Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

03 Celica GT clutch question. Help please.

490 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Rulez
My brother recently purchased a 03 celica GT with a bad clutch. Well we purchased it the other day and took it somewhere to replace it. The shop owner let us know that the previous owner of the car had installed a performance clutch and an aluminum flywheel. He said that the stock clutch that we purchased may not work with the aluminum flywheel. I didnt think it actually made a difference. I thought people put lighter flywheels on stock clutches all the time. I would just like to know your thoughts on this situation. Will it be ok or no? :confused:

Thanks before hand.

P.S. I begged him to get a 3g but he didnt want the same car I had.:noplease:
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Shouldn't make a difference, but you really should have the flywheel resurfaced, and I don't know if a shop will have any reservations about resurfacing aluminum vs. steel.
Shouldn't make a difference, but you really should have the flywheel resurfaced, and I don't know if a shop will have any reservations about resurfacing aluminum vs. steel.
Thanks for your input man.:bigthumb:
Ditto
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.