Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Not bad looking, just dont like the wheels
I would have preferred the 18" some have but the car had everything I was looking for. I did consider putting the wheels on it that were on the 3G but after rolling one up to it decided the style was totally wrong for the car. I've got a couple sets of wheels in mind but they are at the bottom of the list of things to do right now. Want exhaust first.

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
lol jaloosk...The 3g was a mere attempt at filling a void when I got a different car 3 years ago when gas was approaching $4/gal. At that time my parents were splitting the cost of a newer car with me and my Mom said "No" to a v8 Mustang, so I got the Eclipse. Now that gas is cheaper and I have a full-time job, I was able to get the car I have been wanting since then. I had very "strict" guidelines for my Mustang and this one had them all; v8, 5 speed, leather interior, and metallic blue, plus the condition is almost like new. It's also a plus having a car with a huge aftermarket support, and 300hp stock isn't something to shake a stick at either :p This car definitely made the Eclipse feel like a total dog (which it is :D).

·
Hey u there
287 Posts
You dont really need to waste $900 bucks. Today there are many struts that are a new player in the strut field and are cheaper than KYBS, for instance STAGGS. I bought STAGGS for $185 shipped to my door, I have had them for like a year and nothing is wrong with them they feel great. Rode in a car with STAGG struts and Intrax springs and rode very smooth and not bouncy. I currently have STAGG struts and Intrax springs and only paid $285 dollars for all of it. The ride is amazing and the drop looks really good imo, but if you don't feel like its needed then hey your choice (sorry if I sound like a dick in this post, don't really mean to)
Do you still have stagg's and if so do you still like them :yesway:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

End result of the past 10 years of ownership, going to be putting new coil packs in today (hopefully). Car is sitting with Eibach's shocks/struts and on Sportline springs. SN95 Saleen wheels 18x9 up front and 18x10 in the rear on Hankook Ventus Evo2 tires (which are fantastic). Exhaust is a Magnaflow catted h-pipe (I had a Bassani hi-flow catted X-pipe and threw codes like woah!) with Bassani street axle back mufflers and no lie the car was loud as fuck. Car is perfect in terms of driving volume now no more drone, even with the hi-flow catted x-pipe I couldn't get the idle volume where I wanted it. Last summer inherited a legend of a car from my Uncle who wanted my brother and I to have his '69 Roadrunner that's rockin a 440 under the hood, motor is done incredibly and he did a bad ass job of making her handle good too. I would say I'm almost as confident throwing her through the twisties in one of my drive route in my Mustang I take at 55-60 doing 50-55mph in it. 1/8mile or 1/4mile that Roadrunner will sadly (not really) eat my Mustang alive.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts