Possible Body Kit - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Show and Shine

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01/12/2010, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 3G 4g64 Auto NA
02rs4g64auto : who are you?02rs4g64auto : who are you?
Possible Body Kit

When I get to the "show" stage of my car I want to put this kit on it. From seeing other posts I'll prolly get flamed for wanting this, but whatever, it's my car. Just want some other opinions. I'll be getting the same wing that's in the pictures as well.

VIS Racing Mitsubishi Eclipse VIS Racing Ballistix Style Full Body Kit - 00MTECL2DBX-099
02rs4g64auto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/12/2010, 11:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: black 2002 GS
zeroblue02 : who are you?zeroblue02 : who are you?zeroblue02 : who are you?
haha. like you said, it's your car.
zeroblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/12/2010, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroblue02 View Post
haha. like you said, it's your car.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01/12/2010, 11:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Vehicle: 01 Gt
Black_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okay

You said flame on, sorry dude but that kit is horrendous. Like said above, it's your car, so pick your poison.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhaust gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway.
Quote:
Money can buy you a race car, but money can't buy you the skill to race it.
Black_out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/12/2010, 11:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 spyder GT
Madpv2015 : who are you?
there is a 3g around where i live with that body kit. the back is good-ish looking but the front just looks like ass IMO
Madpv2015 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/12/2010, 11:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Black_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpv2015 View Post
there is a 3g around where i live with that body kit. the back is good-ish looking but the front just looks like ass IMO
The whole kit looks like it came out of the rear end of an angry bull dog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhaust gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway.
Quote:
Old 01/12/2010, 11:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Vehicle: 2001 spyder gs
scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
it is a just slightly better looking kit than the blitz... in otherwords... not sexy at all. (but at least i was able to hold down my dinner when looking at it).

and this is what i specifically don't like about it:
1.the stupid... vent things in the rear.
2.the random swoopy-not looks like it goes to a different car front end. (with a dash of "oh yeah... we need a place for turn signals.. ehh that is good enough.")
3. the skirts.. WTF, why does it need giant edges sticking out? is this from madmax?

the wing is nice though.

you got questions? we got answers:

Quote:
If you want it done right, follow scarr's advice 100%.
scarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/12/2010, 11:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

It is kind of oddly angular for such a curvy car. I think I just like the kit, and can't see that it doesn't fit the car. Which is why i asked.
Old 01/13/2010, 12:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 TJ
Meest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFO
It's your car. However, if you do go through with this. My bet is you'll look back on it later and smack yourself in the forehead like on those V8 commercials..

Quote:
Alright I accidentally crashed my 2001 Mitsubishi eclipse into a mountain.
Quote:
There is no equal fail to that of the almighty Luke. :bowdown:
Meest00GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/13/2010, 12:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
hates "smart" people

Vehicle: 2006 TSX
primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.
I think it is very ugly. Lines doesn't flow with the shape of the car at all.

primula is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/13/2010, 12:04 AM   #11 (permalink)

Extreme Dimensions Mitsubishi Eclipse Extreme Dimensions Duraflex Fiberglass Wings Body Kit - 111224

I like this one too. I think it fits the car a bit better, back is still... well...
Old 01/13/2010, 12:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: '03 6G75T, '98GSX, EVO IX
finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via Yahoo to finesse49ers
Stop.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:
Whens the car going to be finished with the turbo and everything on it

Quote:
Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it... ;)
finesse49ers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/13/2010, 12:11 AM   #13 (permalink)

I think this hood would go with the second kit.

VIS Racing Mitsubishi Eclipse VIS Racing Invader Style Black Carbon Fiber Hood - 00MTECL2DVS-010C
Old 01/13/2010, 12:12 AM   #14 (permalink)

Ahh, finesse. I picked up on your turbo build about a week ago. Can't wait to see it finished and get some numbers.
Old 01/13/2010, 12:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ice Ice Baby

Vehicle: 84 Camaro Z/28
DaIceMan : who are you?DaIceMan : who are you?DaIceMan : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to DaIceMan
looks like the first kit came out of need for speed
DaIceMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/13/2010, 12:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

My third choice would be this. If this gets flamed too... guess my taste is just different. I missed this one before, I just noticed it.

