Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about my car.
I have a 2003 Eclipse GS Automatic Turbo, I recently just had my kit installed and every time I put the pedal to the floor it sounds like my fuel sputters out (injectors/pump can't keep up) at around 4/5k RPMs. I upgraded my fuel pump to the fuel pump that comes out of the v6 as the mechanic said that should be plenty big enough, but it still sounds like my stock injectors are not keeping up (it sputters out at about 4/5k RPMs), it sounds like my car starts gargling or choking on air and fuel, does this sound like my injectors arnt big enough/not keeping up?. Another question is about my auto tranny, a lot of people are telling me my stock automatic transmission isn't going to hold up very long, is this true? What are your thoughts of doing a Auto to Manual conversion, would it be worth it price wise?. I am only running 7lbs of boost and don't plan to run any more then 7, but I can't tell if it has made a HUGE difference because of my fuel problem I'm having, but once I get it all figured out, how big of a difference do you think I should see on 7lbs? The mechanic said I will probably have 200-220HP, does that sound about right?. Do you think I will be able to beat a stock 95 GST? Do I have to upgrade my ECU to tune the car? I heard that it it the same ECU off the Evo 8 and doesn't need upgraded to be tuned?

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Not a single question you've asking hasn't been covered many times. You need to read.

Beyond that no, a bone stock GST would romp you.

·
Registered
274 Posts
No expert but u can try an evo fuel pump and injectors but you will need some knowledge to make it work.

Do you need a tune?? That should have been the first thing you did after the turbo.

Evo ecu will only work for your engine but you will need to either run you old ecu with it, or see if you can flash it to work your tranny. And a tune.

Will your tranny hold up? Idk but let me know cus im planing on doing the same but with the evo swap.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
2.4LR16VDOHCAWDTURBO
1,515 Posts
Just replied to your e-mail, Tyson.

V6 fuel pump is the same as the I4, isn't it?
Yessir they're identical. You should get an Evo VIII/IX at the very least. Preferably a Walbro 255 though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts