Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Hunting passenger side sun visor without the opener for my 01 spyder GT, also looking for a dash, and the rear plastic on each side above the back seat and possibly the inside door panels in the dark grey. thanks

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
699 Posts
Sorry, no one has responded to your post. You will be happy to know I have a great idea. I am looking in the yards for sun visors from the 1, 2 and 3G. I am a retired upholsterer... Okay. Now hear me out. Someone P.M`s me and says they need black ... grey or what ever and I make them up. I mail their new set, and they return their set (just like a core return) That way I am ready for the next guy.
Colour has no bearing on price unless someone wanted carbon fibre vinyl... but remember the cost would include shipping, so the farther away you live. You get the picture.
I would do it this way because I feel no one would want to take a chance on loosing their visors, so I would mail first and trust them for the return. It's a trust thing. What do you think Author?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, no one has responded to your post. You will be happy to know I have a great idea. I am looking in the yards for sun visors from the 1, 2 and 3G. I am a retired upholsterer... Okay. Now hear me out. Someone P.M`s me and says they need black ... grey or what ever and I make them up. I mail their new set, and they return their set (just like a core return) That way I am ready for the next guy.
Colour has no bearing on price unless someone wanted carbon fibre vinyl... but remember the cost would include shipping, so the farther away you live. You get the picture.
I would do it this way because I feel no one would want to take a chance on loosing their visors, so I would mail first and trust them for the return. It's a trust thing. What do you think Author?
I would be into that, I have already replaced the driver so all I need is the pasenger side let me know if you get this going

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi All,
Hunting passenger side sun visor without the opener for my 01 spyder GT, also looking for a dash, and the rear plastic on each side above the back seat and possibly the inside door panels in the dark grey. thanks
Where are you located? I know a guy in Maryland, and another in Tampa Florida who routinely have dashes in stock that they rescue from the junk yards.

Also, what's the opener you're referring to? Did later years have a garage door opener built-in?

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
699 Posts
I could not do just one. How do I know what material was used on the one you have installed. The visors usually match what you have as a headliner and I can match that and no one would know the difference. Body cloth and automotive vinyls are about $105.00 pr yard over here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where are you located? I know a guy in Maryland, and another in Tampa Florida who routinely have dashes in stock that they rescue from the junk yards.

Also, what's the opener you're referring to? Did later years have a garage door opener built-in?
I am in Indiana, the opener and option on the GT and GS was built into car and as such the visors were a different shape

·
Registered
249 Posts
I could not do just one. How do I know what material was used on the one you have installed. The visors usually match what you have as a headliner and I can match that and no one would know the difference. Body cloth and automotive vinyls are about $105.00 pr yard over here.
could you do corinthian leather???
always wanted it ever since Ricardo Montalban did those Chrysler commercials years ago...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well @Sisyphus58 ... material is material... yes I could do Corinthian leather, but you would hard-pressed to find it. That is a thing of the past... I doubt if any shop has remaining stock.
TBH, I don't think I would even miss my visors if they weren't there, as I have yet to use them in the six years I've owned this car...
or the 40+ years of owning others.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
699 Posts
Just to clarify... Corinthian leather is man made. Have you ever heard of a Corinthian cow? The leather itself is real, but it is put through a process to give it a more Lustrous Texture. That was a marketing tactic by Chrysler, and it worked. I have to say @Sisyphus58 has good taste. I had a 1985 Córdoba with that interior... Burgundy on Burgundy. Nice car
Okay... now one of you guys keep Sisyphus58 distracted, so I can grab his visors....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just to clarify... Corinthian leather is man made. Have you ever heard of a Corinthian cow? The leather itself is real, but it is put through a process to give it a more Lustrous Texture. That was a marketing tactic by Chrysler, and it worked. I have to say @Sisyphus58 has good taste. I had a 1985 Córdoba with that interior... Burgundy on Burgundy. Nice car
Okay... now one of you guys keep Sisyphus58 distracted, so I can grab his visors....
FYI, I'm not easily distracted...
Font Event Photo caption Happy Advertising

1 - 13 of 13 Posts