The Official Light Thread (Head/Tail/Corner Pics/Info Inside) - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Show and Shine

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08/17/2011, 10:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
The Official Light Thread (Head/Tail/Corner Pics/Info Inside)

BEFORE POSTING ANY QUESTIONS, READ

So, I'm tired of seeing everyone confuse the different types of headlights and always ask "which on is better?" - so, I made this quick picture to show the difference. After you found a headlight you want, and want to know about HID's, simply read this thread: HID Basics Thread. READ FIRST BEFORE ASKING ABOUT THEM.

#1 - These are Depo headlight. Easily the best quality aftermarket light you can buy. Low beam project with high beam reflective housing. They can support HID's and offer best cut-off lines and light output. Technically, no aftermarket headlights are made for HID's, but they can usually support it. The original Depo's that were made had the projector housing chrome. These are usually harder to find now. Most Depo headlight are all black now. Depos do NOT have any type of LEDs or Halos
Colors sold in: Black and Chrome.

#2 - Sonars, which are some of the most widely used headlamps. Like Depos, they have a low beam projector and high beam reflective housing. I personally have them on mine, but plan to upgrade to depos in the future. The original sonars only had one halo around the low beam projector, over time halos have became more popular (for some reason) so they are now seen as offered with two halos. One on low beam, and one on the high beam. Sonars have worded onto their lens that HID should NOT be used in them, but I and most others run them with no issues/little modification. With being the best sold headlamp, many companies make this type of headlight. Some better than others. I personally bought mine for a company named "Zomk Speed"
Colors sold in: Black, White, "Smoked", and Chrome.

# 3 -Dual Halos. The best two options in buying headlights were listed above. This headlight, followed by the other are the worst ones to purchase. Dual halos are known for two major issues. One is the fact they have a large amount of glare. The second is the cut off line used inside the headlight. These are NOT recommended to be purchased nor used with HIDs.
Colors sold in: Black, and Chrome.

# 4 - Anzo. Probably the biggest piece of crap you can buy. NOT recommended to be purchased. The original set of Anzos are shown on the left of #4. They had an LED type halo around the High Beam, which was the projection, while the low beam was made out of a reflective housing. The light output on these things were similar to using a flashlight with a piece of duct tape stuck on the lens. They suck. Over time I suppose sales has dropped and manufacturers have tried and make it look "better" and more like Depos or Sonars. Don't be fooled. They still suck.
Colors sold in: Black, and Chrome.

OPTION # 5 There is one other final option. Retrofitting your own headlights. Retrofitting is when you essentially "make" your own. Most people take the OEM housing headlight, put them in an oven to melt the glue that holds the housing together. With patience and some prying the headlamp can be taken apart and new parts can be swapped it. This is a labor intensive job, and requires some knowledge, but it can easily pay off. Most Job cast easily $300+ to do this, but the outcomes are usually worth it. If you're interested in retrofitting, but do not feel like you have the skill/knowledge to do it feel free to message members who do it for a charge. The following members retrofit headlamps: Jstewart92 (Anyone else PM me to add your name to the list.)

So to finalize everything...
Best Quality Depos then Sonars. (#1, and #2)
Don't buy Dual Halos or Anzo (#3, and #4)

Stay away from chrome, unless you want a bunch of ugly glare: Why chrome headlights suck; My latest project

If any of you have supporting pictures or info, please feel free to post it up, or PM me with info so it can be added to this post. As time goes by I will update info. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08/17/2011, 10:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Vehicle: YOUR MOM
rsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to rsingh12
The Official Tail Light thread

Well since a lot of the new comers do not know what tails to get and upon jaloosk's request on making this thread, I decided to get some of the most common tail lights for the 3g platform.
1. TYC-sold in black, chrome, bronze, carbon fiber and titanium (as far as I know). These are the best looking tails I have seen for the 3g platform and most members recommend these. These are not sold any more and are very hard to find and rare. Most common TYCs that are sold are the chrome ones.

2. Sonars- sold in black and chrome. Not as great as the TYC tails and also not the greatest looking ones. I would not recommend these

3.No name l.e.d tails-sold in black, chrome, and red. These are getting fairly popular. Many members like to niteshade these or make custom TYC tails. Also if you are very talented then you can make the led boards yourself and fit them into it.

