Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
101 - 120 of 126 Posts
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Thanks again for the compliments everyone. I'll be ordering suspension stuff hopefully this weekend or next :)

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Love the car its super clean. Can't wait to see it lowered. Just curious where did you get the chrome, well I think its chrome, emblem? I'm guessing ebay?
Nah, a lot came with the chrome ones.

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Just a little update. My brother and I painted the roof on my car black yesterday (had bad cancer spots) and finished up doing the wetsanding, polishing, and waxing today. Amazing result for 2 cans of spray paint :lol: Amazing to see how much my plans for this car have changed. I'm just keeping her running until I get a different car that actually has possibilities performance wise on a somewhat reasonable budget, and a v8 :)

Here are the pics

I'll grab a shot some other time of the car as a whole when it isn't cloudy since you can't really tell the roof is black unless you're up close.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Looks sharp, Phil.

I thought about doing that too with my roof, but with black vinyl.

·
Registered
619 Posts
my eclipse looks the same as yours except for the wheels you got on now and the roof, you should paint your gas door gloss black and your calipers black it makes it look cleaner in my opinion.

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Thanks for the compliments y'all, that is the last I'm doing on her "dress-up" wise unless it means re-clearing headlights to maintain good visibility. She's strictly a daily driver and nothing more, what with over 200k miles and all :lol: Only routine maintenance from now and until we part separate ways.

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
You're not going to lower it?
Why waste $900 on a car worth maybe $1000?

Chad I'd be glad to paint your roof for you if you'd like, so long as you provide airfare and lodging :p (Always wanted to go to Boston)

·
Guru of Rice!!!!!!
9,677 Posts
You dont really need to waste $900 bucks. Today there are many struts that are a new player in the strut field and are cheaper than KYBS, for instance STAGGS. I bought STAGGS for $185 shipped to my door, I have had them for like a year and nothing is wrong with them they feel great. Rode in a car with STAGG struts and Intrax springs and rode very smooth and not bouncy. I currently have STAGG struts and Intrax springs and only paid $285 dollars for all of it. The ride is amazing and the drop looks really good imo, but if you don't feel like its needed then hey your choice (sorry if I sound like a dick in this post, don't really mean to)

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 · (Edited)
$285 would equal 6 tanks of gas, or the 02 sensors my car most likely needs to quit throwing a CEL ;) There are more important fish to fry and I have no intention of working on this car anymore than absolutely necessary. After ripping the upper intake off 3 times and other odds and ends I'm totally worn out with this car and it's squeaks, rattles, and clunks. Only plan on having her for 6 more months at most and then it'll be time for something better, say an '03 or '04 Mustang Cobra or '07-09 Mustang GT :D Yes I like Mustangs and after getting rid of the '96 I drove during high school and first couple years of college I have realized how much I miss having one. Plus nothing beats the sound of a nice throaty American V8!

Also, when dealing with any sort of suspension/brake/tire brands, I prefer to stick with what is tried and true. I'll let others play around with their lives, I intend on living until my natural death :)

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Well it is now farewell to 3g hello S197 :) Just picked up a 2007 Mustang GT Vista Blue Metallic with a 5 speed transmission and nice leather interior. Has a Hurst short throw shifter in it too :ndance: Don't have any huge plans for her right away, just enjoying the thrill of driving a car that actually has some decent power (300 hp and ~320 lb. ft. of torque). I still find it amusing how different two manual transmission cars can be to drive. The Mustang is so much smoother than the Eclipse was it's almost unreal. Enough chatter here are the pics :wub::wub::wub:

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
Looks good Phil!

101 - 120 of 126 Posts