Can't open my trunk? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01/10/2019, 08:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Yomars3g needs to be reminded to breathe.
Can't open my trunk?

Am I missing something? I recently purchased this car and didn't bother opening the trunk until now. When I put the key in, it won't turn at all no matter what. When I use the lever it pops the trunk, but only about a half inch and seems to be locked down. Is there some secret button or lever I don't know about to open this thing?
Yomars3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/13/2019, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 GT
mits00b : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomars3g View Post
Am I missing something? I recently purchased this car and didn't bother opening the trunk until now. When I put the key in, it won't turn at all no matter what. When I use the lever it pops the trunk, but only about a half inch and seems to be locked down. Is there some secret button or lever I don't know about to open this thing?
Have another person lift the trunk while you pull the lever. Your hatch lift support struts are probably shot.

As far as using the key to pop it open, it could be that someone has changed the trunk, or door locks and ignition, and didn't bother to change the trunk lock, or your key is worn to the point that it can only open the matching worn lock. You might try wiggling it some more, or inserting the key the other way. Assuming that the lock matches the key, it should eventually open. Oh, and don't break your key.
Old 01/15/2019, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yomars3g needs to be reminded to breathe.
That was the problem, 2 people and the trunk opened, won't stay open due to bad struts. Thanks man
Yomars3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in