These are from Crimson's thread and these tails were built by him

Also these are custom tails made by soundman98. They are custom skyline led tails.

4.Stock tail lights-Not bad looking tail lights but many members prefer to go with aftermarket or niteshade these
These are my stock tails that I niteshaded

I hope this thread helps out. If you have any additions feel free to add some

Last edited by rsingh12; 08/17/2011 at 11:18 AM.
rsingh12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/17/2011, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
lit up

Vehicle: '14 BRZ
soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.
while tyc's are the most popular name brand, there is becoming a large ebay presence of tyc knock-off's.

the major differences are:

tyc's:
smooth, clear lenses
'TYC' printed on bottom of housing.

knockoff's:
mostly-clear lenses with 3 parallel rows of 'x' shaped fluting
no printing along the bottom.

the fluting is easiest to see in this pic:

soundman98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08/17/2011, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Vroom Psshh

Vehicle: 03' Eclipse GS
jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via Yahoo to jstewart92
I only have a short period of time right now, but I'll reply now then later amend this post with more information. So far all links are provided by myself.

6000k HIDs in Black CCFL Sonars

Amending this post -

Why chrome headlights suck; My latest project. This link is about any chrome headlight, but this is for Sonars in particular. Chrome sonars = bad.

Timster's Headlights. Timster's black sonars - only had aesthetic mods, added a Morimoto 35w 4.3k HID kit with a bi-xenon harness allowing high and low beam to be on simultaneously.

Jstewart92's Custom Retrofitted Headlights (pic heavy). My personal retrofitted headlights and their output. Projectors are installed in stock lights, and are replica's of the infiniti FX 35/45's lights.

Go to www.facebook.com/iconicdesignz to view all of my work, please like the page and thanks for taking a look!

Last edited by jstewart92; 01/23/2013 at 07:31 AM.
jstewart92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/25/2011, 06:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
I'm a Moron.
Attention Whore

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse GT
ECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometer
MIT. ECLIPSE GS/GTS/GT HALO BLACK PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS | eBay

these are the same ones from #2 and i messaged the seller and he told me that they are made by winjet
ECLIPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/25/2011, 06:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2004 WRX
Got Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECLIPS3 View Post
MIT. ECLIPSE GS/GTS/GT HALO BLACK PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS | eBay

these are the same ones from #2 and i messaged the seller and he told me that they are made by winjet
That is because the top post is wrong. They aren't actually Sonar's. I have no idea why they are labeled as Sonar's in the first post.

Got Rice Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/25/2011, 07:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
I'm a Moron.
Attention Whore

ECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometerECLIPS3 Is a walking rectal thermometer
Yeah thought so..from what ive been told they are win something I forgot the rest...they also go by spec D
Old 08/26/2011, 02:18 AM   #8 (permalink)

oakrdrs187 : who are you?
When I had my 3G I first bough the Anzo's thinking the projector was the low beam. Even the sales guy told me the projector was the low beam and high beam and that the reflector was for an accessory like strobes. What an idiot and I knew very little then so I got them. Hated them. Always wanted depo's but couldn't afford. So I went with the Sonars and was pretty happy with them except for the adjustment, Which I rigged with my own screws to move the projectors left and right. With HID's they were nice.

IMO I wouldn't do option five since the 3G have the depo's available. As for a housing like the 8G galant, the ebay ones are kinda Cheesy IMO, and JDM's are still reflectors. So HID=Glare. So with the 8G I do feel like option 5 would be best.
oakrdrs187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/26/2011, 12:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
I'm a Moron.
Attention Whore

00-05 Eclipse BLK Dual Halo Projector Headlights Lamps | eBay

these are the same from #4 and they are in the description they are made by eagle eyes
Old 08/26/2011, 01:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Protect this house

Vehicle: Yes
ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Quote:

these are the same from #4 and they are in the description they are made by eagle eyes
Wow son.. Yes they are the same and if you would read Chad already posted saying these are the worst
ccarrillo717 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/26/2011, 02:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
I'm a Moron.
Attention Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarrillo717 View Post
Wow son.. Yes they are the same and if you would read Chad already posted saying these are the worst
Wow son
Old 08/27/2011, 05:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Evil Intent : who are you?Evil Intent : who are you?Evil Intent : who are you?
this thread helped me alot. i know what to get now.
Evil Intent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/27/2011, 06:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
I'm a Moron.
Attention Whore