Razzi Razzi Body Kit - 571-100-H

I know a lot of people on here like the shine kit and another one I forgot, but they just don't look much different from stock to me.
Old 01/13/2010, 12:20 AM   #17 (permalink)

double post, oops.
Old 01/13/2010, 12:28 AM   #18 (permalink)

Meest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFOMeest00GT Really needs to MTFO
Theres a reason most people like the close to stock look. In general, those two lip kits (the ss and ww) are chosen because they help compliment the natural body lines rather than change them. I don't see why you're so set on a full body kit that will "uglify" the car IMO.

The second one's front end isnt bad, the rest is crap. The last one is the least horrid of the bunch. It's not my cup of tea, but if I ABSOLUTELY had to choose from those three. Thats the one I'd land on.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01/13/2010, 12:29 AM   #19 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
razzi is not bad.. but unless you want to do a dual exhast too, it looks stupid. 2 holes means you need 2 tailpipes.

Quote:
Old 01/13/2010, 12:36 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarr View Post
razzi is not bad.. but unless you want to do a dual exhast too, it looks stupid. 2 holes means you need 2 tailpipes.
I had the same thought. I don't really like the skirts on the razzi, if it wasn't expensive as hell I'd mix and match it. Any feedback on the hood I posted?
Old 01/13/2010, 12:38 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:

It doesn't look bad. I believe the sideskirts are what MOJO had on his white 3g. I just am not a fan of the front end for some reason (the way it comes up in the middle) The rear end actually would look good, but like you said, needs dual exhaust or it will look

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Meest00GT; 01/13/2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01/13/2010, 12:46 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meest00GT View Post

It doesn't look bad. I believe the sideskirts are what MOJO had on his white 3g. I just am not a fan of the front end for some reason (the way it comes up in the middle) The rear end actually would look good, but like you said, needs dual exhaust or it will look
I'll look for mojo's car with them on it. The dual exhaust problem is demonstrated in the second kit I posted. Only problem I see with going dual is back pressure issues (I don't know much about this please correct me if I'm wrong). I just know of people who've put something stupid-big like 3 1/2" pipe on a bone-stock engine and lost performance...
Old 01/13/2010, 12:56 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02rs4g64auto View Post
I'll look for mojo's car with them on it. The dual exhaust problem is demonstrated in the second kit I posted. Only problem I see with going dual is back pressure issues (I don't know much about this please correct me if I'm wrong). I just know of people who've put something stupid-big like 3 1/2" pipe on a bone-stock engine and lost performance...
The dual exhaust problem is also on the Razzi kit, which is the 3rd one.

It's going to cost you a pretty penny to get this done with the cost of the kit itself, plus fitting, plus paint. You should be able to afford to get a proper dual exhaust setup done if you're able to afford the body work.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01/13/2010, 01:02 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meest00GT View Post
The dual exhaust problem is also on the Razzi kit, which is the 3rd one.
What I meant was, the second kit actually shows two holes with only one pipe.
I'm running into some personal preference issues with the paint though. I really am liking the white, I'm usually all about blacked out cars, but I think white/blue would fit the car well. Not usually a fan of blue either. I have a painter who's a personal friend of my father, so I can get paint done relatively cheap. And I can also do the install myself which saves me money as well. If I go with the white/blue theme, I'll have black rims and CF hood, and if I could find CF fenders and doors I'd do that too. Put the car on a diet. Don't think it's really a good idea though for safety reasons...
Old 01/13/2010, 01:13 AM   #25 (permalink)

Checked out Mojo's car. I like his exterior, the skirts don't look bad. I think I'll end up going razzi. I also liked the black on top and white on bottom he did. Don't want to steal his set up though so I'll prolly just keep it all white. Interior trim and accents going to be blue, along with the calipers (hopefully on the rear as well if I can do the rear disc swap) and engine bay accents.
Old 01/13/2010, 01:15 AM   #26 (permalink)

Carbon Fiber doors? Good luck there. Carbon fiber wouldn't be any less safe I would think, its relatively tough stuff. As for fitting/installing yourself, I've heard of members attempting, and running into issues where modifications were needed. So I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself just yet..

Back on topic. Razzi kit wins my vote. Though you'll need supporting mods such as a drop and dual exhaust to pull it off. GL with the project.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01/13/2010, 01:29 AM   #27 (permalink)

Mojo's car has the razzi rear and he dodged the dual exhaust problem by painting the exhaust area black.

04MOJOGT 2007 Updates So far....

Just scroll down a bit and you'll see it in a pic from the back. I think I'll just do that. As far as the install, there's a customs shop near me that I know the owner and I'll be starting learning from him in february when business picks back up. Then once I know more and am more helpful I'll be working for him. The exterior work won't be happening for a while (I'm thinking next years tax returns). In the mean time I'm doing CAI and interior work. Then wheels/tires. Then drop. Then body kit. And if I can get rear disc swap in there somewhere that too.
Old 01/13/2010, 01:54 AM   #28 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
Razzi is the only choice out of all of those that doesn't look like shit. I say keep the car oem, or as close as possible. And use the search button and stickies.... these kits have been discussed thousands of times.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/13/2010, 12:20 PM   #29 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Quote:
And I can also do the install myself which saves me money as well. If I go with the white/blue theme, I'll have black rims and CF hood, and if I could find CF fenders and doors I'd do that too. Put the car on a diet. Don't think it's really a good idea though for safety reasons...
By doing the work yourself for "cheap" what exactly do you consider "cheap." I know a few guys who decided to do the fitment work themselves and it cost them over $1000 just to do it themselves. That's how bad a lot of these full kits actually fit. If you consider nearly $2000 to properly fit an ugly bodykit cheap than go for it. That $2000 also doesn't include the cost of paint.

You plan on an awful bodykit that's painted either white or blue with CF fenders? That will look awful, seriously you WILL regret it. I don't think they make CF doors for the 3g and if they do expect to be paying out the ass for them. That's not going to be cheap at all.

The members here aren't trying to tear down your ideas, but like said we go with the kits that we do because it has been proven over the past 10 years that the SS and WW lip kits look the best on our car. If you think we're being harsh check out member 00GTisme's members ride thread. He started off putting random junk on his car and got flamed for it, not long after he had the stuff on the car guess what he was doing, he was taking the suggestions the members gave him originally and has gotten a lot of praise recently for how his car works. In the long run he spent more money and time putting parts on his car that looks like shit just to change them out for what was originally suggested.

Quote:
Old 01/13/2010, 12:41 PM   #30 (permalink)
Suk me balls

Vehicle: Maxima SE 6spd Manual
raz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by allraz_76 seems to be well-liked by all
raz_76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/13/2010, 01:48 PM   #31 (permalink)

I just saw 3G-XXX's car with that first kit I put up and I hated it. WW kit is ok... If I go with one of the two suggested it'd be that one. I didn't think fitment would be any kind of huge deal... What's the problem with putting a kit in? Wouldn't you just have to drill some holes and mount the damn thing?
Old 01/13/2010, 03:05 PM   #32 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Quote:
I just saw 3G-XXX's car with that first kit I put up and I hated it. WW kit is ok... If I go with one of the two suggested it'd be that one. I didn't think fitment would be any kind of huge deal... What's the problem with putting a kit in? Wouldn't you just have to drill some holes and mount the damn thing?
it is now obvious you have never tried to install a kit.

Quote:
Old 01/13/2010, 03:14 PM   #33 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 GT
xOMidEclipse : who are you?
I have the BMX style body kit from VFiber and i was very unhappy with the quality of the front bumper but the side skirts and rear can go with any front bumper. I actually just ordered a Vader style front bumper from Hybrid Aero. The WinComplete Body Kit looks really nice but i would order from Andysautosport for all my body kit needs.

Extreme Dimensions WinComplete Body Kits - Full Kit for 00-05 Mitsubishi Eclipse at Andy's Auto Sport
xOMidEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/13/2010, 03:33 PM   #34 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Quote:
it is now obvious you have never tried to install a kit.

I didn't check, but I assume the kit's you are looking at are made out of fiberglass. In most cases you will find that you need to add fiberglass to a lot of areas to make it line up right. The fitment on these is generally awful. I don't think you understand that doing this kit yourself is putting you way in over your head. If you want it to look right (especially since this would be your first time) pay a professional the $2-3000 that it will cost to make the kit fit correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOMidEclipse View Post
I have the BMX style body kit from VFiber and i was very unhappy with the quality of the front bumper but the side skirts and rear can go with any front bumper. I actually just ordered a Vader style front bumper from Hybrid Aero. The WinComplete Body Kit looks really nice but i would order from Andysautosport for all my body kit needs.

Extreme Dimensions WinComplete Body Kits - Full Kit for 00-05 Mitsubishi Eclipse at Andy's Auto Sport
Andy's is a hit or miss and lately has been a miss situation. Not exactly the best company to work with and most of their stuff requires modification to fit. I personally would suggest NOT buying from Andy's Auto Sport.

