Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few threads out there with the same problems (sort of), but mine has a few unique traits. So first, when I try to start the car, nothing happens. No crank, nothing, I only SOMETIMES hear the starter solenoid clicking. I wanted to take the starter off and have somewhere test the motor, but i cant get the second bolt off (I tried spraying PB on it, breaking it loose by tapping on it, but it is on there with over 150lbs of force. I wanted to try and see, so i put a torque wrench to a pretty damn high setting, and it clicked before it did anything) , so before i go to extreme measures of cutting the bolt or something else, I would like other people's opinions.

As I was saying, I try to start it, hear the solenoid (sometimes) but no crank, and then the dash lights will be very dim when the key is in the "on" position, but only after I try to start it. If I don't try and put it in the on position, the dash lights are fine. I tried to load test the battery a bit with the headlights, and sometimes they turn on perfectly, but other times, i hear this weird winding/creaking noise from around my fuse box, and headlights wont come on at all or are very dim, and dash lights will again dim, and door beeping thing will freak out a bit if door is open. Today, I wanted to replicate the problem, but when I turned the headlights on, the noise happened again along with the dash light dimming, except now, my speedo jumps to 60 mph when i turn the headlights on, and straight back to 0 when i turn them off. I was thinking body control module, but I don't think that would cause the car to not crank or start. Maybe its 2 different problem, or one big electrical problem causing all the electronics in the car to mess up, idk, but i have a feeling its a bit more than the starter with all this weird stuff happening when i try and start it.

I am literally clueless, so any suggestions will help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts