Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 eclipse RS with stainless steel manifold back exhaust system, intake, Volvo performance piggyback, and a mishimoto radiator.
I am buying this 1300 dollar turbo kit: DSM 3G 4g64 2 4L SOHC T04E T3 T3 T4 Turbo Kit with Turbonetics Turbo Charger T3 | eBay

I am required to upgrade the injectors, pump, and do an ECU tune (getting a rom tune from the installer) and I was wondering either what injectors and pump you guys have on ur turbo'd 4 bangers or if the ones I link you to are good
The kit comes with literally everything from the turbo manifold to the waste gate and oil feed lines.
READ THE TURBO KITS INFO.

Injectors:PTE Precision 1000cc Injectors EVO 7 8 9 4g63 4g64 Eclipse Talon Laser DSM Turbo | eBay

Fuel rail (do I need to upgrade?): Aem Fuel Rail Kit 03 07 Lancer EVO Evolution 4g63 Black | eBay

Fuel pump: Walbro GSS342 255LPH Fuel Pump Mitsubishi Eclipse 1990 - 2005

Resistor pack (told to get to prevent flooding, do I need?): 1990 1999 1g 2G DSM Injector Resistor Box EVO 8 9 Turbo Honda IIIV IX Evolution | eBay

Thank you so much to anybody who even reads this.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
01 RS turbo build advice

I have an 01 eclipse RS with stainless steel manifold back exhaust system, intake, Volo performance piggyback, and a mishimoto radiator.
I am buying this 1300 dollar turbo kit: DSM 3G 4g64 2 4L SOHC T04E T3 T3 T4 Turbo Kit with Turbonetics Turbo Charger T3 | eBay

I am required to upgrade the injectors, pump, and do an ECU tune (getting a rom tune from the installer) and I was wondering either what injectors and pump you guys have on ur turbo'd 4 bangers or if the ones I link you to are good
The kit comes with literally everything from the turbo manifold to the waste gate and oil feed lines.
READ THE TURBO KITS INFO.

Injectors: PTE Precision 1000cc Injectors EVO 7 8 9 4g63 4g64 Eclipse Talon Laser DSM Turbo | eBay

Fuel rail (do I need to upgrade?): AEM Fuel Rail Kit 03-07 Lancer EVO Evolution 4G63 BLACK

Fuel pump: Walbro GSS342 255LPH Fuel Pump Mitsubishi Eclipse 1990 - 2005

Resistor pack (told to get to prevent flooding, do I need?): 1990 1999 1g 2G DSM Injector Resistor Box EVO 8 9 Turbo Honda IIIV IX Evolution | eBay

Thank you so much to anybody who even posts with help

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There some one on Facebook mitsunation who is selling her kit and it should be better than that ebay kit

Ok well that kit is literally the most expensive kit I have found with all required parts, and I'm not buying a used kit....why is the one I have posted bad?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's all universal crap. You're better off buying a bunch of evo8 parts off the evo forums.
So ur basically telling me I picked out all the right parts that I need injector/fuel pump wise? Do I need the fuel rail?
>read the whole thread

·
Soon to be 4G64K-T!
561 Posts
Yea man, don't buy that Kit. For an extra 500 to 600 more you can piece together everything from an evo 8 And it is guaranteed to take the abuse. A rebuild kit for an evo 8 16g is 150 if you want the peace of mind. trust us on this one. Chad actually went turbo with a used 16g and it's running mint.