Quote:
Old 01/13/2010, 06:20 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_out View Post

You plan on an awful bodykit that's painted either white or blue with CF fenders? That will look awful, seriously you WILL regret it.
If I got CF fenders it would just be for the weight reduction, maybe something a little different from stock for styling if it doesn't look bad. They'd be painted white to match the rest of the car. The body kit would also be white. The only blue on the outside would be the calipers, and only CF showing would be the hood. Interior will be where the rest of the blue will be. Center console/dash accents and door panel accents as well. Change out the gauges and clock pod so they illuminate blue.

As for never doing a body kit, that's correct. I figured ordering a kit that "fits" the 3G means that it fits the 3G. My bad on an epic fail. I am a newbie to the car modification, I just know basic maintenance and a small amount of performance information. Looking to learn.
Old 01/13/2010, 06:38 PM   #36 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

then don't get CF fenders. if you really NEED to shave those 20 pounds, get fiberglass.

Quote:
Old 01/13/2010, 07:11 PM   #37 (permalink)

Allright. I'm prolly not going to unless I decide to make the car into an all out race car, but from what it's looking like, that'd take a shit ton of money. So I may just make this car all show and daily driver and get another car later for a performance sleeper. I really don't know what I want out of this car or what I'm wanting to put into it yet.
Old 01/13/2010, 07:21 PM   #38 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

well, you have a 4cyl.. so performance is NOT out of the questions... just not cheap.
(turbo)

or you can just give it love, keep it mild, and have a comfortable car that looks good.

Quote:
Old 01/13/2010, 09:41 PM   #39 (permalink)

If I had some idea of what it would cost me to get it rollin quick!!! I could weigh my options better. There's a decent race scene where I'm at. My buddy brought home 3.5G the other night after losing $700. I could definitely pay for it if I got it going. Race low end at first to pay for FI. Then go all out. Boring the engine plus an entire rebuild and tuning and going FI I'd think would run something like 6-8G's. I don't really know though... All the turbo builds I've seen on here don't have how much it cost em. If I lived near Greg I would just ask the guy what's up.
Old 01/13/2010, 10:35 PM   #40 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Quote:
If I had some idea of what it would cost me to get it rollin quick!!! I could weigh my options better. There's a decent race scene where I'm at. My buddy brought home 3.5G the other night after losing $700. I could definitely pay for it if I got it going. Race low end at first to pay for FI. Then go all out. Boring the engine plus an entire rebuild and tuning and going FI I'd think would run something like 6-8G's. I don't really know though... All the turbo builds I've seen on here don't have how much it cost em. If I lived near Greg I would just ask the guy what's up.

Quote:
Old 01/13/2010, 10:48 PM   #41 (permalink)

Vehicle: LSX Swapped 95 M3
yahh seems to be well-liked by allyahh seems to be well-liked by allyahh seems to be well-liked by allyahh seems to be well-liked by allyahh seems to be well-liked by allyahh seems to be well-liked by allyahh seems to be well-liked by allyahh seems to be well-liked by allyahh seems to be well-liked by allyahh seems to be well-liked by allyahh seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Bad response... btw how old are you?
yahh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/13/2010, 10:51 PM   #42 (permalink)

Tetris Champion! Hexxagon Champion!
Vehicle: 10 Jaguar XF-R
aaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by many
Quote:
This is gonna be fun...

aaronsspyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/13/2010, 10:52 PM   #43 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahh View Post
18 according to his profile.

Edit: beat to it!

Quote:
Old 01/13/2010, 10:52 PM   #44 (permalink)

Tetris Champion! Hexxagon Champion!
Vehicle: 10 Jaguar XF-R
aaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by manyaaronsspyder is well-liked by many
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahh View Post
Quote:

aaronsspyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/13/2010, 11:15 PM   #45 (permalink)
Vroom Psshh

Vehicle: 03' Eclipse GS
jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via Yahoo to jstewart92
Quote:
explains why you like those ricerific body kits.
jstewart92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/13/2010, 11:17 PM   #46 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstewart92 View Post
explains why you like those ricerific body kits.
Adds horsepower of course. The body kit alone should gain him like 10-12g's then he can buy that dream honda he's always wanted.

