Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm starting my Turbo-ing process sometime this week by putting my 00 RS in the garage and taking stuff off...
I am scared of how the oil lines will work out, since most my lines are for 4g63 setups, and I have never done this sorta stuff before...
here is what i got so far:

-TD05H-16G big evo3 turbo
-4g63 evo3 manifold
-FMIC with custom pipes (2.5")
-Greddy recirc. BOV
-walbro in-tank fuel pump
-AEM AFPR
-fuel rail adapter
-Greddy turbo timer
-turboxs boost controller

my question is, at about 7psi, am I gonna need new injectors (such as the OEM 02 WRX's?) - and with those do you think I need to do anything to my ECU? because I would reaaallly love NOT to touch the ECU...

thanks, let me know guys!!:sad::twitch::confused:

·
Lift and Separate
2,259 Posts
At 7psi, you will most likely need new injectors. Also, you should probably find another form of tuning instead of just a FPR. Increasing fuel pressure is not the proper way to tune a car, and after a few months you will most likely be left with a blown motor that never ran right in the first place. You should find a means to control injector pulse width and ignition timing. Since reflashing your ECU has been researched so thoroughly and is very inexpensive to do, I recommend you look into it. Might as well take your time and spend a few extra dollars up front, otherwise you will regret it later when expensive things start to break.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply...I am thinking of going that route too, but I thought that the '00 ECU is not reflashable...
if thats the case, should I go with eManage, or is a Apexi SAFC enough??
...either way I have no clue how to wire these up so thats gonna be interesting lol

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
00 ECU isnt flashable you prolly will need to use the emanage. If you read cloudINCs first turbo tread youll see that the SAFC wasnt enough in the long run. Also since you arent interested in any wiring work, youll also need to consider an emange boomslang harness, or alternatively an 01+ ECU swap. Or just collect the big parts which it looks like you mostly have and take it all to a shop.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow nice so i guess i could just get a emanage (blue??) and the boomslang plug and play harness and then i'd have full control over fuel management...that shall work :)
all i gotta wait for now is 1 more paycheck and i will just go ahead and get it...
my FMIC size is 28" long, do you guys think thats okay size, or should I get smaller??
-and with the emanage, proper fuel pump, and injectors and AFPR....do you all think 8-9 psi would be safe???????

Thanks for allll the help, cant wait to start putting her together!!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
wow nice so i guess i could just get a emanage (blue??) and the boomslang plug and play harness and then i'd have full control over fuel management...that shall work :)
all i gotta wait for now is 1 more paycheck and i will just go ahead and get it...
my FMIC size is 28" long, do you guys think thats okay size, or should I get smaller??
-and with the emanage, proper fuel pump, and injectors and AFPR....do you all think 8-9 psi would be safe???????

Thanks for allll the help, cant wait to start putting her together!!!!
Do the ecu swap for full control over fuel management. Do you have an automatic transmission?

·
Registered
339 Posts
This is my favorite part of this thread :uh:.

my question is, at about 7psi, am I gonna need new injectors (such as the OEM 02 WRX's?) - and with those do you think I need to do anything to my ECU? because I would reaaallly love NOT to touch the ECU...
And also if you have a manual transmission you are going to have to upgrade your clutch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh yeah forgot to mention I'm already running on a Centerforce clutch, I hope it's gonna hold.
i would love to do the ECU swap but im not a fan of wiring, so I might just go with the GReddy eManage for now and do the ECU swap later...

·
Registered
339 Posts
oh yeah forgot to mention I'm already running on a Centerforce clutch, I hope it's gonna hold.
i would love to do the ECU swap but im not a fan of wiring, so I might just go with the GReddy eManage for now and do the ECU swap later...
wtf are you talking about wiring. you apparently have not read anything about the swap at all because all you have to do is plug the new ecu in and get someone here to mod the rom for you. only a fool would use the emanage with the manual transmission ecu now. :ugh:

edit: and the cam reluctor...but i dont know why i am giving you all this information

http://www.club3g.com/forum/eclipse-performance/70902-2000-fed-spec-2003-ecu-w-ecuflash-done.html

in the end it will end up costing less than an e-manage with more control over your engine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
vercetti 1765 you're right I haven't read anything about the swap, and thank you for the info...thats deffffff something I will try to do then, I guess I just gotta buy a new ECU and look into getting it flashed...

Thanks for the info again, sorry if I'm causing headaches...I thought I knew a whole lot about turbocharging, but I'm learning sooo much every day :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol thanks...im still not understanding a whole lot, PLUS i just called my friend who is HUGE into cars and turbos etc. he said he has a GReddy emanage I can have since he upgraded to stand alone on his RX7, I just need to buy the boomslang...in this case, should I still swap ECU's or should I just get the boomslang, since I dont need to pay for the emanage???
what do you guys think???

·
Lift and Separate
2,259 Posts
should I still swap ECU's or should I just get the boomslang, since I dont need to pay for the emanage???
Well it's already been stated that an ECU swap will give you more control over the engine, so I would suggest you look around for a new ECU before buying the boomslang harness. You could probably sell that eManage for a decent amount of money to put towards (or cover) the cost of a new ECU, so in the end, it would be cheaper and a better tuning solution.

·
Registered
339 Posts
lol thanks...im still not understanding a whole lot, PLUS i just called my friend who is HUGE into cars and turbos etc. he said he has a GReddy emanage I can have since he upgraded to stand alone on his RX7, I just need to buy the boomslang...in this case, should I still swap ECU's or should I just get the boomslang, since I dont need to pay for the emanage???
what do you guys think???
sell the e-manage. i don't know if it will work with a 3g. use the money towards an ecu reluctor and maybe some 440 wrx injectors. why are you insisting on using the e-manage:sad:? flashing the ecu is so much better :hspin:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha just scared of going through the hassle of new keys new immobilizer and then taking it to mitsu to get it all fired up...i guess its my stupidity i know :)
i guess i could sell that emanage and get the ecu swap :) now i'm gonna look into some local flashers :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
haha just scared of going through the hassle of new keys new immobilizer and then taking it to mitsu to get it all fired up...i guess its my stupidity i know :)
i guess i could sell that emanage and get the ecu swap :) now i'm gonna look into some local flashers :)
ok...if you read the thread i posted im pretty sure somewhere it talks about deleting the immobilizer from the ecu...so basically you dont have to take it to the dealer at all...just download the rom with ecuflash, post it here, and ask politely if someone will delete it for you...there are a few people that know how. basically that is all you have to do along with installing the new cam reluctor. you dont need new keys or anything.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
niiice i like that a LOT wow im learning more here than i ever did in all my autotech classes hahaha

i also forgot to mention that i already got my 2.5 custom bent catback on there with a N1 muffler from Apexi today, it sounds deeeep :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
also, do you guys think I should buy a Evo VIII oil pan for about $150 brand new or just use my stock one, and drill it out for the oil lines?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts