Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

02 Eclipse GT Spyder weak spark

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Murkrow 
#1 ·
Sorry if this is already on here but I've looked and can't find anything I have an 02 Eclipse GT Spyder weak spark already put a new timing belt and firm timing is correct cylinder leak down test new crank sensor power to the distributor is correct I think it's the immobilizer but not 100% sure found a ECU immobilizer and key on eBay but it's 4 a Montero wondering if they're interchangeable the numbers do not match the numbers on my ECU if you guys can help me and appreciate it when I get this thing done before the winter turns to cold

#2 ·
You have a weak spark or no spark? Does the engine run? What makes you think it's a spark issue in the first place?

Your immobilizer has nothing to do with a weak spark and neither do any of the other things you've done. The more questions you answer/info you provide the more we can help.

#7 ·
You said you're only seeing 4k volts from the distributor? Are you using an adjustable gap tester to see when spark no longer jumps the gap? The thicker black/white stripe power wire to the distributor runs directly from the MFI relay so you should always see battery power when the key is in the ON position. The cam and crank position sensors only tell it when to fire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.