Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I'd finally post up in here. Not much has changed in almost the year I have owned it except for taking the piece of shit subwoofer system out of it that the previous owner monkey rigged in and doing it right. I've got 2 10" Alpine Type E-10's in it and a 500 watt Alpine amp (some of you may recall my thread from a while ago about wiring it and whatnot). Hope to be getting it lowered before I go up to Michigan to visit my Grandpa at the end of July. I'm already setting aside some money to get Sonars. Anyways enough with this boring stuff. Here are a few pictures I grabbed on my way up to visit my brother. Taken at a scenic turnout in the Arbuckle "Mountains" in Oklahoma.

"Mod" List:

-AEM Cold-Air Intake
-Greddy Evo II catback
-Nite-Shaded Tails and backup lights
-Smoked Turn signals (ordered today, should get them Thursday or Friday)

She's a stocker alright :D

***Updated 6/12/09: Tinted the tail lights and backups

***Update: 3rd Brake light is tinted, I think I may put another coat on it tomorrow since it didn't darken up as much as I thought (put 2 coats on). May have been a little to careful with spraying the night-shades on.

***Update 6/18/09: So the UPS man brought these nice turn signals for me today :D Also painted the fake vents because they were getting a little faded :p

Reactions: Drunkoffjuic

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
Looking good! Those are great mods to start with. I have always thought the titanium would look good with the SS kit. Any other plans with the car?

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eventually get a new front bumper and possibly a WW lip kit. Would like to get some new wheels too but that'll have to wait. I really want to get all the cosmetic issues fixed first then deal with a lip kit and wheels. Suspension has to happen soon though because I got a strut that's startign to leak. Darker tint is also in order, it just isn't dark enough for the Texas sun.

·
Administrator
16,338 Posts
:lol: Phil, the tint is a must in texas.

I think you should get rid of those turn signals before you buy yourself the sonars. Or just get them at the same time. I know they are sold in pairs sometimes. Either way, when you throw on the new suspension, it will look sexy. It already sounds great!

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol: Phil, the tint is a must in texas.

I think you should get rid of those turn signals before you buy yourself the sonars. Or just get them at the same time. I know they are sold in pairs sometimes. Either way, when you throw on the new suspension, it will look sexy. It already sounds great!
Yeah I'm thinking of being a little bit of a rebel and go 15% all around (minus the windshield that's just dumb). Law here is 20% but I've honestly never heard of anyone getting pulled over simply to have their tint checked. Tinted turn signals, backup lights and tails would look pretty nice since I'd like to have a dark look to the car. Still trying to decide which springs I'd want to go with, I like how low the front sits with the S-techs but the rear looks like it sits a little to high for my taste. Wish I could get coilovers but that would sacrifice a lot of the drivability since there is a ton of construction going on around here and the roads are pretty bad plus the cost is a bit of an issue too :p

·
Administrator
16,338 Posts
I like how my teins sit, and love how they ride. I do wish the back was a tad bit lower, but over-all im pleased. If you want somehting a bit lower, the eibachs drop 2 in all around i think. Also i heard good remarks about the intrax. Go look in the lowered 3g show off thread in show and shine. You'll get better ideas on what you'll want.

And dont think you wont get that tint checked around here phil. I had mine check once so far. And another friend of mine has had his check 2 or 3 times. They will make you either peel it off right then and there, or issue a ticket.

Go legal bud. 20% is fine, and its not to dark at night to see out our windows.

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the compliments y'all. It is pretty clean overall, has a few hail dents and the nasty crease in the driver's front fender but it's nothing that can't be repaired.

I think I'll be going with either the Eibach's or Intrax depending on which is cheaper at the time I buy AGX's. Prefer to have an even drop all around.

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tinted the tail lights and back up lights today. They turned out excellent by my standards. Love how the car looks even more now, going to try and find some clear turns with black housings or smoked front turns.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The lights turned out great! Good job!

:)
...man, that's a compliment coming from the man who's done one of the most respected 3G TailLight tinting jobs ever!
One thing that I'd recommend is that you lightly tint your Third Brake Light, and the Red section of the bumper lights. Maybe just about half as dark as the Tails.Those two sections of the rear (well three technically) just look a little out of place.

As you mentioned, either of those Spring set-ups will really get you lookin right.
Also, when you get your HeadLights, I'd suggest that you go with the "Smoked" Sonars, rather than the "Black Housing" ones. There is quite a difference. You can find them on ebay. got mine from "Zomk_Speed" (or something like that)... I love mine.

They would flow great with your Tails... better than the more commonly chosen Black Housing Sonars.

Keep it up man!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am also curious as to what % tint is on your car in the photos... I'm having a really hard time deciding what to put on mine.
You Texas boys are lucky though, Maryland only allows 35% (on any windows of a passenger car). Since the stock glass is actually tinted, even 40% is technically a few % darker than legal (but can be ignored ussually).

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments y'all I really appreciate it. Was a good 7-8 hour job (granted I took a little break to grab a snack and come in out of the lovely heat and humidity).

I am also curious as to what % tint is on your car in the photos... I'm having a really hard time deciding what to put on mine.
You Texas boys are lucky though, Maryland only allows 35% (on any windows of a passenger car). Since the stock glass is actually tinted, even 40% is technically a few % darker than legal (but can be ignored ussually).
I think it's got 35%, not sure it was on there when I got it. My previous car's was darker (I'd almost guess it was 20% since the people we bought it from went with the darkest you could). I want to get 20% in it just to cut down on the amount of sun getting in but for now it's fine, I got more important things I'd like to get done first.

Crimson I couldn't have done such a good job without your How-to (erep comin at ya). I actually wanted to leave the backup light's red part un-tinted so I atleast have 2 bright lights back there so nobody could use the "Oh I couldn't see you" line at night if they hit me (although now that I saw the ones on the tails at night I kinda wish I would've tinted it). Bloodtype I think you're right, smoked headlights will look a lot better with how the rest of my car is, as well as smoked turn signals up front. Time to start looking in the FS section and eBay :) I still can't believe how awesome the rear looks on the car now, can't wait till she's sitting lower too.

Also if anyone was wondering how I did mine...I masked off over the circle parts on the tails where the lights and reflector are and sprayed 2 coats of nite-shades, then unmasked and put another coat on to darken it up a little but still allow more light to go through than with 2 coats over them. And yeah I plan to do the 3rd brake light tomorrow, just couldn't figure out how to get it off at the time and didn't feel like messing with it anymore after I had the backup lights and tails installed. I'll put up more pics in the sunlight once the 3rd brake light is done.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
you know.. something i would recommend, is to change the taillight wiring/bulbs so that all 4 light up as running lights. i did it, and love it, and it would really be slick looking with your tails (they seem like they are missing something where turns are, and that is where the running lights come in). after i did it found this tutorial:
http://www.club3g.com/forum/show/118698-make-both-tailllight-circles-glow-w-headlights.html
that would look extra pimp with your tails.

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
Mind giving me a quick idea of how you went about tinting your tails and reverse lights? I am about to do mine sunday and would love your insight sense yours turned out so well. Shoot me a PM.

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
you know.. something i would recommend, is to change the taillight wiring/bulbs so that all 4 light up as running lights. i did it, and love it, and it would really be slick looking with your tails (they seem like they are missing something where turns are, and that is where the running lights come in). after i did it found this tutorial:
http://www.club3g.com/forum/show/118698-make-both-tailllight-circles-glow-w-headlights.html
that would look extra pimp with your tails.
Yeah that would look nice, something I'll work on tomorrow when I'm screwing around with the 3rd brake light waiting for it to dry and whatnot. It does look like something is missing right now with just the one light lit up. Thanks. :yesway:

SlamminGT: CrimsonGT made an excellent tut and it's what helped mine turn out how they did How-to: Nite-Shades!

And remember, don't rush it or else it will look like shit.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts