Wheel and Tire Sizing and Fitment Guide - Page 8 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03/14/2017, 11:23 AM   #421 (permalink)

akprice44 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Some notes to help:

215 means 215mm width, and since 2.54cm = 1 inch this means it's about (rounding off) means an 8.5" wide tire. Still though it would work a little more is recommended.

The 50 in your #'s means the height of the sidewall is 50% of the width, so ~ 107.5mm height. You can vary the width and height as a %age if you match up the actual result and don't go too crazy. For example a 225 / 45 / 17 tire would be 101.25mm height. Shorter, but not drastic. 235 / 45 / 17 is even better at 105.75mm height.

I think you can do 235 / 45 / 17 at that offset but it's been a while so I'd read backwards and check for people who have run it or go re-read the first post in this thread to be sure.

Thanks for clearing this up. Must have mis-typed in the calculator when I was figuring out what width wheels a 215 would fit.

-Alex
akprice44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06/13/2018, 11:13 PM   #422 (permalink)

Camafterlife2 : who are you?
Will 17x8 fit my 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS I have 17x7 factory rims on my car now. The rims I want are only one inch wider. I don't really want to do any mods to the car to get the rims to fit. I prefer just to put the rims on the car. Please let me know if these 17x8 will fit my Eclipse without mods, thanks
Camafterlife2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/24/2018, 10:58 AM   #423 (permalink)

Eclipse0921 : who are you?
Does anyone have an eclipse lowered 2 inches with 25mm spacers
Eclipse0921 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03/25/2019, 11:49 AM   #424 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GT 3.0L V6
Heroxoot : who are you?
Is it bad that I've been running 225/45/18 on my eclipse (2003)for a year now? She seems to handle well. Should I drop her to 215/45/18? She had 225/40/18 when I bought her but they got fat knots and nobody had that size.
Heroxoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/25/2019, 11:21 PM   #425 (permalink)
USN

Vehicle: 2004 Eclipse RS
3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular
Your speedometer will be a little slow compared to normal, but not a huge difference. Using the tire size comparison, 215/45-18 would be closer to stock. It's 0.6% difference compared to 2.0%.
3G Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in