Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna install what I call the finger lights from the 00-02 bumper on my 03 but can't seem to find the housings. Any help with this??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
16,324 Posts
You talking about the fake vents? The 00-02 won't fit on the 03+. You'll need to buy new ones. They're cheap. Dealer can supply them, or you can google it and find them everywhere too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked on eBay and all that looking, just not sure what's gonna fit properly without modifying anything. I ordered the 00-02 turn lights hoping it would work.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
The 00-02 won't fit on the 03+. You'll need to buy new ones. They're cheap. Dealer can supply them, or you can google it and find them everywhere too.
Exactly this. Hopefully you can return what you bought and try again and get the right ones this time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I've searched yet again and all I'm finding is the turn lamps, the round fog lights and cheap aftermarket led lights. Will the aftermarket turn lights fit in these spaces? The only dealer part I've found is the bezel cover

·
Administrator
16,324 Posts
So I've searched yet again and all I'm finding is the turn lamps, the round fog lights and cheap aftermarket led lights. Will the aftermarket turn lights fit in these spaces? The only dealer part I've found is the bezel cover

If your seriously having a hard time finding it online just call a dealer. Get a VIN number from an 03+ eclipse online, call a dealer, get the part number. It's really not this hard man. :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are the plastic covers:

Front Bumper Garnish Trim Insert Covers 2003 - 2005 Eclipse Genuine Mitsubishi | eBay

I get the impression now you are trying to put lights in there? That was not a factory option, you will not be able to order anything form anywhere for that. If you want to pursue a crap ton of lights in your bumper you are talking totally custom.

I am trying to put lights in where the bezel covers are on the 03+ bumper. I know they came in the 00-02 body in place of the round fog lights but I wanted to have both sets for the look I'm going for. Also Chad, I've called my local dealer for simple questions and they've plain hung up on me so there bout useless. Thank you all for the input though.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
I think you are mistaken on where lights came on these cars. For all years, though the bumper changed shapes, only the top of the 3 rows had lights. And these were just turn signals. The middle and lower rows were plastic inserts. No models ever had fog lights of any sort stacked 3 high. Nor anything other than turn signals on just the top row.

As for fogs, older models had them at the side of the large opening, newer had it built into the round areas. Again, there were never fogs in the area you are describing. The picture in your top link is either a bunch of stuff painted yellow, or if they are actually fogs it was a very custom job. Never did any factory cars have that many lights of any sort.

Google pics of these cars or look around the forum in the "Member's Rides" section.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The picture at the top reminds me of a car I saw on a members ride thread, it was a custom job and nothing like that ever came out of the factory.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually, he 00-02 had a totally different front bumper where they had three stacked lights that were specified as running lights. You can order the bumpers with the option for the lights

·
Administrator
16,324 Posts
Actually, he 00-02 had a totally different front bumper where they had three stacked lights that were specified as running lights. You can order the bumpers with the option for the lights

There weren't three stacked lights. Each version had a turn signal on top with fake vents below the turn signals.

·
lit up
4,334 Posts

that's not an option anywhere. the 00-02, all 3 inserts per side are exactly the same size, so you can manually cut out the lower inserts and use the turn signal housing in each location, but there's no pre-fab option for this anywhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
that's not an option anywhere. the 00-02, all 3 inserts per side are exactly the same size, so you can manually cut out the lower inserts and use the turn signal housing in each location, but there's no pre-fab option for this anywhere.
Inserts are NOT the same size as turn signals. Definately takes a small amount of fabrication as the sizes taper down. Ending product looks great though.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts