2004 Eclipse GT w/ Nissan rims? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11/17/2016, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 04 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
RapidFireXVI : who are you?
2004 Eclipse GT w/ Nissan rims?

I am running 215/50 R17 on stock rims on my 04 Eclipse GT at the moment.
Mitsubishi Eclipse 2004 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs - Wheel-Size.com says the wheel size is 7Jx17 ET40.

Now, I bought some used rims that were apparently from a 2000 Nissan Maxima for $100.
The tires that were on there before I got them removed were 245/45 17.
Nissan Maxima 2000 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs - Wheel-Size.com says the stock tire size is 225/50 R17 and wheel size is 7JJx17 ET45.

Both wheels are 5x114.3 so I know that works. I've started painting the Nissan rims and realized they might not work with the other tires.

A little advice would be great. I don't want to paint them for nothing and not be able to use them.

TLDR; will 215/50 R17 work on 7JJx17 ET45 Wheels?
RapidFireXVI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11/17/2016, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Spring King

Vehicle: '11 135i, '98 Ranger 4x4
tracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by many
Look up center bore. It's been a while but I think Nissan is smaller than Mitsubishi and that means these will not go onto your hubs. You looked up some good wheel specs but not all of them.
tracer bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/18/2016, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

They fit fine on the car. Must be the same centre bore. I did test fit them before buying. I just want to make sure the wheels will take the tires 215 50 17.

Old 11/19/2016, 05:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Spring King

Vehicle: '11 135i, '98 Ranger 4x4
tracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by many
I did not have that exact setup but I seriously doubt that 5mm offset change off stock should cause an issue as far as fitment of the wheel + tire combo to the car. Regarding fitment just of the tire to the wheels, you're saying they are the same diameter and width so yes they should definitely fit fine.

I am thinking that the wheels are not stock but aftermarket. Looking up Maxima and Eclipse center bores, stock Maxima wheels would be too small to completely seat.
tracer bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/21/2016, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Its wierd because they do say nissan all over them lol. Even have nissan caps. Maybe the guy was wrong and they aren't off a Maxima. Either way ill try them and see how it goes. If they wont fit I can sell them or trade for some that will work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in