Which ones are you planning on getting
Old 08/27/2011, 06:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Vehicle: YOUR MOM
rsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to rsingh12
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
When I had my 3G I first bough the Anzo's thinking the projector was the low beam. Even the sales guy told me the projector was the low beam and high beam and that the reflector was for an accessory like strobes. What an idiot and I knew very little then so I got them. Hated them. Always wanted depo's but couldn't afford. So I went with the Sonars and was pretty happy with them except for the adjustment, Which I rigged with my own screws to move the projectors left and right. With HID's they were nice.
IMO I wouldn't do option five since the 3G have the depo's available. As for a housing like the 8G galant, the ebay ones are kinda Cheesy IMO, and JDM's are still reflectors. So HID=Glare. So with the 8G I do feel like option 5 would be best.
Honestly option 5 would be an improvement over the depos imo even the depos have some flaws that the retrofits overcome but again what lights doesnt have flaws. If you do it right the retrofits can look very good and be the best ones available.

Quote:

Does it matter what company makes them, the order is listed from GOOD to BAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Intent View Post
this thread helped me alot. i know what to get now.
This is why this thread was made to help you newbies and to stop from some of the n00bs from making worthless threads

rsingh12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/27/2011, 09:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
lit up

soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsingh12 View Post
Honestly option 5 would be an improvement over the depos imo even the depos have some flaws that the retrofits overcome but again what lights doesnt have flaws. If you do it right the retrofits can look very good and be the best ones available.
option 5 is not perfect either. i am not very happy with the light distribution of mine(using morimoto d2s projectors--too much light in front of the car, little at distance).. but there are options that will be much better then any prebuilt option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by got rice boy
That is because the top post is wrong. They aren't actually Sonar's. I have no idea why they are labeled as Sonar's in the first post.
because the headlamp market used to be less whored-out. that specific design in option #2 used to be made only by sonar(my housings have the sonar stamp on the bottom of the lens), just as the other designs had been specific to 1 company.

now china has copied all of the designs, and the guys like chad and i that used to know who made what design apply those names to similar housings..

Old 08/27/2011, 10:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Vehicle: 2003 GS Manual
Drewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by all
^ mine are the same

My headlamps have sonar stamped at the bottom, but then I've had them for a while. I have the chrome version of the sonar single halo projectors
Drewski0523 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/30/2011, 02:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Rice Boy View Post
What are you talking about? All those pictures are accurate. Low beam projection and high beam reflective housing. That's a sonars design.

Old 08/30/2011, 02:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Quote:
Yeah thought so..from what ive been told they are win something I forgot the rest...they also go by spec D
Quote:

Okay your missing the obvious here, but I'll spell it out for you. Depo, sonar, anzo, dual. All of those are not NAMES of the brand of headlight. It is the DESIGN of a headlight (though like stated it did used to be names, but this doesn't apply much more). Multiple companies make each headlight design. When I say "get some sonars or depos" that means get a low beam projection and high beam reflective design. Which are made by multiple brands.

Old 08/30/2011, 06:20 PM   #19 (permalink)

Got Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
What are you talking about? All those pictures are accurate. Low beam projection and high beam reflective housing. That's a sonars design.
But actual Sonar's have the name "Sonar" on the lenses of the headlights. The new dual halo's don't have that on it. You never said once in the post that you were only calling them Sonar's because of the design. (At least from what I have read, but I could've misread.)

Old 08/30/2011, 06:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Quote:
But actual Sonar's have the name "Sonar" on the lenses of the headlights. The new dual halo's don't have that on it. You never said once in the post that you were only calling them Sonar's because of the design. (At least from what I have read, but I could've misread.)
Actual sonar lights have been copied and reproduces in the dozens. The design stays the same. Low beam projection and high beam reflective housing. The name of the company doesn't really matter too much, unless one company just makes shit-quality replicas. If you wanted to start calling lights by the actual name brands, you realize we would have hundreds... right?

Old 08/30/2011, 06:28 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Actual sonar lights have been copied and reproduces in the dozens. The design stays the same. Low beam projection and high beam reflective housing. The name of the company doesn't really matter too much, unless one company just makes shit-quality replicas. If you wanted to start calling lights by the actual name brands, you realize we would have hundreds... right?
Actually, no. Because I bought 'off brand' sonars from Ebay, and those still said Sonar on the lenses. Because Sonar sells their headlights in bulk to Ebay outlet companies, and they just 'market' them as their own.

