 3.0 v6 with the 4 speed auto. Starts and idles and even drives in reverse but when I shift into forward it shuts off completely. Please help.
Hondo1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/19/2016, 05:03 PM   #95 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 GTS Manual (146,000)
PurpleGTS : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Klipse View Post
Quote:

Well homie... I got a resolution for ya. Did you heck the gapping on your spark plugs when you put those bad boys in there or did you just believe they were gapped correctly? I noticed you didn't mention that. Pull those suckers back out and regap them. Also, what do you mean the distributor and CPS "blow?"

For the 2003's with V6 there is a technical service bulletin about P0300.It has to do with the PCM needing to be reprogrammed and Mitsubishi does have a fix if this is the cause in other years is unknown.
Fuel related issues might cause this as well.
PurpleGTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/15/2017, 09:18 PM   #96 (permalink)

Acdzbrn : who are you?
Whatever happened?? cause now i have this....FML....
Acdzbrn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/02/2017, 09:48 AM   #97 (permalink)

oklegacy17 : who are you?
the car overheated
oklegacy17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in