Quote:
Old 01/13/2010, 11:26 PM   #47 (permalink)

LOLOL.... Thanks guys... figured I'd get at least 40hp off that body kit, then throw on a gt badge or two, another 10-15hp, 5" exhaust tip that sounds like a weedeater then i'd be running 8 sec 1/4mi. for sure. I am 18, and I am new to all this so bear with me and my newbie errors.

Other than pricing did I mess anything up? Other than being stupid and talking about racing...
Old 01/13/2010, 11:45 PM   #48 (permalink)
Some broke kid..

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GTS
VT03GTS seems to be okayVT03GTS seems to be okayVT03GTS seems to be okayVT03GTS seems to be okayVT03GTS seems to be okayVT03GTS seems to be okayVT03GTS seems to be okay
Quote:
LOLOL.... Thanks guys... figured I'd get at least 40hp off that body kit, then throw on a gt badge or two, another 10-15hp, 5" exhaust tip that sounds like a weedeater then i'd be running 8 sec 1/4mi. for sure. I am 18, and I am new to all this so bear with me and my newbie errors.

Other than pricing did I mess anything up? Other than being stupid and talking about racing...
lack of style.

Photography

VT03GTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2010, 01:53 AM   #49 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
You're making Texas look bad...

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2010, 01:54 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT03GTS View Post
lack of style.
Fair enough I guess. I'll take the criticism.
Old 01/14/2010, 01:56 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05eclipse05 View Post
Damn, my bad for misrepresenting the greatest state .
Old 01/14/2010, 12:33 PM   #52 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05eclipse05 View Post
He's made teenagers, and the U.S. look bad. His post's fail level is almost comparable to Luke's.

Quote:
Old 01/14/2010, 12:57 PM   #53 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
There is no equal fail to that of the almighty Luke.

|
|
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2010, 03:47 PM   #54 (permalink)

AWW FUCK! I read his infamous thread... I'm ashamed of myself... My bad people.
Old 01/14/2010, 09:17 PM   #55 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse RS
EclipseKid88 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to EclipseKid88
Quote:
What I meant was, the second kit actually shows two holes with only one pipe.
I'm running into some personal preference issues with the paint though. I really am liking the white, I'm usually all about blacked out cars, but I think white/blue would fit the car well. Not usually a fan of blue either. I have a painter who's a personal friend of my father, so I can get paint done relatively cheap. And I can also do the install myself which saves me money as well. If I go with the white/blue theme, I'll have black rims and CF hood, and if I could find CF fenders and doors I'd do that too. Put the car on a diet. Don't think it's really a good idea though for safety reasons...
personally I would say you are running with way too many color ideas here. How are you gonna do white and blue on the paint? And please don't say I'm gonna paint the bodykit one color and the car another. I would recommend the WW and SS kit just like everyone else is saying. The 3G looks AMAZING when it is built to be clean and not 2Fast & Bi-Curious.

EclipseKid88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2010, 09:44 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseKid88 View Post
personally I would say you are running with way too many color ideas here. How are you gonna do white and blue on the paint? And please don't say I'm gonna paint the bodykit one color and the car another. I would recommend the WW and SS kit just like everyone else is saying. The 3G looks AMAZING when it is built to be clean and not 2Fast & Bi-Curious.
The paint will be white. Just white. Only blue on the outside will be calipers. Maybe underglow, doubt it though. The rest of the blue will be inside.
Old 01/14/2010, 09:49 PM   #57 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

So do you have soy sauce stations around your area?

Quote:
Old 01/14/2010, 10:01 PM   #58 (permalink)
Steel Blue

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse RS
3G-XXX : who are you?
Quote:
To each their own... I love the way mine turned out! FTW!!!!
3G-XXX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2010, 10:40 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3G-XXX View Post
To each their own... I love the way mine turned out! FTW!!!!
No offense meant, and I hope none was taken, but I like the kit, I just don't think the front fits the car's styling. It's too pointy when the rest of the car is curvy. Too sharp or something... idk.

As for the soy sauce comment. What's "rice" about my plan, other than the underglow, which as I said wasn't likely to happen.
Old 01/14/2010, 10:44 PM   #60 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Quote:
As for the soy sauce comment. What's "rice" about my plan, other than the underglow, which as I said wasn't likely to happen.

Quote:
This philosophy makes your car rice.

Quote:
The paint will be white. Just white. Only blue on the outside will be calipers. Maybe underglow, doubt it though. The rest of the blue will be inside.
The kit makes the car rice as well as the underglow.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Show and Shine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in