Old 08/30/2011, 06:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
2011's are gay

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GTS 6G75
White Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by all
holyfuckingbitchtits. if they look like sonars, and project light like sonars, then guess what? they are fucking sonars

White Knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/30/2011, 06:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: '03 6G75T, '98GSX, EVO IX
finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via Yahoo to finesse49ers
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
holyfuckingbitchtits. if they look like sonars, and project light like sonars, then guess what? they are fucking sonars

This is what I'm about:

Quote:
Whens the car going to be finished with the turbo and everything on it

Quote:
Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it... ;)
finesse49ers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/30/2011, 06:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

It's a STYLE and DESIGN we have used over the years to describe. It was just one of the firsts names to the design, jesus. They're fuckin' sonars.

Old 08/30/2011, 06:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
2011's are gay

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GTS 6G75
White Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by all
here are better niteshaded tail pics chad

a-e tinting services | Facebook

White Knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/30/2011, 06:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

I seen them done well as pictured, but it's just my opinion it just looks tacky too me.

Old 08/30/2011, 08:49 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Okay? He is the one who messaged me and told me to elaborate what I was meaning.

And I would just like to see a pair of 'Sonar' designs (the single halo, non CCFL) ones posted up that don't have the Sonar stamp on it. Because I have had 3 sets of them, all from different name companies, and they all were stamped Sonar.

But anyways, you should really add the LED and CCFL version of the 'Sonar' style lights into your list.

Old 08/30/2011, 08:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

The one's on my car at this very minute doesn't have any type of stamp on them (yes single halo, original halo). Where is the stamp suppose to be? Which side? I'll take a picture for you if it brings you peace at mind.

Old 08/30/2011, 09:08 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
The one's on my car at this very minute doesn't have any type of stamp on them (yes single halo, original halo). Where is the stamp suppose to be? Which side? I'll take a picture for you if it brings you peace at mind.
Well, I know my drivers side has it stamped between where it says H1 and the Model number, on the lens, front of it towards the bottom (if that makes sense).

Old 08/30/2011, 09:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Quote:
Well, I know my drivers side has it stamped between where it says H1 and the Model number, on the lens, front of it towards the bottom (if that makes sense).
Be more clear please. On the curved part of the clear lens?

Old 08/30/2011, 09:13 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Be more clear please. On the curved part of the clear lens?
Right along the bumper, like horizontal with the bumper.

It says like 'H1 DOT (or something)' then 'Sonar' then the model number (I think)

Old 08/30/2011, 09:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Let me check..

Old 08/30/2011, 09:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

I stand corrected, mine are stamped as well. Never looked that close . But back onto the subject, if it has the stamp or not - as long as it's low beam projector, high beam reflector and some type of halo(s) "it's a sonar" which means the design. Stamped or not stamped.

Good job Rice.

Old 08/30/2011, 09:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
lit up

i guess this brings a new question-- you said that your set don't glare as bad as my set, and you just proved that both of our sets have sonar-branded parts-- i wonder if the 'off-brands' are changing/modifying the internals, and keeping the branded lenses?

Old 08/30/2011, 09:57 PM   #35 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
i guess this brings a new question-- you said that your set don't glare as bad as my set, and you just proved that both of our sets have sonar-branded parts-- i wonder if the 'off-brands' are changing/modifying the internals, and keeping the branded lenses?
Possible, but lets not clog this thread with that info. Lets spread that back into your original thread. Check your lens. See if you have that stamp.

Old 09/01/2011, 02:27 PM   #36 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Evil Intent : who are you?Evil Intent : who are you?Evil Intent : who are you?
Quote:
Which ones are you planning on getting
sonars
Evil Intent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/12/2011, 12:23 AM   #37 (permalink)

Vehicle: '03 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
BG_Mitsu sucksBG_Mitsu sucks
Can somebody please post pictures with the light output of all 4 kinds? (Or at least as many as you guys can gather?) I really want new headlights and I fell in love with the dual halos but then I read this topic and it said that they are second to worst I can buy... And I kinda don't want to spend my money for shitty products. I want mine to give me more light than stocks.

So anyway can the owners of the different types just park their in front of the garage with the garage door closed and lights on and snap a picture? Just so it can give us (noobies) a better understanding of what the light output is.

Also why some lenses are colored and why I can't find many of those? Does it matter at all?
BG_Mitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/12/2011, 12:29 AM   #38 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG_Mitsu View Post
Can somebody please post pictures with the light output of all 4 kinds? (Or at least as many as you guys can gather?) I really want new headlights and I fell in love with the dual halos but then I read this topic and it said that they are second to worst I can buy... And I kinda don't want to spend my money for shitty products. I want mine to give me more light than stocks.

So anyway can the owners of the different types just park their in front of the garage with the garage door closed and lights on and snap a picture? Just so it can give us (noobies) a better understanding of what the light output is.

Also why some lenses are colored and why I can't find many of those? Does it matter at all?
Easier said than just done. If you want those pictures you gotta go search for them yourself. I already took a long while just making the first section of the thread. The duals have known crap light output. Why try and go against our advice? Want good light? Buy sonars or depos. Or retrofit your own headlights.

Some lens are tinted, which is stupid. What does tint do? Restrict light flowing through it, so it only worsens your vision. Go with clear lens and a colored housing if you want different colors.

Old 09/12/2011, 12:50 AM   #39 (permalink)

By no means did I want to go against your advice. I just wanted to see how much light output I would have to give up. If you are that much opposed to it I will trust you and get the sonars. However I am still wondering why some lenses are red and others are blue while most of the ones I've seen are white (clear) does that change the color of the light or its a reflection from something else that gets magnified by the lens?
Old 09/12/2011, 07:56 AM   #40 (permalink)
Vroom Psshh

jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.
I only know of 2 options readily available to buy; clear or smoked. Often times the seller (if ebay) uses photoshop which changes lighting and can make the lights appear different than they do in person. There are some pictures I've seen where the chrome of the light's housing reflected the sky or other things and made the lights appear a different color. Scarr originally had the dual halos that I think you're referring to, search some of the first threads he made if you want to see his output. I've posted my own black sonar output and the horrible output of chrome sonars. The dual halo 'sonars' probably use the same projector/ overall reflector setup just with a different housing. Screw cheap halos though, they use 2 LEDs and cannot be seen during the day and can HARDLY be seen at dusk/dawn.
Old 09/12/2011, 08:48 AM   #41 (permalink)

what do you consider cheap halos? Like the ones for $150 or the ones for $200-$300? I really don't want to spend my money on something shitty and I will be getting sonars with black housing just because I want the halos on my car. I believe I am talking for all new people right now as there is a great information provided here in this topic but again just as you said there could be cheap non-worth it headlights.

P.S. I have seen your topic and that helps a lot. I am not getting chromed or smoked!

Last edited by BG_Mitsu; 09/12/2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09/12/2011, 09:51 AM   #42 (permalink)
Vroom Psshh

Cheap halos are LED halos, like I said they use 2 (5mm I think) LEDs to light the ring. The other type is CCFL halos, just like a CFL light bulb and visible during midday, but probably not at distances >100ft (midday), haven't looked into it that much.
Old 09/12/2011, 05:26 PM   #43 (permalink)
lit up

my sonars use some side emitting smd led's. not bad, but no amazing output..

in reference to the output shot question, the only real way to allow any comparison is to keep everything but the headlamps the same.

ie: the same user compares them using the same lighting source/brand in all units, with locked camera settings.

Old 09/12/2011, 11:16 PM   #44 (permalink)

True. Well thanks for all the info guys. I ordered Sonars with single CCFL halo. I was about to order the dual halo sonars when you told me that the halo wont have that much light output so I figured I might as well get the single halo since I like the housing of that one better anyway.
Once I receive them, I will post pictures of the stock headlights compared to the ones I just got with everything else the same )

Again, thanks a lot!!!
Old 09/30/2011, 02:49 AM   #45 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GS
Juanchiselo : who are you?
Awesome, this thread rocks! I wanted to suggest that a thread like this one would be made for body kits using pics from members of the club and if possible to save it into a .pdf in case the pics go down. The .pdf idea would serve better in the tutorials sections, as I have seen some tutorials where the pics are down and some of us are very visual persons.
Juanchiselo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/30/2011, 06:35 AM   #46 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Drewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanchiselo View Post
Awesome, this thread rocks! I wanted to suggest that a thread like this one would be made for body kits using pics from members of the club and if possible to save it into a .pdf in case the pics go down. The .pdf idea would serve better in the tutorials sections, as I have seen some tutorials where the pics are down and some of us are very visual persons.
There already is one for body kits. Search. Plus body kits are not liked around here . . .
Old 11/04/2011, 07:15 PM   #47 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse Spyder GS
wesleygr4 : who are you?
SPyder auto lights

Just installed some spyder auto lights

wesleygr4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/04/2011, 07:16 PM   #48 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Eww, chrome. Nasty glare on those man. Should have gotten black.

Old 11/17/2011, 07:29 PM   #49 (permalink)
CreepnIn The Shadows

Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Aqua Slug Champion!
Vehicle: 15 STI
3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to 3gEclipse86
Sonars also come smoked. I don't think I saw them mentioned, so here is what they look like to give people some more ideas.
does anyone know anyway I can put a turbo on my 01 spyder gt. i don't want it for power i want it for the car shows. so anything would help. maybe i would like to get on it from time to time..
3gEclipse86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/17/2011, 08:43 PM   #50 (permalink)
Pro 3G Racer

Vehicle: 2003 eclipse GS
3GRacer2011 : who are you?
Send a message via Yahoo to 3GRacer2011
im looking at the Mitsubishi Eclipse Dual Halo Sonar Projector (Smoke) with 10000k HID Kit
and they have a great price on them let me know what you think
3GRacer2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/17/2011, 08:47 PM   #51 (permalink)
Fuck salt.

Vehicle: 2005 S2000 JDM Y0
JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via AIM to JermTheElf Send a message via Skype™ to JermTheElf
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GRacer2011 View Post
im looking at the Mitsubishi Eclipse Dual Halo Sonar Projector (Smoke) with 10000k HID Kit
and they have a great price on them let me know what you think
No. Do not get anything above 6000k. And do not get smoked. You will lose visibility.

You can enjoy your straightaways; I prefer the turns.
JermTheElf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/17/2011, 08:48 PM   #52 (permalink)
Pro 3G Racer

im looking at getting these let me know what you think
http://www.jmautoracing.com/images/P...ME00-HL-SM.jpg
Old 11/17/2011, 08:50 PM   #53 (permalink)
Pro 3G Racer

ok ignore my last post i was going smoked all around reverse tail signal and headlights....Any suggestions?????
Old 11/17/2011, 08:55 PM   #54 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Quote:
ok ignore my last post i was going smoked all around reverse tail signal and headlights....Any suggestions?????
Find what you like and do it.
Old 11/17/2011, 09:01 PM   #55 (permalink)
Fuck salt.

Vehicle: 2005 S2000 JDM Y0
JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via AIM to JermTheElf Send a message via Skype™ to JermTheElf
Quote:
Did you read anything in this thread? At all?

You can enjoy your straightaways; I prefer the turns.
JermTheElf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/01/2012, 08:33 AM   #56 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Someone needs to make one for turn signals, reverse lights, and third brake lights. If no-one does I guess I can do it later.

Old 01/16/2012, 10:27 AM   #57 (permalink)
Club 3G Rhode Island

Vehicle: 2000 eclipse gt
cozby89 Is a walking rectal thermometercozby89 Is a walking rectal thermometercozby89 Is a walking rectal thermometercozby89 Is a walking rectal thermometercozby89 Is a walking rectal thermometercozby89 Is a walking rectal thermometercozby89 Is a walking rectal thermometercozby89 Is a walking rectal thermometercozby89 Is a walking rectal thermometercozby89 Is a walking rectal thermometercozby89 Is a walking rectal thermometer
Send a message via AIM to cozby89 Send a message via Skype™ to cozby89
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Like whats the deal with these tail lights??? I haven't seen these on any eclipse on this site and i think they are pretty hot
cozby89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/16/2012, 10:33 AM   #58 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
That's because your a ricetard with your taste in your boots. Go find a body kit to put on your car.

|
|
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/16/2012, 10:40 AM   #59 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozby89 View Post
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Like whats the deal with these tail lights??? I haven't seen these on any eclipse on this site and i think they are pretty hot
Newdie has them
Old 01/16/2012, 11:35 AM   #60 (permalink)

Mattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by manyMattt is well-liked by many
I'll sell you mine for 100
Mattt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Show and Shine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in