Are there any performance springs that DON'T drastically lower the car? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11/14/2016, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Stratus R/T
RecklessWOT : who are you?
Are there any performance springs that DON'T drastically lower the car?

Went to go throw the new struts in the other day and quickly noticed 3 of my coil springs are broken (no surprise there I guess with how it rides). I'm in an 02 Stratus R/T now instead of my Eclipse (unfortunately), and I hear it's actually a common problem with those breaking springs since they were slightly softer than what came on the Eclipse.

I figured while I'm in there, since I have to buy new springs anyway for not much more money I might as well put in something better than stock (just looking for regular springs, not doing coilovers). Only problem is that all I can find are 2-2.5" lowering springs no matter where I look or who makes them. I really have no interest in lowering the car, roads around here aren't that great and I honestly don't even really like the looked of dropped cars, it sits pretty low as it is. I don't mind going down an inch or so as I have done on other cars in the past to get stiffer springs and better handling and it looks/performs reasonably well. But 2-2.5" just seems excessive to me.

Does anyone know of a decent spring option that is 1-1.5 lower, if even at all? Should I just go with stock Eclipse GT springs? I guess anything is better than broken springs and they're slightly better than the Stratus springs anyway. Being that convertibles are heavier, I'm pretty sure the Spyder springs are different probably to compensate for the extra weight? Better, worse, or no difference performance wise when put on a coupe?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

2002 Stratus R/T 5spd - Just a liiiitle bigger, heavier, and slower. Makes me miss my Eclipse. Gimme back my hatch...

Last edited by RecklessWOT; 11/14/2016 at 10:24 AM.
RecklessWOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11/14/2016, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
You haven't looked very hard. Tein Htechs are what you're after. Its a mild drop and a big bump in spring rate. I've had them on my beater for 60000 miles.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/14/2016, 12:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Spring King

Vehicle: '11 135i, '98 Ranger 4x4
tracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by many
Yep, H-Tech was my first answer as well. Historically the go-to 3G Eclipse spring for a mild drop..
tracer bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11/15/2016, 08:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Stratus R/T
RecklessWOT : who are you?
Awesome, I'll most likely go for those.
Thanks guys, heh sorry I'm really bad at internetting (I still have a flip phone and all that shit). Only real name brand ones I was able to find were Eibachs and then a bunch of stupid off label stuff. Even on here, all the posts I found were talking about the Eibach sportlines which are still 2-2.5"
Looks like the Teins are about the $300 range or so?

2002 Stratus R/T 5spd - Just a liiiitle bigger, heavier, and slower. Makes me miss my Eclipse. Gimme back my hatch...
RecklessWOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/15/2016, 08:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Spring King

Vehicle: '11 135i, '98 Ranger 4x4
tracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by many
https://www.club3g.com/forum/vendor-s...shipped-9.html

Maybe try this person and see if they have them / can get them? Or:

TEIN H.Tech Lowering Springs 00-05 Mitsubishi Eclipse (D53A) 6cyl | eBay

Looks like more in the $200 range, maybe less, assuming these are the real deal and nothing funny.
tracer bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/16/2016, 09:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
Tein springs are always stamped. If it's not, they're fake. Buy them from a reputable vendor, even if you have to spend a little extra.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in