everything else will be fine. Really no need for the fuel rail though

·
Registered
62 Posts
Get 440cc non sti green plug n play injectors. Go with a evo 9 pump. Get Aeromotive a1000 fuel regulator. Also, don't get a ebay kit trust me. I was impatient installed a cheap ebay kit and blew motor. Are you auto or manual? If your auto your best option is dual ecu like me. If manual just use stock ecu or flash evo rom. Please listen and don't buy ebay turbo you will be sorry. I had to do it twice. You have to pay to play. But go with a evo 8 16 setup for quality. I hope you listened.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get 440cc non sti green plug n play injectors. Go with a evo 9 pump. Get Aeromotive a1000 fuel regulator. Also, don't get a ebay kit trust me. I was impatient installed a cheap ebay kit and blew motor. Are you auto or manual? If your auto your best option is dual ecu like me. If manual just use stock ecu or flash evo rom. Please listen and don't buy ebay turbo you will be sorry. I had to do it twice. You have to pay to play. But go with a evo 8 16 setup for quality. I hope you listened.
Can you please link me to all the parts I need for a good turbo the a? This kit isn't shitty if yo read the entire thing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No such thing as a turbo "kit" for the 3G...
That's weird because if you open the link there is literally every part required even down to the oil feed lines and I spoke with a technician from the company and they told me that there should be no problems with the kit what so ever as long as I use the right injectors, pump, and tuning software (which he verified for me since none of you would do it) and he even gave me a 20% off promo code for when I purchase the kit. I was told not to by exhaust system for my car, works great, I was told not to buy he DB12 piggy back, works great, and now I know for a 100% fact that this turbo kit SPONSORED BY TURBONETICS TURBOS will work PERFECTLY.
I'll be back in 2 months with proof of it working and installed, then 2 more months with my car still working.
But thanks anyways to all of you.

·
Administrator
16,320 Posts
So, lemme get this right. You asked us for help. We try and point you in right direction. A guy who ran those ebay kits first handed told you to stay away. He been through more than one of them too. Then you don't believe the people you asked when we point you in the right direction. So, instead, you contact the SELLER of the kit, and ask his advice. In turn, he then offers you more money off the product (which we told you to stay away from), and you bought it. So, the SELLER help you decided you should purchase his product. The same guy puts the word "DSM" in the link of the "kit" he is selling.

This thread is going places, quick. Not good places, but places non the less.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, lemme get this right. You asked us for help. We try and point you in right direction. A guy who ran those ebay kits first handed told you to stay away. He been through more than one of them too. Then you don't believe the people you asked when we point you in the right direction. So, instead, you contact the SELLER of the kit, and ask his advice. In turn, he then offers you more money off the product (which we told you to stay away from), and you bought it. So, the SELLER help you decided you should purchase his product. The same guy puts the word "DSM" in the link of the "kit" he is selling.

There's no way to use tags on eBay so the only way to attract attention to ur post is to use a wide variety of related terminology to attract ur target audience. Lots of companies do it. I looked up a turbo kit for Toyota Corolla and found one that works on both a matrix and a corolla with terminology used for the wrong generations implemented in the post.
Just because they wanna be found by more people within the search system doesn't mean they are idiots

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Also thank you for not being rud or insulting, I'm glad this is a civil discussion. But until you can give me specific points as to why this $1,300 turbo kit is a bad idea, I am obviously not going to listen to you guys.

·
Administrator
16,320 Posts
There's no way to use tags on eBay so the only way to attract attention to ur post is to use a wide variety of related terminology to attract ur target audience. Lots of companies do it. I looked up a turbo kit for Toyota Corolla and found one that works on both a matrix and a corolla with terminology used for the wrong generations implemented in the post.
Just because they wanna be found by more people within the search system doesn't mean they are idiots
Never did I question the IQ of the people selling the product. They're marketing geniuses. Just look at all those vague descriptions and uses of the word "high quality" in their ads. I just question the IQ of those who purchase it after they ask a question, and get an answer they don't want the hear. All the same answers with an overwhelming consistency.

·
Administrator
16,320 Posts
Also thank you for not being rud or insulting, I'm glad this is a civil discussion. But until you can give me specific points as to why this $1,300 turbo kit is a bad idea, I am obviously not going to listen to you guys.
It's all universal crap. You're better off buying a bunch of evo8 parts off the evo forums.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts